• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

Went to the range to try out the MRD shallows at 100yards with my Raw .22
These pellets outperform the last generation.
So far, they have not been mixed with the "DEEPS" and have a bit more shine to them(less oxidized?)
i shot a lucky 3 shot grouping that was not repeated for the rest of the testing which measured at .44View attachment 444583
View attachment 444584

The rest of the groups i shot were 5 shot groups(i only did 5 cuz i found out that these are sold out in most places i looked)
2 of the groups were sub-moa, with the majority a little over moa.View attachment 444585
Hope to do tests later this week adjusting for FPS.
Mike
p.s. Does daylight savings feel like stay at home jet lag to anyone else? Lol
Mike....YES! I do think these new RD's Shallow Skirts came out...because YOUR RAW's barrel needed them 🤗! Woo Hoo! Great shooting and can't wait till the 20gr hit the shelves! Congratulations 🎈!

Hello everyone,

Oh come on number 13 :mad:

With my new vegetable garden in place I have had to rearrange the location of the 10-Meter and the 25-Yard target frames. So today I decided to shoot the 25-Yard for the first time and missed getting all 20 X’s by just one and you see which one that got me, ole #13.

Range: Outdoor 25-Yards
Rifle: Brocock Sniper XR .22 caliber
Scope: Athlon Argos BTR Gen2 10-40x56
Pellets: JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr
FPS: 834
FPE: 28
Wind: 5 to 10 mph

ThomasT
View attachment 444692
Thomas...absolutely fantastic card! Nothing else to add....🤗

IMG_7235.jpeg
This is a 10 shot group @ 20yds alternating between pellets and slugs, the 2 high shots were on me and my sight picture not acquired correctly. The black dot below is made with a sharpie, my usual bullseye. Been changing my hold and sight picture routine and finally got something I am more comfortable with....I think....😂👍, now I can work on better consistency and hopefully tighter groups once I get more reps in.

View attachment 444877This is a 10 shot group @ 20yds alternating between pellets and slugs, the 2 high shots were on me and my sight picture not acquired correctly. The black dot below is made with a sharpie, my usual bullseye. Been changing my hold and sight picture routine and finally got something I am more comfortable with....I think....😂👍, now I can work on better consistency and hopefully tighter groups once I get more reps in.
Was that with your RAW?

View attachment 444877This is a 10 shot group @ 20yds alternating between pellets and slugs, the 2 high shots were on me and my sight picture not acquired correctly. The black dot below is made with a sharpie, my usual bullseye. Been changing my hold and sight picture routine and finally got something I am more comfortable with....I think....😂👍, now I can work on better consistency and hopefully tighter groups once I get more reps in.
Hello @Ranchibi

That is really good grouping considering using two different styles of pellets. Nothing better than a lot of practice :).

ThomasT

Thanks for posting this picture. You and your RAW make quite a team, I must say. Great grouping.

Hello everyone,

Crazy variable winds so I decided to shoot some 10-Meter paper targets this morning. Used the Rifle Premium pellets instead of the JSB and the Sniper XR is shooting them equally now. Sure nice to have two different pellets to use in the Brocock.

Range: Outdoor 10-Meters
Pellets: Rifle Premium 18.67gr
FPS:
FPE:
Wind: 10 to 20 mph

ThomasT
Brocock Sniper XR.149.jpg

Hello everyone,

Crazy variable winds so I decided to shoot some 10-Meter paper targets this morning. Used the Rifle Premium pellets instead of the JSB and the Sniper XR is shooting them equally now. Sure nice to have two different pellets to use in the Brocock.

FPS:
FPE:

ThomasT
View attachment 445279
Thomas, that...is as good as it gets in those conditions, excellent card!

• Love
Reactions: rsfrid and ThomasT
Hello everyone,

FPS:
FPE:

ThomasT
View attachment 445279
defiantly a nice card indeed

• Love
Reactions: rsfrid and ThomasT
Hello everyone,

FPS:
FPE:

ThomasT
View attachment 445279
How come you’re only using that tiny area in the center of the targets? I thought you would use more of the target for your shot holes. 🤣😂🙄

• Haha
Reactions: ThomasT
How come you’re only using that tiny area in the center of the targets? I thought you would use more of the target for your shot holes. 🤣😂🙄
Hello @rsfrid

OK here's the thing, I have seen some of your targets where you do very little damage to the paper and I just wanted to be like you ..... 🤩

ThomasT

• Love
Reactions: rsfrid
Hello everyone,

The wind had laid down a bit so I decided to shoot some 25-Yard paper targets this afternoon. I shot 10 times at the “sighters” to zero in the scope and kind of test the wind.

The Brocock Sniper XR seemd to be shooting a fresh new Tin of JSB pellets OK so I moved up to the top left target and shot, ...... , what the heck, missed the whole target. Shot a second pellet and no hole ?? Check the wind flags and fired off a third round and zippy-do-dah, NO HOLE ??? I moved down and shot all three targets on the bottom perfectly ???? I then moved up to the center line and shot a 9 on the right target, that can’t be right, so I shot again and Bingo a perfect hit. Then I shot the next two on that line with perfect hits. OK, moved back up to the top line and shot three 9's, what the heck is going on here.

I go outside to retrieve the target and I notice a bright shinny object on my new garden fence, ( photos 2 and 3 ) a broken wire on the fence. SO, my pellets were hitting the fence and ricochet off to ????? Well now wait just a minute, I shot a perfect card yesterday on this 25-yard frame ........ er, uh, dummy you moved the frame when you mowed, dang, :mad: o_O:confused::oops:

Pellets: JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr new Tin of 250

ThomasT

Brocock Sniper XR.150A.jpg
Fence-1a.jpg
Fence-2.jpg

Hello everyone,

The wind had laid down a bit so I decided to shoot some 25-Yard paper targets this afternoon. I shot 10 times at the “sighters” to zero in the scope and kind of test the wind.

The Brocock Sniper XR seemd to be shooting a fresh new Tin of JSB pellets OK so I moved up to the top left target and shot, ...... , what the heck, missed the whole target. Shot a second pellet and no hole ?? Check the wind flags and fired off a third round and zippy-do-dah, NO HOLE ??? I moved down and shot all three targets on the bottom perfectly ???? I then moved up to the center line and shot a 9 on the right target, that can’t be right, so I shot again and Bingo a perfect hit. Then I shot the next two on that line with perfect hits. OK, moved back up to the top line and shot three 9's, what the heck is going on here.

I go outside to retrieve the target and I notice a bright shinny object on my new garden fence, ( photos 2 and 3 ) a broken wire on the fence. SO, my pellets were hitting the fence and ricochet off to ????? Well now wait just a minute, I shot a perfect card yesterday on this 25-yard frame ........ er, uh, dummy you moved the frame when you mowed, dang, :mad: o_O:confused::oops:

Pellets: JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr new Tin of 250

ThomasT

View attachment 445638View attachment 445639View attachment 445640
Not bad shooting! It’s hard to hit that skinny little wire. But just a hint, I'd suggest removing that wire if you want to hit paper — but that's just my opinion.

• Wow
Reactions: ThomasT
Not bad shooting! It’s hard to hit that skinny little wire. But just a hint, I'd suggest removing that wire if you want to hit paper — but that's just my opinion.
Hello @rsfrid

And all this time I truly thought you were my friend :confused:.

Chances are I hit that little tiny wire at least 5 times (y)(y)(y) , how about that?

ThomasT

• Love
Reactions: rsfrid