What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

Hello everyone,

I have created another New Target. This is the Two Bulls Target and is designed so that you aim at the Square Bull in order to hit the Round Bull. Obviously you need to adjust the scope accordingly, but the neat thing is you can shoot as many times as you wish and NOT tear up your aim point. This should be good for shooting “One-Hole” targets.

The first target I shot at 10-Meters and only one shot at Bulls 1 through 15, and then I shot a 3-round volley at Bulls 16 through 20. I scored it by 10 points for every Bull ( 200 points ) and a “X” for every Bull ( 20 X’s ) and additional 100 points for the 2-extra shots at 16 through 20.

My second target I shot at 25-Yards and only one shot per Bull.

I am attaching a pdf file of this target if you wish to download and make copies for yourself.

Range: Outdoor 10-Meters and 25 - Yards
Rifle: Brocock Sniper XR .22 caliber
Scope: Athlon Argos BTR Gen2 10-40x56
Pellets: JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr
FPS: 834
FPE: 28
Wind: 5 to 10 mph

ThomasT

View attachment 455177View attachment 455178

View attachment 455179
That 10 meter card is perection!

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Hello everyone,

Just had to shoot another 25-yard at the New target even though the wind has now picked up to 10-15. Tied my first card but I did use a 22 Plug on two of the Bulls. Both of my flags at 10-Meters and at 25-Yards were at least blowing in the same direction and at about the same speed.

Range: Outdoor 25 - Yards
Wind: 10 to 15 mph

ThomasT
Brocock Sniper XR.166.jpg

Hello everyone,

I have created another New Target. This is the Two Bulls Target and is designed so that you aim at the Square Bull in order to hit the Round Bull. Obviously you need to adjust the scope accordingly, but the neat thing is you can shoot as many times as you wish and NOT tear up your aim point. This should be good for shooting “One-Hole” targets.

The first target I shot at 10-Meters and only one shot at Bulls 1 through 15, and then I shot a 3-round volley at Bulls 16 through 20. I scored it by 10 points for every Bull ( 200 points ) and a “X” for every Bull ( 20 X’s ) and additional 100 points for the 2-extra shots at 16 through 20.

My second target I shot at 25-Yards and only one shot per Bull.

I am attaching a pdf file of this target if you wish to download and make copies for yourself.

ThomasT

View attachment 455177View attachment 455178

View attachment 455179
Thomas! Wonderful cards you "enhanced" and wonderful shooting! Gonna print some out now but need to put new ink cartridges in....😂...THANK YOU!

• Love
Hello everyone,

Shooting early just after daybreak to take advantage of the wind conditions, currently at only 5-10 mph. Wind will increase up to 10 to 25 mph a bit later on. Shot the new Two Bulls Target again and increased my score by one Bull, using a scoring plug on #4 just barely missed and I goofed on #8.

ThomasT

Brocock Sniper XR.167.jpg

Reactions: Ranchibi
Hello everyone,

Shooting early just after daybreak to take advantage of the wind conditions, currently at only 5-10 mph. Wind will increase up to 10 to 25 mph a bit later on. Shot the new Two Bulls Target again and increased my score by one Bull, using a scoring plug on #4 just barely missed and I goofed on #8.

ThomasT

View attachment 455411
Cool idea Thomas!
All inside the rings..looks great
#4 and 8 almost got away from you..nice wind adjusting
i need more outside practice ..wish there was a closer range...or i should just pack up the car and goto the desert for a session
Thanks for new target
Mike

• Love
Nice compact PCP!
Nice testing..which pellets did you decide on?
Mike

The FX 10.3s are what I went with . Also the Crossman brown box 10.3s are accurate in my shorty .

It does not like the .177 Hades. It takes a bunch of shots afterwards w other pellets to get the poi back . They won't be shot out of my Vet again .

I did some target shooting today with my .177 vet at 43 yards . Then 4 targets at 22 yards . I was mostly shooting the 10.4 baracudas and fx branded JBS 10.3g and a couple using CPHPs . Wind was a little better than yesterday but still had to wait for it to calm .

View attachment 455249View attachment 455245View attachment 455244View attachment 455246View attachment 455247
Hello @Headshots

I am guessing that you support the rifle both front and rear on bags. That is some mighty good shooting at that distance with that short rifle (y)

ThomasT

Reactions: Headshots
Hello everyone,

I have been using the Avenger for the last month or so just to shoot Squirrels so it only gets one or two shots each day. So I decided to readjust the scope and do a bit of benchrest and shoot some paper targets with it this morning. Not surprised that it shot a perfect 200 on the first card because it hasn’t missed a tree rat even out to 45 yards.

Range: Outdoor 10-Meters
Rifle: Air Venturi Avenger Gen I, Regulated, .22 caliber
Scope: Aztec Emerald 5.5-25x50 FFP
Pellets: Rifle Premium 18.67gr
FPS: ?
FPE: ?

ThomasT

Avenger 115.jpg

Reactions: Ranchibi
Hello everyone,

I have been using the Avenger for the last month or so just to shoot Squirrels so it only gets one or two shots each day. So I decided to readjust the scope and do a bit of benchrest and shoot some paper targets with it this morning. Not surprised that it shot a perfect 200 on the first card because it hasn’t missed a tree rat even out to 45 yards.

ThomasT

View attachment 455819
Excellent card Thomas!
Looks like you shot 17 & 19 with a .30 cal ...lol
Those tree rats better stay out of range!
Mike

Excellent card Thomas!
Looks like you shot 17 & 19 with a .30 cal ...lol
Those tree rats better stay out of range!
Mike
Hello @manabeknives

Those are huge holes for the .22 cal, but that is the result of the cardboard backing being blown away from previous shots. I try to offset a new paper target on the cardboard from previous holes but it doesn't always work. The Avenger has kept the Vultures well feed so far this Spring, we have eliminated around 2 dozen to date.

ThomasT

• Love
Reactions: manabeknives
Hello everyone,

Wanted to re-set the Avenger and Scope for shooting squirrels and I placed the target on the 10-Meter range. The first shot was aiming at the Center Bull and note where the POI was ( blue star ). I then zeroed the scope and shot 5 rounds into each of the five Bulls. The Avenger is now ready to do some tree rat pesting :D (y).

ThomasT
Avenger 116.jpg

Hello @Headshots

I am guessing that you support the rifle both front and rear on bags. That is some mighty good shooting at that distance with that short rifle (y)

ThomasT

Thanks ThomasT . I do use a rear bag as well .

Great shooting on your latest targets . Your 5 shot groups , look like 1 shot . Amazing.

• Love
Hello everyone,

ThomasT

View attachment 455411
Thomas, great card! I too rise early and enjoy plinking in benign weather!
Hello everyone,

ThomasT

View attachment 455819
Fantastic card Thomas with your oh so reliable Avenger!

• Love
Hello everyone,

Just a bit windy but I decided to shoot one of my hardest paper targets to score on. Using a .22 cal Scoring Plug ( if you shoot with a 22 caliber ), when you cannot see any portion of the Inner Ring you receive 10 points. Any shot within the Outer Ring scores 5 points.

ThomasT

Brocock Sniper XR.168.jpg

Hello everyone,

Just a bit windy but I decided to shoot one of my hardest paper targets to score on. Using a .22 cal Scoring Plug ( if you shoot with a 22 caliber ), when you cannot see any portion of the Inner Ring you receive 10 points. Any shot within the Outer Ring scores 5 points.

ThomasT

View attachment 456358
Absolutely spot on card there Thomas! Kudos to you!