What new gear are you getting with your tax return refund?

didn't there used to be a earned income tax credit?
not sure if they care now if it is earned or not
unfortunately it does not apply.
I am the victim of Obama era tax reforms.
I am retired. Because my wife still works, 85% of my tax free income is taxed at over 22%.
So be aware folks, that if one of you retire first and the remaining spouse works, plan for the income tax to effect your income too.
I would advise you to make arrangements for taxes to be withheld from your disbursements. 🪦 and taxes.

doc

I am retired. Because my wife still works, 85% of my tax free income is taxed at over 22%.
So be aware folks, that if one of you retire first and the remaining spouse works, plan for the income tax to effect your income too.
I would advise you to make arrangements for taxes to be withheld from your disbursements. 🪦 and taxes.

doc
Can you file separately? I think my wife and I would just divorce for economic purposes when we get there. I’ll retire in 9 years, she’ll be working at least 15 years past me.

Reactions: Dr. Kralenstein

doc
or plan a divorce before the year the first one retires....

doc
It's much cheaper and easier to not get married nowadays. I'm in my 40s, and the women in my dating bracket aren't worth a ring anyhow.

Since I'm paying in about $5000 AFTER deductions, I won't get anything back, but I definitely make more as a 1099 contractor than I did as a W2 employee. Also, when a customer pisses me off, I can walk off a job and on to the next. Funny how they change their tune vs a boss at a 9-5.

doc
well I'm glad I don't have to pay taxes anymore.. being permanently disabled, it's not hardly enough to live on.. more senior citizens are going to the food bank just to make it..
miss those days when I went to work and I was fun and play, excavation, farming, trucking and welding and got the bonus of getting paid for it..
guess we all have a lot to be thankful for..
mark

It's much cheaper and easier to not get married nowadays. I'm in my 40s, and the women in my dating bracket aren't worth a ring anyhow.
totally agree with you on that.. I'm farther over the hill than you.. not sure much of anyone born after my 79 year old Mom is with it..
but on the other side.. since I was disabled and now fighting cancer, I might be good at doing most things.. but I'm very slow now.. so I'm not worth it now.. but like Toby Keith said.. I'm not as good as I once was but good once as I ever was.. he was a good man.. rest in peace..
yes I can get it fixed and done, still do.. but what used to take a few hours takes a couple weeks now.. stay well and healthy and young.
Mark

Since I'm paying in about $5000 AFTER deductions, I won't get anything back, but I definitely make more as a 1099 contractor than I did as a W2 employee. Also, when a customer pisses me off, I can walk off a job and on to the next. Funny how they change their tune vs a boss at a 9-5.
Dr
I totally get that.. I was self employed most of my life.. pick the jobs you want.. I did a lot of excavation and I specialized in the jobs that were too hard, too steep and others didn't want to do, small town and so I recommend other contractors for jobs I didn't want and then me.. worked out really well..
I do have a little advice.. be thankful that you have to pay but try to get all the legal deductions you can.. and be thankful for the pay.. I used to grumble coming home from work, especially if it was half a day with $500 .. I normally did $1000 day..figured I should have just rearranged my schedule and worked two short jobs the same day.. but it was not possible.. now I get a huge disability check $740 per month and $600 goes right off the top to rent.. I think everyone is struggling.. but I guess my main point is that we have to be thankful for what we have, it could always be worse.
Mark

Well, I was going to get a Zulus HD 5-20X NV scope with rangefinder but it will have to wait a bit longer because I always wanted a Sumatra 2500 Carbine in .25 and never got one because I didn't like the price of them. Pyramid air now has the Seneca Eagle Claws on sale for $145 off so I decided this was my time to get one. I think they did it on purpose. Oh well.:rolleyes: