• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A What " One gun " to buy

Well, if you sacrifice power, multi shot, "big bore", light weight, for a traditional rifle (and I mean traditional from late 1900 ;)), and love accuracy (and prefer piston not spring), I would recommend a Walther LGR match. This is old school, and a PLEASURE to shoot. But .177
Those are 10 m match rifles, but with a scope they preform well out to 40 meter, which is as far as I have tested mine.
And the looks - I cannot think of any better, especially the Running Target, or Running Bore version.
Just my 2 cents....

Reactions: Bandito
The bottom problem is for people like us that like guns we always want an excuse to buy a new one :LOL: :LOL:

Reality is that I've been lusting on a classic high end springer for years but never could justify the price, I think that situation remains true today and at the end of the day I most likely will not be able to pull that trigger unless maybe I find one in the classified in the 200 bucks range,.....and that isn't realistic really.

Will keep dreaming about these beautiful guns ( the Diana 54 is an other one I would love ) but I'll stick with my current 2 springers which I actually really like.

”ONE” springer? Oh please do be serious. Uj
For 20 years I've been wanting to buy that one heirloom springer,.....just never could bring myself to spend that kind of money on it,
And after all this time I think I'm still not capable of it even if I would really like to have one.

Such a different world then PCPs where dropping 1750 bucks on a pistol didn't even take any time to reflect on :LOL:

If I were you, looking for that high end high quality feel with the traditional style of a sporter, and a bucket list gun, I would look at a Daystate Huntsman Revere. You are already set-up for a PCP, why not? There is no added cost to get into the game, and AOA has them on sale for $1100.
I just sold all my PCPs for a reason, sold one of the best PCPs on the market for 1300 bucks why would I possibly want to get a Revere ?

Also sold beautiful classic looking PCPs that I loved for 500 bucks, again why would I possibly want to get a Revere ?

And yeah I hate the twang Springers have that is why Nitro piston or gas ram for me.

The only drawback to the HW90 is the cocking effort. I want an all day shooter, not a fifty shots and my shoulder is sore shooter. Really hard to beat a 15 fpe or less springer. There is a reason they have been around for so long.
thats why you can adjust the ram in HW90 , bring it down to ,say, 11 FPE or even 10 FPE and you have a sweet shooter .

I just sold all my PCPs for a reason, sold one of the best PCPs on the market for 1300 bucks why would I possibly want to get a Revere ?

Also sold beautiful classic looking PCPs that I loved for 500 bucks, again why would I possibly want to get a Revere ?

And yeah I hate the twang Springers have that is why Nitro piston or gas ram for me.

Because in the forums for maybe 20 years now? Or some such period of time, you have been a figure in airgun hunting and a proponent of PCP rifles, and have always had a narrow view of piston rifles. Maybe consider that before you take that tone my friend. Good luck in your search for the perfect rifle.

Why are you unloading the PCP’s anyway?

Springer twang can be eliminated. If you can tear into a PCP which is way more complicated, to repair what needs to be and tune to how you want one, you can easily learn to do the same thing with a springer which has way less parts to potentially fail.
HW90 or the Beeman versions? They're simplified versions of a PCP. Take it apart, replace o-rings, reassemble, play with that Schrader valve on the back, which might as well be a regulator since you're adjusting it to get just that right pressure you want every shot, then go shoot.

Springer twang can be eliminated. If you can tear into a PCP which is way more complicated, to repair what needs to be and tune to how you want one, you can easily learn to do the same thing with a springer which has way less parts to potentially fail.
HW90 or the Beeman versions? They're simplified versions of a PCP. Take it apart, replace o-rings, reassemble, play with that Schrader valve on the back, which might as well be a regulator since you're adjusting it to get just that right pressure you want every shot, then go shoot.
YES like i said b4 , you can tune (a tunable gas ram HW90 ) to fit your needs , less FPE for the day after massive honey-do's , heaver tune for hunting . I am now thinking maybe i should get one ?

AS far as i read , nobody ask what do you expect the gun to do .? and what about tuning to your liking ?
Good question, I guess I just always wanted one I love the looks of these quality wood and metal springer.

And no, no tuners here on the Islands but I don't really expect much from springers as I said I really like my Titan, I used to have a Trail NP XL in .22 and like that quite a bit too,
I used to have two Diana 34s one in .22 and one in .17 and really didn't like them twangy and not as accurate as my others, the Gamo Hunter sport is tuned to 10.5 FPE and it's actually a real sweet shooter but I much prefer the quick positive recoil of Ram guns

When I got my first gun I bought a HW90 .25. Absolutely hated that gun with a passion. Collected dust for 2 years. Read a post here by Jayjay, was blown away and bought the .20, an influence as well a member Froggy, on my post repeatedly raving about his HW90 .22.
When I turned them down to 18 bar I was blown away. This .25 became a favorite, talk about a 180. I recently bought the .177 and .22 but haven’t had time to play with them. Would like to start them all at 22 bar, crony record them down to 12 bar. Dial a gun power, basically.
The sounds these rifles make are the best IMO. As well I think they are Weihrauch’s masterpiece. Good luck. Crow

How is that pro sport refurbished gun doing for you? Just curious what cal? Did you buy through PA?🎯
The gun is almost perfect. Just a little ding on muzzle end of shroud. The trigger is sublime. Of course PA
This is my first AA underlever and I don't see how people can compare a 97 to one. I've had a 97 but it's AA for me from now on. I bought a new txhc as well . To be honest I like it better than the PS. All of them .177

Last edited:
When I got my first gun I bought a HW90 .25. Absolutely hated that gun with a passion. Collected dust for 2 years. Read a post here by Jayjay, was blown away and bought the .20, an influence as well a member Froggy, on my post repeatedly raving about his HW90 .22.
When I turned them down to 18 bar I was blown away. This .25 became a favorite, talk about a 180. I recently bought the .177 and .22 but haven’t had time to play with them. Would like to start them all at 22 bar, crony record them down to 12 bar. Dial a gun power, basically.
The sounds these rifles make are the best IMO. As well I think they are Weihrauch’s masterpiece. Good luck. Crow
Yeah the HW90 has always been a gun I lusted over, maybe one day maybe ;)

How do these HW90s do with elevation changes? Or any gas ram for that matter?

My house is at ~3500' elevation & our cabin is around 1200' higher. I haven't shot my HW30 over a chronograph in years but it was shooting slower than what many report.

Ideally would like a .22 that would shoot around 12 FPE at 4700' above sea level.

Ideally no zero change when traveling from house to cabin.

The gun is almost perfect. Just a little ding on muzzle end of shroud. The trigger is sublime. Of course PA
This is my first AA underlever and I don't see how people can compare a 97 to one. I've had a 97 but it's AA for me from now on. I bought a new txhc in as well . To be honest I like it better than the PS. All of them .177
Nice! Good to know. I have three 97s (.177, .20,.22) and a tx 200 in .177 the collector in me needs a PS at the very least Haha. Really just love the springers.