• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

What other FX Impact upper picatinny rail options?

My initial idea was to incorporate the rail with the upper plate, and this what I had plans to outsource to a friends machine shop. But the milling profile cutter is expensive to make only one piece. So I changed my mind now.
Very simple... duplicate the existing Guide Plate (this how FX is calling it), but need to make it thicker (because of a pocket underneath and not enough wall thickness to hold the thread).
Clamp as long as you wish picatinny rail on top.
This what I want to build, so I can have a loose play in that Pic rail that I can adjust to my needs.
Just to picture the reason - I have many scopes for different games and I have many liners for different pellets/slugs.
I am swapping both the scopes - and the liners .... if I would have a fixed rail I may not be able to index the liners or the POI would change.
There was a reason that FX made the upper rail adjustable, but unfortunately with that the scope is fixed distance from buttstock.

Last edited:
My initial idea was to incorporate the rail with the upper plate, and this what I had plans to outsource to a friends machine shop. But the milling profile cutter is expensive to make only one piece. So I changed my mind now.
Very simple... duplicate the existing Guide Plate (this how FX is calling it), but need to make it thicker (because of a pocket underneath and not enough wall thickness to hold the thread).
Clamp as long as you wish picatinny rail on top.
This what I want to build, so I can have a loose play in that Pic rail that I can adjust to my needs.
Just to picture the reason - I have many scopes for different games and I have many liners for different pellets/slugs.
I am swapping both the scopes - and the liners .... if I would have a fixed rail I may not be able to index the liners or the POI would change.
There was a reason that FX made the upper rail adjustable, but unfortunately with that the scope is fixed distance from buttstock.
I appreciate the quick response!

Dennis

I finished my design for the upper guide plate, sent out the file for quote for one piece only, to be made from aluminum 6x series and uncoated. The pic rail top face will be lower from OEM about 10-12mm, rail integrated=not adjustable, that means fully relying on OEM parts alignment.
It will pretty much look like this.

backbone rail 01.JPG

FX Impact w backbone rail.JPG

Anybody interested pls contact me in pm, so I can tell to the machine shop approximately what number of pieces to expect making and that can effect the piece price.

Reactions: Ctkny
Allen....First the picatinny profile cutters are not cheap, but a friend machine shop called me they would get one.
The separate picatinny rail need to be bolted to the guide plate but not enough wall thickness to hold the thread = so the guide plate shall be thicker. Also the pic rail what I got from amazon have 3 mounting screws and that takes out a big deal from adjustability.
I will make one of each for now and will see which one is more user friendly for tuning the scope.