• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

Hello @Ranchibi

That looks like it was perfectly smoked and plenty juicy 😋

ThomasT
Thomas...thank you kind sir! I do brisket the Texas way, wrapping in butcher her paper (pink) @ 170 degrees then keep smoking till finished then wrap in aluminum foil and towels and let rest in a dry cooler. It makes smoking brisket much easier in my humble opinion.....

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT and rsfrid
Hello everyone,

Starting a new post “What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today”. With Spring right around the corner we will be setting up our outdoor ranges shooting Paper Targets and other items. But I would like this thread to be exclusive shooting Paper Targets ONLY. There are a lot of really good Competition and Challenge threads on the Forum where we can offer our shot targets for the day. Here we can post all the other Paper Targets that we shoot and then share here. You can share any and all information about the target, gun, pellet, range, distance, weather conditions, etc, etc. that you wish. I am hoping this will encourage more folks to get out and shoot at least one Paper Target everyday.

I will start by offering a 25-Yard Score MOA target that I shot this morning before the rain started, with a score of 249. Used my FX Crown MK II .177 caliber rifle, with FX 13.4gr 4.52mm pellets, at 25-yards, cloudy overcast and no wind.

ThomasT

View attachment 334740
Great shooting! My only 249 and 248 was in an indoor range at 25 yards with a RAW TM1000.

View attachment 447106
Didn't have time to shoot today as I was busy smoking a brisket for my aunt who flew in from HI and for a friends BDay, started it @ 8pm last night, finished @ 10am this morning.....yawn...tired now with a full belly....fixings were potato salad, green salad, bread, mac & cheese and white corn on the cob....
uhhh...that's not paper :ROFLMAO:
Looks Fantastic!!
ever hear of the "Pit Barrel" smoker? a simple 55 gallon oil drum that is a wonderful cooker
Now i am hungry!!
Post some targets next time ....hahahahahaa or more recipies since i'm hungry ..lol
Mike

uhhh...that's not paper :ROFLMAO:
Looks Fantastic!!
ever hear of the "Pit Barrel" smoker? a simple 55 gallon oil drum that is a wonderful cooker
Now i am hungry!!
Post some targets next time ....hahahahahaa or more recipies since i'm hungry ..lol
Mike
Too funny! Never heard of a Pit Barrel smoker! Sounds cool but I use an inexpensive electric smoker, seems to work well as I've had it for about 7 years.

Hi Guys,
Spent some time getting to know my P3
I got a better feel for the way to shoot it consistenly
I used the JSB 18.13g pellets, turned down the regulator and was sending these down the barrel at 895 fps
They were shooting much better than the MRDs.
I did not want to use the Shallows for this because of the limited supply.
shot indoors 10m
IMG_0129.jpeg

Hi Guys,
I used the JSB 18.13g pellets, turned down the regulator and was sending these down the barrel at 895 fps
shot indoors 10m
View attachment 447404
Hello @manabeknives

Those are two very well shot cards with the P3 .

ThomasT

Hello everyone,

Almost two days of non stop rain so it was lucky that I got a chance to shoot some paper targets this afternoon.

Range: Outdoor 10-Meters
Rifle: Brocock Sniper XR .22 caliber
Scope: Athlon Argos BTR Gen2 10-40x56
Pellets: JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr
FPS: 834
FPE: 28
Wind: 5 to 10 mph

ThomasT

Brocock Sniper XR.155.jpg

Hi Guys,
shot indoors 10m
View attachment 447404
Mike! Looks like your P3 is a laser! Wonderful cards!

Reactions: rsfrid
Hello everyone,

Almost two days of non stop rain so it was lucky that I got a chance to shoot some paper targets this afternoon.

ThomasT

View attachment 447874
Thomas, I am glad the rain relented so you could get out and SHOOT! Wonderful card sir! I cleaned my RAW's barrel last night and re-seasoned the barrel this morning with some shots.

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Hello everyone,

ThomasT

View attachment 447874
That really is a fine shooter you have Thomas!
No flyers. and great percission!
I think i will tune my RTI for the 18.1 since it is what i have the most of in my closet. Had a case i didn't even remember buyingo_O
I tried with the 25.39 shallows in the RTI, but i think that the 25.39 are much better in my Raw
Been having wild weather on the west coast, my just be testing indoors today, i will be testing out the hold sensitivity on the RTI
Need to get the performance to the level of your Atomic ...testing testing testing
Excellent card Thomas! Keeps me striving to do more!!
Mike

• Love
Reactions: rsfrid and ThomasT
That really is a fine shooter you have Thomas!
No flyers. and great percission!
I think i will tune my RTI for the 18.1 since it is what i have the most of in my closet. Had a case i didn't even remember buyingo_O
I tried with the 25.39 shallows in the RTI, but i think that the 25.39 are much better in my Raw
Been having wild weather on the west coast, my just be testing indoors today, i will be testing out the hold sensitivity on the RTI
Need to get the performance to the level of your Atomic ...testing testing testing
Excellent card Thomas! Keeps me striving to do more!!
Mike
Hello @manabeknives

Well I got to say that I am so pleased with this Brocock Sniper XR and how well it is shooting. It has done OK with several other pellets but I am now settled in on just the JSB 18.13 no matter how ugly some of them are right out of the Tin.

ThomasT

Reactions: rsfrid
Hello everyone,

Cool overcast and absolutely no wind, so I moved the targets out to 25-Yards today. Shot couple nice paper targets and then got serious and shot this one and really took my time on each shot. Using max power with my scope the “tiny” center reticle dot gets lost on the black cross hairs of the target. So I took the time to do a slight “offset” in the upper right corner of the intersection of the cross hairs and then made a final adjustment before pulling the trigger. A little extra effort paid off with a 200 score.

Range: Outdoor 25-Yards
Wind: zero mph

ThomasT

Brocock Sniper XR.156.jpg

Hello everyone,

Cool overcast and absolutely no wind, so I moved the targets out to 25-Yards today. Shot couple nice paper targets and then got serious and shot this one and really took my time on each shot. Using max power with my scope the “tiny” center reticle dot gets lost on the black cross hairs of the target. So I took the time to do a slight “offset” in the upper right corner of the intersection of the cross hairs and then made a final adjustment before pulling the trigger. A little extra effort paid off with a 200 score.

ThomasT

View attachment 448433
Wowsa, deputy. That's some fine shooting there.

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Decided to shoot these targets today to see if my eye and hand coordinate. Well not bad till I got to last shot on card number three (marked 10 on card). I just got cocky and didn't concentrate on my hold and released shot too soon. It happens in matches as well. Note to self: do your shooting BEFORE having three cups of coffee! 😂

IMG_3196.jpeg

IMG_3197.jpeg

IMG_3198.jpeg

Hello everyone,

ThomasT

View attachment 448433
Sweet 25yard card!!
Can i loan you my P3..maybe you can teach it to do THAT!!..lol
Must be a beauty of a day for you ...really windy here to day ..several palm fronds just blew past my window
I'd probably have to aim a target and 1/2 hold-over to get near the target
Would Love to shoot that card in a competition!!
Mike

• Love
  • Haha
Decided to shoot these targets today to see if my eye and hand coordinate. Well not bad till I got to last shot on card number three (marked 10 on card). I just got cocky and didn't concentrate on my hold and released shot too soon. It happens in matches as well. Note to self: do your shooting BEFORE having three cups of coffee! 😂

View attachment 448445
View attachment 448446
View attachment 448444
WoW
i could be aon a ketamine drip and still not be that steady!! ..lol
Fantastic!
Mike

• Love
Hi Guys,
shot indoors 10m
View attachment 447404
Two very nice cards indeed !