What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

Hello everyone,

OK I have a new / well not new but modified Paper Target. My favorite target to shoot has always been “General Target” . A while back @rsfrid / Ross suggested to remove the solid black Bullseye and make it an “Open” ring and the name was changed to General Target 2.0 and I believe it was a good improvement.

I have noticed that shooting at 25-Yards and further and me using High Power setting on my scope that the very tiny center dot of the reticle would get lost / disappear on the black cross hairs. It was impossible for me to see that I was focused dead center on the Bull. So this morning I made an alteration to the 2.0 target and changed the cross hairs in only the center from black to Red and have renamed this to General Target 3.0.

I printed out some of the new targets and gave them a good test and now I can clearly see the tiny dot reticle mover over the Red cross hairs and aim for exact dead center. Way too much wind for me to shoot at 25-yards so I moved in to 10-Meters and here is the result. Note on #4 I marked that shot as “Wind”, because a big gust hit me just as I pulled the trigger.

I am adding a link to a pdf file of this new target for anyone to download and copy, let me know what you think.

Range: Outdoor 10-Meters
Rifle: Brocock Sniper XR .22 caliber
Scope: Athlon Argos BTR Gen2 10-40x56
Pellets: JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr
FPS: 834
FPE: 28
Wind: 10 to 20 mph

ThomasT

Brocock Sniper XR.157.jpg

View attachment General Target 3.0.pdf

Nice looking target!i like the additional red marks
i kinda like the sighters a lil more than the targets..without having the larger + in the background
Love the targets Thomas...Thanks for designing them
Mike
Hello @manabeknives

Thank you Mike.

ThomasT

• Love
Reactions: manabeknives
Hello everyone,

OK I have a new / well not new but modified Paper Target. My favorite target to shoot has always been “General Target” . A while back @rsfrid / Ross suggested to remove the solid black Bullseye and make it an “Open” ring and the name was changed to General Target 2.0 and I believe it was a good improvement.

I have noticed that shooting at 25-Yards and further and me using High Power setting on my scope that the very tiny center dot of the reticle would get lost / disappear on the black cross hairs. It was impossible for me to see that I was focused dead center on the Bull. So this morning I made an alteration to the 2.0 target and changed the cross hairs in only the center from black to Red and have renamed this to General Target 3.0.

I printed out some of the new targets and gave them a good test and now I can clearly see the tiny dot reticle mover over the Red cross hairs and aim for exact dead center. Way too much wind for me to shoot at 25-yards so I moved in to 10-Meters and here is the result. Note on #4 I marked that shot as “Wind”, because a big gust hit me just as I pulled the trigger.

I am adding a link to a pdf file of this new target for anyone to download and copy, let me know what you think.

ThomasT

View attachment 449223

View attachment 449228
Thomas, I REALLY like this card! Thank you for posting a link! 🤗

• Love
Reactions: rsfrid and ThomasT
Hello everyone,

ThomasT

View attachment 449223

View attachment 449228
Way to go Thomas! I didn't realize you could do red. I like this variation a lot. I'll try it later this week.

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
For today's shooting, I shot a couple five-bull cards with the Atomic XR. Nothing great there (way over MOA groups). Then I shot a couple of these targets for one hole groups with the Weihrauch HW44. Just barely missed the one hole designation on the second card by oh so little 😂

View attachment 449613
View attachment 449612
Do you ever drink Coffee?!?!? :ROFLMAO:
Looks Fantastic
Mike

I wanted to try out Thomas's new target with my P3, but it had a small leak that has since been fixed by itself? ..must be a bad oring somewhere.
RAW steps up to the plate..lol
I also tried out the lift for the rear bag that you all recommended instead of the cheap amazon one(which isn't that bad for less than 20$)
The tables is a mess from pellet sorting

IMG_0133.jpeg

10 m from target..all the space I can get in this place
IMG_0132.jpeg

Thanks for the target Thomas
Mike
need more printer ink…lol

I wanted to try out Thomas's new target with my P3, but it had a small leak that has since been fixed by itself? ..must be a bad oring somewhere.
I also tried out the lift for the rear bag that you all recommended instead of the cheap amazon one(which isn't that bad for less than 20$)

View attachment 449627
View attachment 449629
Mike
Mike, that's terrific! All Xs.

• Love
For today's shooting, I shot a couple five-bull cards with the Atomic XR. Nothing great there (way over MOA groups). Then I shot a couple of these targets for one hole groups with the Weihrauch HW44. Just barely missed the one hole designation on the second card by oh so little 😂

View attachment 449613
View attachment 449612
Hello @rsfrid

More mighty fine shooten there Sheriff (y)

ThomasT

• Love
Reactions: rsfrid

View attachment 449627
View attachment 449629
Mike
Hello @manabeknives

Well it looks like at least one of your rifles really likes the new target, all shots in the heart :love:

ThomasT

Reactions: rsfrid

View attachment 449627
View attachment 449629
Mike
nice shooting