What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

Thomas, your Brococks barrel is the least picky barrel....EVER! Awesome shooting! A barrel that is not ammo fussy is, well, NIRVANA!
Hello @Ranchibi

I agree, this is the second Brocock that I have owned that would shoot almost any pellet down the barrel. I know that I had some AA, JSB, Rifle and JTS in that batch and I think several others :D . I still have a bunch more so it will be fun to see how they shoot.

ThomasT

Reactions: cavedweller
Hello @Ranchibi

I agree, this is the second Brocock that I have owned that would shoot almost any pellet down the barrel. I know that I had some AA, JSB, Rifle and JTS in that batch and I think several others :D . I still have a bunch more so it will be fun to see how they shoot.

ThomasT
I too am lucky in that my RAW's nom choked poly barrel is not pellet fussy at all...I feel fortunate in that regard 🤗

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Hello everyone,

Thunder storm in the area again today so I can only shoot between the rain. Wind variable but long pauses in between so not a real problem.

Range: Outdoor 10-Meters
Rifle: Brocock Sniper XR .22 caliber
Scope: Athlon Argos BTR Gen2 10-40x56
Pellets: JTS Dead Center 18.1gr
FPS:
FPE:
Wind: 5 to 10 mph

ThomasT

Brocock Sniper XR.177.jpg

Hello everyone,

Thunder storm in the area again today so I can only shoot between the rain. Wind variable but long pauses in between so not a real problem.

Pellets: JTS Dead Center 18.1gr
FPS:
FPE:

ThomasT

View attachment 461339
Thomas, great patience, awesome timing and, great card!

• Love
Reactions: rsfrid and ThomasT
I got in a batch of the AEA 25.3g pellets for the .22 ...slightly smaller than the MRD's, a shallower cavity than the MRD shallows, and a slightly thicker skirt wall.
I wanted to try them in the RAW for accuracy and repeatabilty
50 shots at 10m indoor. anything not within the circle was a miss...had only one that was a flyer #93
hopefully I will get some range time soon
IMG_0184.jpeg

I got in a batch of the AEA 25.3g pellets for the .22 ...slightly smaller than the MRD's, a shallower cavity than the MRD shallows, and a slightly thicker skirt wall.
I wanted to try them in the RAW for accuracy and repeatabilty
50 shots at 10m indoor. anything not within the circle was a miss...had only one that was a flyer #93
hopefully I will get some range time soon
View attachment 461415
Nice Mike! Very promising with those pellets!

Hello @Florida_Man

Great card (y) and remains of a lizard :LOL:

ThomasT
Thank you sir. I printed these on reused paper, the reverse side has agency policy I used to study for the promotional exam back at the beginning of the year.

I really like that target. I wanted to shoot one with my Revere, but that would have required I mount a scope back on it. Maybe this weekend.

• Love
Hello everyone,

No rain and no wind and I wasn’t sure that I would be able to shoot in theses conditions :p . I decided to set up on 25-Yards and take advantage of these special great conditions and shoot a stack of paper targets. Got lucky and shot several good targets but I nailed this one and that put a smile on my face :).

Pellets: JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr
FPS: 834
FPE: 28
Wind: zero mph

ThomasT

Brocock Sniper XR.178.jpg

I mounted my 36x back on my huntsman and was able to get a card .

I just opened this tin, unfortunately the skirts are in the best condition. I swear two of them sounded different on their way to the target.

Range: Outdoor 25 yards.
Rifle: Daystate Huntsman Revere Safari 177
Scope: Sightron SII 36x
Pellets: JSB Monster 13.43
FPS: Can’t remember. I need to have notes.
FPE:
Wind: ESE 13 MPH. My house did a good job blocking it from me feeling it

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

No rain and no wind and I wasn’t sure that I would be able to shoot in theses conditions :p . I decided to set up on 25-Yards and take advantage of these special great conditions and shoot a stack of paper targets. Got lucky and shot several good targets but I nailed this one and that put a smile on my face :).

Wind: zero mph

ThomasT

View attachment 462172
Great shooting.

• Love
Hello everyone,

Another almost perfect day to shoot some paper targets. Setup on 10-Meters with the 3.0 General Target and enjoyed shooting with the Sniper XR which has become my all time favorite benchrest rifle. I had placed an order for a Maple Magazine to compare with the factory mag and my CARM mags and the Maple mag worked perfect.

ThomasT

Brocock Sniper XR.179.jpg