• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What NightVision device do you use for scanning your shooting area?

I just spent last night hunting raccoons and got 6. I use a Sightmark Photon XT 4.6x42 NV scope. It’s nothing high dollar fancy, but gets the job done. 

I’d like to know what you guys use to scan your shooting lane with; as it’s cumbersome to do so with my gun/scope combo. I’m thinking about a NV or thermal tool. I used a WickedHuntingLights red light last night, in addition to panning with my gun and nightscope, but I think the varmints get wise to it after I took a couple down; because they stay outside it’s beam.

Terry

If budget is a major factor get an AGM Asp micro TM160. It's under $500 and works great for spotting close-in. If you can manage it, the AGM Asp micro TM384 will really impress you for the money ($1325). Either way, once you try thermal, you'll never go back. It's amazing how many more animals you will see with thermal. But for actual shooting I still use digital NV because there can be difficulty identifying what species you see with thermal. Check out some YouTube videos.

I use a Pard008lrf and then have a 5 inch battery powered monitor attached to the gun. Scanning and shooting all in one without having to stare through the eyepiece for hours. Or having to buy a spotting setup separately.

Works amazing.

1595528674_12215379805f19d5e2941c65.84714361.jpg

One other option is the pard nv007 (about $500)

small, light, powerful Ir light and detailed hd screen with digital zoom

The Leupold tracker could be used as well for a quick (pixelated) look and again is affordable ($500-1000) and small/light 

both can be kept in your pocket and are a good bang for the buck

Scope eye can be an issue with the pard but has a brightness setting and the leupold is held away from your face like a 6”-10”eye relief so no scope eye but will light your face up some