• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A What " One gun " to buy

Yeah the HW90 has always been a gun I lusted over, maybe one day maybe ;)
I recently bought a 90 and am very pleased with it. Wish I would have done so earlier. With the adjustability of the power plant being so easy it feels like it can be many different rifles for me. Hw barrels fit the modern version.

I still find it extremely hard to wrap my head around spending over 300 bucks on a springer.

That is what I used to say. Now I own several high end springers and I shoot them more than my PCP's or PB's. The only thing you need is a springer, some good pellets and a few evil soup cans hung up with para cord for a damn fine shootin' session.

I recommend an HW30 to start with. I was shooting nickel sized spinners this morning with the HW30 until the wind picked up. Switched over to a new soup can and watched the mighty HW30 zip right through both sides of a brand new can at 55 yards.

Every bit as accurate as a PCP without the support equipment. Easy all day shooter. Excellent trigger. Has that wonderful German *snick* sound when cocked.

Pair it with a BKL 260 mount and a Hawke 2-7x32 and Bob's your uncle. Give it to your kids when you go to the Big Hunt.

You only live once, never coming back again. Enjoy it while you can.

That is what I used to say. Now I own several high end springers and I shoot them more than my PCP's or PB's. The only thing you need is a springer, some good pellets and a few evil soup cans hung up with para cord for a damn fine shootin' session.

I recommend an HW30 to start with. I was shooting nickel sized spinners this morning with the HW30 until the wind picked up. Switched over to a new soup can and watched the mighty HW30 zip right through both sides of a brand new can at 55 yards.

Every bit as accurate as a PCP without the support equipment. Easy all day shooter. Excellent trigger. Has that wonderful German *snick* sound when cocked.

Pair it with a BKL 260 mount and a Hawke 2-7x32 and Bob's your uncle. Give it to your kids when you go to the Big Hunt.

You only live once, never coming back again. Enjoy it while you can.
But that is the thing, I hardly shoot so I don't need all day shooters ( once zeroed I rarely shoot just for shooting ) for me a heavy cocking gun isn't a problem at all,
Basically I want a HW90 because of the beauty and quality but that to me does not equal to the 800 bucks needed to buy one

as for the HW30 my Gamo Hunter sport will do the same as the HW for my needs, used to snipe Collared doves at 50 yards regurarely without a problem and I think the Gamo looks better then the 30, was tuned by Splash of the very old defunct Airgune One forum @ 10.5 FPE and it's a sweeeet shooter I had a Vortek kit for it for almost 20 years but have yet had the need to put it in.

The HW97 is a must have, but as humid as it is in your part of the world, I'm not sure I would want to keep up with that nice polished blueing. Maybe an ugly Diana with that parkerised looking finish would be a good idea.
Funny story, I had a Diana 34 Panther and could not keep the rust off it, it was the worst of all rifles I had to maintain.

I recently bought a 90 and am very pleased with it. Wish I would have done so earlier. With the adjustability of the power plant being so easy it feels like it can be many different rifles for me. Hw barrels fit the modern version.
Yeah I definitely think if I ever go for that quality springer the 90 will be the one,.....Maybe I should put a WTB in the classified for 200 bucks in case someone feels sorry for me :ROFLMAO:

Yeah I definitely think if I ever go for that quality springer the 90 will be the one,.....Maybe I should put a WTB in the classified for 200 bucks in case someone feels sorry for me :ROFLMAO:
I would recommend a 90 for you because if you bought a springer for good money you would be pissed with the shot cycle

Reactions: fishing43
This sounds like what if you could only have one gun. I shoot 2 Diana 75s, a TX200 all in .177, and a Diana54 in .22. I have won 4 matches in a row with the TX. It was my first springer. Great trigget, superbly accurate. But the Diana 54 was a challenge in 2 ways. First it was a 2 inch gun at best at 20 meters. Now it shoots 5 shots in a .30 hole but it had its own learning curve as to how to shoot it. It shoots under 2 in. at 100 yds. I smile every time I shoot it. 75s are great but too easy. I guess it would be the TX200 only because of the Reckord trigger, very superior to th T06 on the 54.

I have been shooting adult Airguns since the early 1980s. I buy and sell a lot as I like to try everything. The constant in my limited collection is I always seem to have a HW80/R1 in the safe. I have 2 right now. It’s not just the fact that I am a sucker for a big springy slap in the cheek. They are extremely reliable and accurate with enough power to do most anything I would need an Airgun to do. As Weihrauch likes to say a true workhorse.

IMG_4887.jpeg

I have been shooting adult Airguns since the early 1980s. I buy and sell a lot as I like to try everything. The constant in my limited collection is I always seem to have a HW80/R1 in the safe. I have 2 right now. It’s not just the fact that I am a sucker for a big springy slap in the cheek. They are extremely reliable and accurate with enough power to do most anything I would need an Airgun to do. As Weihrauch likes to say a true workhorse.

View attachment 468842
Love the stainless steel and wood combo, to get a HW90 in that combination would be a threat.