What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

Been working with NSA 20.2gr slugs dialing them in for accuracy and find them more forgiving than the NSA 17.5gr by just a little bit. You can see my scope adjustments above then hit Thomas's bullseye when POI seemed correct. The second pic is 4 shots after that bullseye. Slugs are fun to shoot and remind me of springers, it's really up to the shooter to ensure accuracy which in my case is, well, inconsistent at best just like my springers and me....😂👍

IMG_7276.jpeg

IMG_7275.jpeg

Been working with NSA 20.2gr slugs dialing them in for accuracy and find them more forgiving than the NSA 17.5gr by just a little bit. You can see my scope adjustments above then hit Thomas's bullseye when POI seemed correct. The second pic is 4 shots after that bullseye. Slugs are fun to shoot and remind me of springers, it's really up to the shooter to ensure accuracy which in my case is, well, inconsistent at best just like my springers and me....😂👍

View attachment 456596

View attachment 456597
Hello @Ranchibi

That is some close grouping with the slugs.

ThomasT

Hello @Ranchibi

That is some close grouping with the slugs.

ThomasT
Thank you Thomas! Slugs definitely need lots of practice and attention to detail when shooting them and I enjoy that sort of journey although the results are hit and miss like golf...😂...guess I'm a sucker for disappointment!

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT

View attachment 456596

View attachment 456597
Nice groups @Ranchibi
What size are you using with the slugs?
Looks great so far...look forward to the updates!!
I didn't have enough tylenol for slugs 😜 , but haven't given up on them...wallet kinda has though:ROFLMAO:

Reactions: rsfrid
Hello everyone,

Cloudy with rain in the area so I decided to shoot before it started. Had some of the old 2.0 version of the General Target and I was surprised how much the black cross hairs mask/hide my reticle compared to the new red cross hairs. It took me a bit more time to zero in on each target.

Range: Outdoor 10-Meters
Rifle: Brocock Sniper XR .22 caliber
Scope: Athlon Argos BTR Gen2 10-40x56
Pellets: JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr
FPS: 834
FPE: 28
Wind: 5 to 10 mph

ThomasT

Brocock Sniper XR.169.jpg

Shot these Tuesday during our N50 match. Thomas HPX, 25.4 MRDs @50Y. Stout R to L full value winds, aiming at the right box line to hit the left side of the bull. My misses came when the wind shifted into my face and it bit me.

View attachment 456811View attachment 456812View attachment 456813
Full value wind(Reading the Wind Book, so i finally understand what that means) and 24 X's ...Sweet Shooting Tim!
I get nervous on those holds.
That's an Awesome card!
Scores posted anywhere?
Mike

• Love
Hello everyone,

Cloudy with rain in the area so I decided to shoot before it started. Had some of the old 2.0 version of the General Target and I was surprised how much the black cross hairs mask/hide my reticle compared to the new red cross hairs. It took me a bit more time to zero in on each target.

Range: Outdoor 10-Meters

ThomasT

View attachment 456820
That little bit of red helps a lot on the 3.0
Whole lot of red on this target...Looks great!
Have a really good fps on those pellets..seem stable in all conditions on your range

• Love
Full value wind(Reading the Wind Book, so i finally understand what that means) and 24 X's ...Sweet Shooting Tim!
I get nervous on those holds.
That's an Awesome card!
Scores posted anywhere?
Mike
Yes Mike, it was some seat puckering moments holding that far off but seeing a hole appear in or close to the bull sure made me relax some. Here are the scores from Tuesday’s match.

Yes Mike, it was some seat puckering moments holding that far off but seeing a hole appear in or close to the bull sure made me relax some. Here are the scores from Tuesday’s match.

Awesome ...Thanks!

• Love
Hello everyone,

I have created another New Target. This is the Two Bulls Target and is designed so that you aim at the Square Bull in order to hit the Round Bull. Obviously you need to adjust the scope accordingly, but the neat thing is you can shoot as many times as you wish and NOT tear up your aim point. This should be good for shooting “One-Hole” targets.

The first target I shot at 10-Meters and only one shot at Bulls 1 through 15, and then I shot a 3-round volley at Bulls 16 through 20. I scored it by 10 points for every Bull ( 200 points ) and a “X” for every Bull ( 20 X’s ) and additional 100 points for the 2-extra shots at 16 through 20.

My second target I shot at 25-Yards and only one shot per Bull.

I am attaching a pdf file of this target if you wish to download and make copies for yourself.

Range: Outdoor 10-Meters and 25 - Yards

ThomasT

View attachment 455177View attachment 455178

View attachment 455179
I can see this as a "shooting groups " target or pellet on pellet target as the poa is always visible . but i see no difference in single bull shots .

• Love
Thanks but much of the credit goes to the consistency of my Thomas HPX. It’s the first and only rifle that I’ve owned that does NOT throw a single flier and if there is a miss it’s all on me.
Take some credit..lol After all,, you are the one able to see the hold and risk taking the shot
but i did notice that the misses were almost the same spot..So precise, it even misses in the same spot ..lol
Just saw one in classified for a .177, but i just can't.

• Love
Nice groups @Ranchibi
What size are you using with the slugs?
Looks great so far...look forward to the updates!!
I didn't have enough tylenol for slugs 😜 , but haven't given up on them...wallet kinda has though:ROFLMAO:
Mike! Thank you kind sir! These are NSA 20.2 .2175's. Ammo is definitely a drain on the ole wallet....😂 I am going to order more of these SOON!

Take some credit..lol After all,, you are the one able to see the hold and risk taking the shot
but i did notice that the misses were almost the same spot..So precise, it even misses in the same spot ..lol
Just saw one in classified for a .177, but i just can't.
Thanks Mike. These cards were hung and shot horizontally and the vertical control of impact is where Mike’s rifles really shine. The vertical control is so precise yet my misses were often vertically because the idiot behind the trigger thought he had a handle on the (in your face) wind and it bites me EVERY time I try to shoot that condition.

When I practice in calm conditions the vertical impacts are always within the 10 ring. When I practice in the wind all I have to do is get my holds right for the wind speed and the results are pretty darn consistent. I just can’t get a handle on incoming and down range wind conditions. They are so unpredictable at our range. I go over to the sighters and shoot 3 or 4 then jump back to the record bull and wham-0 I get bit.

Hi Guys,
I had planned on going to the range all last week, but kust never got there. Today, i had the whole range to myself!
Took the Epoch to 100 yards and messed around with the FPS looking for a lower speed for stability
Took some shots and changed the high pressure setting for more velocity bit by bit
IMG_0164.jpeg

this can be really discouraging ... made me feel like i shouldn't have messed around with the settings
Then after many changes i think i have it.
IMG_0165.jpeg

Will see if i can do the same tomorrow
Mike