• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What Paper Target Did You Shoot Today

Weather was just too nice (for Michigan 🫢) to sit indoors so I drove out to club range with my Maverick Sniper 25 cal. It's tuned for 34 grain pellets and I usually shoot 50 yards with it. Today, being first trip out of season and breezy, I checked zero at 50, shot a group then moved back to 25 yards. I am working on my confidence before trying anything fancy at 50.

IMG_3263.jpeg

This is my 5 shot group at 50 to check zero. The wind drift is apparent. Date is wrong on target — it was 10th, today.

IMG_3262.jpeg
I shot these 5 shot groups at 25 yards with same zero and same everything. Just adjusted one little smirch (yes, an airgun sighting term) down.

IMG_3264.jpeg

Lastly, I shot an IBS rimfire 50 yard target at 25 yards. Think I'm regaining confidence to move back out to 50 next time. A day with little to no wind would help for the first try.

Weather was just too nice (for Michigan 🫢) to sit indoors so I drove out to club range with my Maverick Sniper 25 cal. It's tuned for 34 grain pellets and I usually shoot 50 yards with it. Today, being first trip out of season and breezy, I checked zero at 50, shot a group then moved back to 25 yards. I am working on my confidence before trying anything fancy at 50.

View attachment 463403
This is my 5 shot group at 50 to check zero. The wind drift is apparent. Date is wrong on target — it was 10th, today.

View attachment 463404I shot these 5 shot groups at 25 yards with same zero and same everything. Just adjusted one little smirch (yes, an airgun sighting term) down.

View attachment 463406
Lastly, I shot an IBS rimfire 50 yard target at 25 yards. Think I'm regaining confidence to move back out to 50 next time. A day with little to no wind would help for the first try.
Hello @rsfrid

I have confidence that you shot the heck out of all of these targets :D (y)

ThomasT

Hello everyone,

A really nice day with cool Spring temps and low wind makes for some good times to shoot paper targets.

Range: Outdoor 25-Yards
Rifle: Brocock Sniper XR .22 caliber
Scope: Athlon Argos BTR Gen2 10-40x56
Pellets: JSB Jumbo Heavy 18.13gr
FPS: 834
FPE: 28
Wind: 5 to 10 mph

ThomasT

Brocock Sniper XR.180.jpg

Hello everyone,

A really nice day with cool Spring temps and low wind makes for some good times to shoot paper targets.

ThomasT

View attachment 463500
You keep besting me! Nice shooting there.

Hello everyone,

ThomasT

View attachment 463500
Thomas, a most wonderful card! Just returned from the High Sierras...long drive thru Los Angeles's most famous TRAFFIC....😂....mentally fried but well worth the effort 👍

Reactions: ThomasT
I tried the 13gr Monsters today with success! Straight from the tin.

#9 Was really close, I called it a 9
#11 I didn't close the bolt by accident and got the low shot. I counted that lower score
#22 Those were my first 2 shots at the first sighter. It was zeroed at 10m before I started shooting this card

I should be getting a 250 out of this one.

Range: Outdoor 25 yards.
Rifle: Air Arms S200
Scope: Sightron 24x
Pellets: JSB Monster 13.43 gr
FPS: 660
FPE: 13
Wind: SE 9 MPH

05-10-2024-7-10-02-PM.jpg

I tried the 13gr Monsters today with success! Straight from the tin.

#9 Was really close, I called it a 9
#11 I didn't close the bolt by accident and got the low shot. I counted that lower score
#22 Those were my first 2 shots at the first sighter. It was zeroed at 10m before I started shooting this card

I should be getting a 250 out of this one.

Rifle: Air Arms S200
Scope: Sightron 24x
Pellets: JSB Monster 13.43 gr
FPS: 660
FPE: 13

05-10-2024-7-10-02-PM.jpg
Hello @Florida_Man

That is some fine shooting for the .177 cal.

ThomasT

Reactions: Florida_Man
I was able to get the Revere in today with barely enough light. I didn't mess with adjusting the scope, I was holding to the top right of 0 of the 10 when I remembered after the first 4 shots haha

Rifle: Daystate Huntsman Revere Safari 177
Scope: Sightron SII 36x
Pellets: JSB Monster Redesign 13.43 gr
FPS: 781
FPE: 18

05-10-2024-8-02-57-PM.jpg

And the rifles and rests today.

Hello everyone,

Shot the 25-Yard MOA target yesterday using JSB pellets and scored a 30 X. Today I switched to JTS Dead Center 18.1gr and barely shot a 20 X 🤨 . Boy these pellets were all over the target. On a 10-Meter target the JTS shoots almost identical to the JSB :unsure:. I noticed that the big misses were all shot low today.

Pellets: JTS Dead Center 18.1gr
FPS:
FPE:

ThomasT
Brocock Sniper XR.181.jpg

Hi Guys,
Got out to the range for a 100yrd session with my Epoch .22 using the JSB Grands
I had to rebuild my regulator, so i lost my setting, forgot to write them down after my last session. With the help from Darryl@skout airguns and Mike @Centercut , i was able to put it all back together.
Very nice results, but not spectacular
on one of the targets, the first 2 shots went kinda weird, then they grouped up.
pellets were straight from the tins.
I'll try the Beasts again to see what the difference is between the 2.

adjusting for speed
IMG_0185.jpeg

IMG_0186.jpeg

Hello everyone,

Shot the 25-Yard MOA target yesterday using JSB pellets and scored a 30 X. Today I switched to JTS Dead Center 18.1gr and barely shot a 20 X 🤨 . Boy these pellets were all over the target. On a 10-Meter target the JTS shoots almost identical to the JSB :unsure:. I noticed that the big misses were all shot low today.

Pellets: JTS Dead Center 18.1gr
FPS:
FPE:

ThomasT
View attachment 463621
Hi @ThomasT
interseting results
most people are excited about the new AEA pellets, but your rifle just doesn't like them :unsure:
I still need to try them out in my RAW at distance
Don't these results just make you scratch your head and wonder?
Stick with the JSB's...your rifle loves them!!

• Love
Reactions: ThomasT
Hi Guys,
Got out to the range for a 100yrd session with my Epoch .22 using the JSB Grands
I had to rebuild my regulator, so i lost my setting, forgot to write them down after my last session. With the help from Darryl@skout airguns and Mike @Centercut , i was able to put it all back together.
on one of the targets, the first 2 shots went kinda weird, then they grouped up.

adjusting for speed
View attachment 463625

View attachment 463627
Hello @manabeknives

You have several really good groups on those cards.

ThomasT

• Love
Reactions: manabeknives
Hi @ThomasT
interseting results
most people are excited about the new AEA pellets, but your rifle just doesn't like them :unsure:
I still need to try them out in my RAW at distance
Don't these results just make you scratch your head and wonder?
Stick with the JSB's...your rifle loves them!!
Hello again @manabeknives

Yep the JSB and Brocock work very well together. I am just "shooting up" some extra pellets that I have.

ThomasT

Hello @manabeknives

You have several really good groups on those cards.

ThomasT
Thanks Thomas
I really like the targets you made!
I tried to use another from the 50yrd challenge, but the lines were a little too fine to see at 100 yards, even with a 55x scope
The red you put in the target is very easy to distinguish and makes the tageting easier at 100yards
Mike

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

adjusting for speed
View attachment 463625

View attachment 463627
Pretty darn good there Mike! 100yds is no walk in the park.....🤗

Shot the super light 2240 carbine with a hawke 4x vantage at 10m standing indoor. Crosman 14.3 gr dome. The three pellets in the white were from my S3000-C. It took 3 pellets before I realized its not zeroed at 10m, so I grabbed something I knew was haha. Just a little break from work.

Hello everyone,

No rain and no wind and I wasn’t sure that I would be able to shoot in theses conditions :p . I decided to set up on 25-Yards and take advantage of these special great conditions and shoot a stack of paper targets. Got lucky and shot several good targets but I nailed this one and that put a smile on my face :).

Range: Outdoor 10-Meters
Wind: zero mph

ThomasT

View attachment 462172
I study patterns - As I look at sooo many of our targets I can’t help but notice more drift to the left which is always a “thing” with right hand shooters as right hand flexion dominance pulls things ever so slightly to the left - especially if no right to left wind is present. Look at our cards and see if you notice it also.