• The AGN App is ready! To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

Hello everyone,

Still had the Avenger on the rifle rest so I decided to use it to shoot some paper targets this morning. A bit too much wind for 25-yards so I moved in to my 10-Meter target stand and shot several different targets. I did not re-adjust the scope from the 25-yard setting simply re-sighted to 10-Meters and started shooting with my aim point low left.

Range: Outdoor 25-Yards
Rifle: Air Venturi Avenger Gen I, Regulated, .22 caliber
Scope: Aztec Emerald 5.5-25x50 FFP
Pellets: JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr
FPS: ?
FPE: ?
Wind: 15 to 25 mph

ThomasT

Avenger 118.jpg

IMG_7375.jpeg
I was shooting well this morning and shot this 15 shot group alternating between pellets and slugs then I went inside to do something, came back out clicked windage turret 3 left (windage adjustments for these slugs), loaded a slug and POI was way left..what the....looked at the windage turret and I had added 3 extra clicks left for these slugs...dummy! So I clicked 3 right and aimed at the left hole, not bad. This age thing is for the birds.....😂👍. Happy Memorial Day weekend y'all!

Hello everyone,

Still had the Avenger on the rifle rest so I decided to use it to shoot some paper targets this morning. A bit too much wind for 25-yards so I moved in to my 10-Meter target stand and shot several different targets. I did not re-adjust the scope from the 25-yard setting simply re-sighted to 10-Meters and started shooting with my aim point low left.

ThomasT

View attachment 467219
Thomas, PERFECT card..🤗

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
View attachment 467256I was shooting well this morning and shot this 15 shot group alternating between pellets and slugs then I went inside to do something, came back out clicked windage turret 3 left (windage adjustments for these slugs), loaded a slug and POI was way left..what the....looked at the windage turret and I had added 3 extra clicks left for these slugs...dummy! So I clicked 3 right and aimed at the left hole, not bad. This age thing is for the birds.....😂👍. Happy Memorial Day weekend y'all!
Hello @Ranchibi

Good group if you don't count the "oooops" :ROFLMAO:

I don't see how you are able to switch pellets to slugs in one target.

ThomasT

Hello everyone,

ThomasT

View attachment 467219
NICE!

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Hello @Ranchibi

Good group if you don't count the "oooops" :ROFLMAO:

I don't see how you are able to switch pellets to slugs in one target.

ThomasT
Thomas, your oops are better than most! I work on shooting either a pellet or a slug then the other.....it's just 3 clicks for windage for a slug on my RAW (I single load when I practice). When I pest for ground squirrels or starlings, sometimes the wind picks up so I then switch magazines that have slugs pre loaded so I need to remember how many turret clicks (but it's also in my phone notes). So that's the reason I alternate between both ammos quite often.

• Love
Reactions: rsfrid and ThomasT
View attachment 467256I was shooting well this morning and shot this 15 shot group alternating between pellets and slugs then I went inside to do something, came back out clicked windage turret 3 left (windage adjustments for these slugs), loaded a slug and POI was way left..what the....looked at the windage turret and I had added 3 extra clicks left for these slugs...dummy! So I clicked 3 right and aimed at the left hole, not bad. This age thing is for the birds.....😂👍. Happy Memorial Day weekend y'all!
That's a envious RAW you have there Randy

Well the storms were coming back in for a second round today. Mid card the lighting horn blast at the local golf course, so it was good I selected a rifle with a magazine to shoot this evening. I really like my new homemade bench. I used a hold under since it is zeroed for my pesting duty at 18 yards.

Range: Outdoor 25 yards.
Rifle: Avanti Valiant CZ200 Hunter
Scope: Athlon Talos 10x42
Pellets: Air Arms 10.3gr
FPS: 760
FPE: 13
Wind: SSE 5-15 MPH

That's a envious RAW you have there Randy
Thanks Mike! This RAW is definitely incredible....it is not pellet picky, shoots certain slugs with aplomb also. I purchased it from Ken Hick's of SPAW in 2019 I believe. I send it to Martin for servicing. There are aftermarket mods for more power and efficiency but it shoots so well as is so I leave it alone....😂...shot count is not an issue (get 70-80 detuned) and Joe B's shop is one mile from me for air. Shooting JSB 18gr and NSA 17.5-20.2gr almost daily is more affordable than heavy ammo, hence why I had it detuned some.

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT and rsfrid
Hello everyone,

Well my Avenger performed double duty this morning and did an excellent job on both. First I heard a squirrel barking in the front yard and I looked to see one up in the oak tree. So I turned the power down to the lowest setting on the scope. Cracked open the front door just enough to slip the rifle through and put the cross hairs on Mr. Fuzzynuts and dropped him. Turned the power back up on the scope, set out a new paper target and shot this card.

Range: Outdoor about 20 and then 25-Yards

ThomasT

Avenger 119.jpg

Hello everyone,

Well my Avenger performed double duty this morning and did an excellent job on both. First I heard a squirrel barking in the front yard and I looked to see one up in the oak tree. So I turned the power down to the lowest setting on the scope. Cracked open the front door just enough to slip the rifle through and put the cross hairs on Mr. Fuzzynuts and dropped him. Turned the power back up on the scope, set out a new paper target and shot this card.

ThomasT

View attachment 467527
Thomas, wonderful double duty with the Avenger! Great shot on said nutter and wonderful card!

Hello everyone,

ThomasT

View attachment 467527
can't shoot "heavy thunder storms 1.9 inches of rain expected" daytime , more at night

Shot this morning and was shooting well shooting 5 pellets then 5:slugs so using Thomas's card I shot a pellet @ the intersection then a slug. Been working diligently on my hold and sight picture using a bipod and one of Ross's lab lifts. Had to put 2 of those rubber lid removal grippers under the bipods sled feet as the bipod was moving/sliding (no wonder why they are called sled feet ☺️) when trying to acquire my target...😂👍....it worked...😂!
IMG_7377.jpeg

Shot this morning and was shooting well shooting 5 pellets then 5:slugs so using Thomas's card I shot a pellet @ the intersection then a slug. Been working diligently on my hold and sight picture using a bipod and one of Ross's lab lifts. Had to put 2 of those rubber lid removal grippers under the bipods sled feet as the bipod was moving/sliding (no wonder why they are called sled feet ☺️) when trying to acquire my target...😂👍....it worked...😂!View attachment 467532
nice

Reactions: Ranchibi
Shot this morning and was shooting well shooting 5 pellets then 5:slugs so using Thomas's card I shot a pellet @ the intersection then a slug. Been working diligently on my hold and sight picture using a bipod and one of Ross's lab lifts. Had to put 2 of those rubber lid removal grippers under the bipods sled feet as the bipod was moving/sliding (no wonder why they are called sled feet ☺️) when trying to acquire my target...😂👍....it worked...😂!View attachment 467532
Hello @Ranchibi

That is some fine shooting (y) :D

ThomasT

Reactions: Ranchibi
Well this thread has changed, started off as what did joe average shoot today. Oh my am I not even in the running.
Well I had a pretty good day for me and my new Ghost. 22 HP. FINIALY coming into what I expected. These were shot out of the tin unwashed no other lube.
1000003186.jpg

Five shot groups except for the fly 🪰 😅
Right to left after a refill.
1000003185.jpg

30 yards .
1000003189.jpg

My humble contribution.
I did cut the grass and smoke some ribs...😛

Well this thread has changed, started off as what did joe average shoot today. Oh my am I not even in the running.
Well I had a pretty good day for me and my new Ghost. 22 HP. FINIALY coming into what I expected. These were shot out of the tin unwashed no other lube.
View attachment 467649
View attachment 467652

30 yards . View attachment 467658

My humble contribution.
Hello @rc4fun

Looks like an extremely well shot card to me :p , well except for the big Fly mess :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

ThomasT

View attachment 467649
View attachment 467652

30 yards . View attachment 467658

My humble contribution.
Fantastic shooting/card with your Ghost HP .22 with the MRD's! And, that is what a humane kill looks like....😂👍

Reactions: rc4fun
Hello Everyone,

Shot this paper target in a reverse / anti-clock wise direction. Started at #20 and went up to 5, then across to #1, then down to #16 and on. This had me reposition the rifle a bit more and gave me a chance to consider each shot a little longer more.

Range: Outdoor 10-Meters
Rifle: Brocock Sniper XR .22 caliber
Scope: Athlon Argos BTR Gen2 10-40x56
FPS: 834
FPE: 28
Wind: 5 to 10 mph @ 3 O’clock

ThomasT
Brocock Sniper XR.184.jpg