What o-rings to stock pile on w/ FX Impact

I have had my Impact for three years and have over 12,000 rounds through it. The only o-ring I have had to replace is one I damaged when I was making modifications and tore the thing all apart for the sixth or eight time. Still I bought a complete set of o-rings from FX for some peace of mind and just in case I needed them. The last time I tore it apart I went ahead and replaced the regulator o-rings just cuz I could. The regulator o-rings are easily damaged/destroyed by adjusting the screw too far in either direction so probly worth having a couple of extras. The full sets are fairly inexpensive so it is not a problem for most of us.

I also bought a second set from one of the members here as well. So, now I have enough for a lifetime and then some.

There are (2) 2x1 NBR 90 o-rings, on the adjustment screw, and a pain to get on they are. I made this out of a plastic rod, wood or metal would be fine too. Just put whatever you are going to use in a drill chuck and hold a file to it while it spins to turn it to the correct diameter and then sharpen the end. it werqed well to install the o-rings on the adjusting screw. Although a thinner cone shape would have werqed better. Without it the second o-ring was pretty much impossible for me to get on.

Run the o-ring up the cone and onto the shaft. Offer it up to the adjustment screw and slide it on. 

Edit;

The o-rings on the adjustment screw are the same size for all Impacts Gen1 through the M3.

Reactions: Hatmike