• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

Hello @manabeknives

I apologize if you have already stated this but is your rifle accurate ( MOA ) at 50 yards. If it is try shooting one or more of my 50-Yard MOA paper targets and post it here on the forum. Try and use the exact “set up” and pellets that you have been using on the 100 yard. These results can be used to analyze your 100 yard results and make a comparison. In my opinion you need to be “dead on” MOA at 50-Yards to achieve any good results at 100-Yards. I hope this will help,

ThomasT

Very Appriciative of all the suggestions and pointers. Range is closed for a few days. I will try not to adjust anything til then and do some 50yd targets. I know this rifle performs at lesser range. I have done a 250 card at 25 and 240's at 50yds ( done with the 18.1g pellets)...and i do know that doesnt' mean it will react the same at distance...but i am hoping. I did forget to mention that the pellets were weighed and sized. avg speed was 910-920fps with the MRD 25.39g. Thanks all very much. I am certain i will eventually get there.
Mike

Air movement close to your gun is FAR more important than the airflow at the target.
i thought it was the opposite...very good to know. I will take more notice when they vent the range. People do not believe there is wind in an indoor range...there is. Wish my hearing was better so i can hear the vents going on and off, or something that gives me a "tell" on the conditions..but i am not aware of how to gauge this indoors.
Thank you for all the suggestions..have them all written down

• Love
Reactions: rsfrid and ThomasT
Very Appriciative of all the suggestions and pointers. Range is closed for a few days. I will try not to adjust anything til then and do some 50yd targets. I know this rifle performs at lesser range. I have done a 250 card at 25 and 240's at 50yds ( done with the 18.1g pellets)...and i do know that doesnt' mean it will react the same at distance...but i am hoping. I did forget to mention that the pellets were weighed and sized. avg speed was 910-920fps with the MRD 25.39g. Thanks all very much. I am certain i will eventually get there.
Mike
Wait till the the old new MRD's are available for the 100yd testing with thinner skirts....the MRD's you are shooting now the batches are not uniformly made so hence you get "fliers" not your rifle or your fault especially @ 100yds. Sizing these and weighing helps but at longer distances it really shows their inconsistencies.

Wait till the the old new MRD's are available for the 100yd testing with thinner skirts....the MRD's you are shooting now the batches are not uniformly made so hence you get "fliers" not your rifle or your fault especially @ 100yds. Sizing these and weighing helps but at longer distances it really shows their inconsistencies.
I agree...went through 2000 pellets..weighing and sizing...ugh
I hope the new designs for the MRD's are out soon..i prefer a fresh Die for pellets...hope the sizing is fixed. I spoke with Martin, he recommended the Shallow skirts for the new MRD's.
I am guessing soon after the shot show for a release date...still need to call around and find the deals
Thanks @Ranchibi appreciate the help and encouragement
Mike

I agree...went through 2000 pellets..weighing and sizing...ugh
I hope the new designs for the MRD's are out soon..i prefer a fresh Die for pellets...hope the sizing is fixed. I spoke with Martin, he recommended the Shallow skirts for the new MRD's.
I am guessing soon after the shot show for a release date...still need to call around and find the deals
Thanks @Ranchibi appreciate the help and encouragement
Mike
Mike, you're welcome! Martin knows that pellets with thinner skirts shoot the best, I think that's why the 18gr pellets shoot so consistently, they have such thin skirts. One of the main reasons I worked so hard to find a slug (s) that shoot accurately thru my RAW is the BC and the ability to be more accurate with wind and distance than pellets. Although I have taken ground squirrels out to over 100yds with 18gr pellets in very benign conditions. So, yeah, don't fret, it's the ammo! Just enjoy shooting your awesome RAW!

Hello everyone,

Late start this morning but with blue skies and light winds I finally got to shoot some paper targets. Only shot one “warm up” ( first photo ) target my sighter was a hit so I figured it was going to be a good day :). Then I set out a 10-Meter Rifle Target and placed all 5 shots in all 5 bullseyes with 3 of them “one-holers” :love:. I believe the first 2 were also one-holers but the tear in the paper makes them hard to score :unsure:.

Range: Outdoor 10-Meters
Rifle: Brocock Sniper XR .22 caliber
Scope: Athlon Argos BTR Gen2 10-40x56
Pellets: JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr Resized 5.53
FPS: 834
FPE: 28
Wind: 5 to 10 mph

ThomasT
Brocock Sniper XR.128.jpg
Brocock Sniper XR.129.jpg

Hello everyone,

One thing about bad weather is that it forces me to get all my shop projects completed. I finally completed the upgrade to my “Roll Around” target frame by replacing the wood frame with a steel frame and larger wheels and installed my @davelarson Spinner Set. Now I can roll this anywhere on my property out to 85 yards. I taped two 50-Yard MOA targets on the frame and rolled it out for the initial shooting test. I used the target on the left side to zero the scope and do any “off shots”. The right target I shot and very pleased to make a Perfect Score of 30 MOA’s. Using my new Precision Rifle Rest really comes into play at these longer distances.

Range: Outdoor 50-Yards
Wind: 0 to 5 mph

ThomasT

Roll Around Target.jpg
Brocock Sniper XR.130.jpg

Hello everyone,

Late start this morning but with blue skies and light winds I finally got to shoot some paper targets. Only shot one “warm up” ( first photo ) target my sighter was a hit so I figured it was going to be a good day :). Then I set out a 10-Meter Rifle Target and placed all 5 shots in all 5 bullseyes with 3 of them “one-holers” :love:. I believe the first 2 were also one-holers but the tear in the paper makes them hard to score :unsure:.

ThomasT
View attachment 430083View attachment 430084
Dang Thomas.....you are definitely one with the FORCE today! Great cards! 🤗

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT and rsfrid
Hello everyone,

ThomasT
View attachment 430083View attachment 430084
There you go! One hole magic! I see a bunch of one holers on the first card as well 😂🤣🫢🙄

Didn’t get a picture or save the paper target today. But I did get to do some testing with my new to me Seneca Doubleshot. Picked up some #9 TSS shot. It takes this shotgun to another level. You get about 90 #6 lead shot BBS for 177 gn in a capsule. and I get 250 of the #9 TSS BBs for 300 gn in the same capsule. I was Pattering on a turkey paper target taped to a heavy double sided cardboard box at 20 yards. The #6 had a good pattern Of about 12”. But not all BBs passed through both sides. But the #9 TTS shot totally destroyed both the target and the box.

Hello everyone,

One thing about bad weather is that it forces me to get all my shop projects completed. I finally completed the upgrade to my “Roll Around” target frame by replacing the wood frame with a steel frame and larger wheels and installed my @davelarson Spinner Set. Now I can roll this anywhere on my property out to 85 yards. I taped two 50-Yard MOA targets on the frame and rolled it out for the initial shooting test. I used the target on the left side to zero the scope and do any “off shots”. The right target I shot and very pleased to make a Perfect Score of 30 MOA’s. Using my new Precision Rifle Rest really comes into play at these longer distances.

Range: Outdoor 50-Yards
Wind: 0 to 5 mph

ThomasT

View attachment 430126View attachment 430128
Cards look great and so does the "roll around". Envious of you all with large yards!

Didn’t get a picture or save the paper target today. But I did get to do some testing with my new to me Seneca Doubleshot. Picked up some #9 TSS shot. It takes this shotgun to another level. You get about 90 #6 lead shot BBS for 177 gn in a capsule. and I get 250 of the #9 TSS BBs for 300 gn in the same capsule. I was Pattering on a turkey paper target taped to a heavy double sided cardboard box at 20 yards. The #6 had a good pattern Of about 12”. But not all BBs passed through both sides. But the #9 TTS shot totally destroyed both the target and the box.
Hello @Quad82

Please take some photos next time and share them here, I sure would like to see the results.

ThomasT

Reactions: rsfrid
Hello everyone,

OK so the score is Mother Nature "1" and ThomasT "0" :( . I know better than to shoot when the wind is making loud sounds .... but sometimes I can be a bit hard headed. Wind shows to be 10 to 20 mph but I believe that is in between the “real conditions” o_O. At least I did get to shoot some this morning .

Range: Outdoor 25-Yards
Wind: 10 to 20 mph

ThomasT
Brocock Sniper XR.131.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: rsfrid
Must be a Blustery day in your neighborhood. Sweet card for a windy day!
It's a warm sunny day in CA., but that's going to change in a few days.
i need to find an outdoor range to get more real condition experience on dealing with wind, but that range is over an hour away :cry:
Nice Shooting Thomas
Mike

• Love
Reactions: rsfrid and ThomasT
I gave @beerthief”s advice a try, but unfortunately, I was drawing figure 8 like a kid with a slot car racer. Way too fast and reckless. I tried making a plus sign across the target about the distance of the scope”s reticle. I do realize it helps me to distract myself. The good and the not so good.
Mike

View attachment 426248

View attachment 426249

View attachment 426250

View attachment 426251
it is all in the timing in a figure 8 (small 8 ) hard to do .

Reactions: manabeknives
my figure 8's looked like i used my left hand to draw them out..i'm a righty.
It was very hard...but i can see the benifits of using this techninique.
Mike
wish i could find the laser tracing of an olympic shooter , that path was all over then timing placed the shot smack on the X

Hello everyone,

OK so the score is Mother Nature "1" and ThomasT "0" :( . I know better than to shoot when the wind is making loud sounds .... but sometimes I can be a bit hard headed. Wind shows to be 10 to 20 mph but I believe that is in between the “real conditions” o_O. At least I did get to shoot some this morning .

Range: Outdoor 25-Yards
Wind: 10 to 20 mph

ThomasT
View attachment 430340
Thomas, I admire your dedication! That card is really good in those conditions! I am an avid golfer and when there are windy conditions I know for a fact that my scores will be higher, how much, depends on the wind and me and I still go out there like you! 🤗

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT