What makes some PCPs so expensive?

A 1500-2000$ pcp's regulator will likely (historically/statistically) creep just as much as a 500$ pcp's regulator.

In some sense you get what you pay for but its far from linear in value imo.

One manufacturer may have a 150% markup where another has 300% markup on parts/labor...really no rhyme or reason, its capitalism, which is largely differentiated by perceived values more-so than actual value, such as the raw materials being used and the labor paid to all those involved in manufacturing.

Another large part is scaling, a larger scaled up production run greatly reduces costs, if you keep your product limited you can raise the price and lower your work load, win win for many...just my 2c.

Reactions: JungleShooter
Materials and labor.

I own an Air Venturi, a Brocock and a Leshiy. The AVA is very accurate, with a rattly plastic stock, fidgety cheap plastic mags that hang up and fitment that is marginal but it gets the job done.

The Brocock mags are $100 but machined metal and perfectly reliable and all the material machining and fitting are very high quality. The consistency and solidity of the mounting rails etc are very solid.

The Leshiy 2 is similar but also more complex mechanism that takes more tooling to create.

The higher priced guns are a different category but they all take chipmunks the same.

It’s just what you want really but the Air Venturi, given it’s fully tunable is a pretty amazing value. I still shoot it frequently. I just like the variety to play with.