What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

Sweet 25yard card!!
Can i loan you my P3..maybe you can teach it to do THAT!!..lol
Must be a beauty of a day for you ...really windy here to day ..several palm fronds just blew past my window
I'd probably have to aim a target and 1/2 hold-over to get near the target
Would Love to shoot that card in a competition!!
Mike
Hello @manabeknives

OK Mike no problem at all, just ship that ole P3 to me and I will have it shooting perfectly in maybe a year or two :unsure: :oops::love::ROFLMAO: and get it right back to you.

ThomasT

• Haha
Reactions: manabeknives
Rti Prophet (22) ,50 metres clubs
IMG_20240324_105838.jpg

Decided to shoot these targets today to see if my eye and hand coordinate. Well not bad till I got to last shot on card number three (marked 10 on card). I just got cocky and didn't concentrate on my hold and released shot too soon. It happens in matches as well. Note to self: do your shooting BEFORE having three cups of coffee! 😂

View attachment 448445
View attachment 448446
View attachment 448444
Hello @rsfrid

Well I don't see a bad shot anywhere ...... period (y)(y)(y)

ThomasT

• Love
Reactions: rsfrid
Hello everyone,

Cool overcast and absolutely no wind, so I moved the targets out to 25-Yards today. Shot couple nice paper targets and then got serious and shot this one and really took my time on each shot. Using max power with my scope the “tiny” center reticle dot gets lost on the black cross hairs of the target. So I took the time to do a slight “offset” in the upper right corner of the intersection of the cross hairs and then made a final adjustment before pulling the trigger. A little extra effort paid off with a 200 score.

Range: Outdoor 25-Yards
Rifle: Brocock Sniper XR .22 caliber
Scope: Athlon Argos BTR Gen2 10-40x56
Pellets: JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr
FPS: 834
FPE: 28
Wind: zero mph

ThomasT

View attachment 448433
Your extra work definitely paid dividends Thomas! PERFECT SCORE! 🤗

• Love
Reactions: rsfrid and ThomasT
Decided to shoot these targets today to see if my eye and hand coordinate. Well not bad till I got to last shot on card number three (marked 10 on card). I just got cocky and didn't concentrate on my hold and released shot too soon. It happens in matches as well. Note to self: do your shooting BEFORE having three cups of coffee! 😂

View attachment 448445
View attachment 448446
View attachment 448444
Ross, excellent cards! Yup...when I get too cocky my POI shifts like Krakatoa...😂

• Haha
Your extra work definitely paid dividends Thomas! PERFECT SCORE! 🤗
Hello @Ranchibi

You know there are so many small variables in shooting a good card. Example 1) you make a perfect aim and a perfect trigger pull and the wind is perfect and the pellet SUCKS .... so you miss the Bull. Ex 2) you loose your concentration just a little bit, pull the trigger a bit too soon and the wind blows harder .... and you score a perfect Bull with a pellet that SUCKS, :p:D:ROFLMAO:

ThomasT

Hello @Ranchibi

You know there are so many small variables in shooting a good card. Example 1) you make a perfect aim and a perfect trigger pull and the wind is perfect and the pellet SUCKS .... so you miss the Bull. Ex 2) you loose your concentration just a little bit, pull the trigger a bit too soon and the wind blows harder .... and you score a perfect Bull with a pellet that SUCKS, :p:D:ROFLMAO:

ThomasT
All too true Thomas! If I shot perfectly each time, it wouldn't be as fun I'm guessing.....😂👍

• Love
View attachment 448463This is 16 shots from 20yds alternating between pellets and slugs. The 4 misses are slugs and me not getting my proper eye placement, one high, one right and 2 low.....😢....need to be more precise with my pre-shot routine .....
Hello @Ranchibi

Man you are a gluten for punishment, why are you alternating ammo? That would drive me crazy crazier 🤪😜

Edit:
I forgot to say that is some good grouping (y)

ThomasT

View attachment 448463This is 16 shots from 20yds alternating between pellets and slugs. The 4 misses are slugs and me not getting my proper eye placement, one high, one right and 2 low.....😢....need to be more precise with my pre-shot routine .....
Have to agree with Thomas ..i go crazy with just pellets .. crazier with slugs ..but to alternate would send me to a short stay at a mental hospital!
Having said that ....Looks Really Good !!
I can't even tell that you mixed it up...great percission on both
Mike

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT and rsfrid
Hello @Ranchibi

Man you are a gluten for punishment, why are you alternating ammo? That would drive me crazy crazier 🤪😜

Edit:
I forgot to say that is some good grouping (y)

ThomasT
LOL Thomas...yup...it does drive me batty! I do this because when I pest for ground squirrels or starlings, my ammo is wind dependent....😳😂....and I do switch back and forth. Slugs are as accurate as pellets but my focus NEEDS to be spot on for the slugs to be as accurate...I need work, lots of it!

• Love