What is your story

What is your story

About 5 years ago I decided that I wanted to be a kid again, but now I have more money and I am not going to buy that Daisy BB gun, I started looking and came across Benjamin 392 with scope $275 to my door 

My wife said how much did you pay I was thinking $35 maybe 

Before you know, I was looking on You Tube, came across this Steve guy in Florida was doing a video on the Bulldog 357 he said ( Do you thing you have the full story on Benjamin Bulldog well think again) and I did, my first PCP. I had to have a Marauder 177 22 & 25 but my Collection was not complete until I got the Marauder pistol I have recently sold all them 

91D0FA47-1E68-4B4E-A3E8-B05893813782.1618143549.jpeg
A8E32F53-454E-4E0A-B152-C038BDFF96C5.1618144456.jpeg

Chapter 2 started, that is another story but not the end 😀

i just like nice tools .. when i discovered how effective pcp guns are at getting rid of disrespectful critters i wanted several 'specialty' guns .. of course finding just the right one takes a bit of hands on .. and now ive got into building a nice home filling operation .. i like to be independent .. and i like to get the most bang for the few bucks i do have to spread around, something 2 ex wives teaches ya lol .. i dont need to impress anyone with the biggest and baddest, just need something that works good ..

Wait until you have a collection of several $2k rifles.... then she’ll really bark!

Reason #34,871,246 why I love my wife

• Not only did we meet on a shooting range
  • She thinks it is perfectly normal that a airgun cost $2k

As long as the bills are paid, that you are saving for retirement and not cluthering the house.... there are worst ways to spend $

Lots of stepping stones to get here. The abbreviated version: BB Guns > Pellet Rifles > Growing up hunting, fishing & loving every day. > Texas coon hunting 5 nights a week > Police Academy > Patrol > Armorer > K-9 Unit > Tactical > Sniper school > Psychology Degree > Forensic Hypnosis > Profiling > Using high end PCPs for exposure therapy with PTSD patients > Gun safe is full.

You mean you can get guns for < $2K? :p

Absolutely no history of anyone in my immediate family shooting or hunting, but some family members further out did hunt.

So i have no idea why i at the age of 9 or 10 started shooting ( 15 M .22 rim fire first and then 50 M outdoor in the summer and later on 200 M with a 7.92 mm rifle ) i have no idea, i can only assume it is cuz i really wanted to and i was a spoiled brat. I did not have any friends shooting, most other kids my age was into the silly game of kicking a ball around.

I cant recall my father ( a at the time prominent commie and union man ) was involved in any way, so my mother was the parent in tow for this shooting kid.

MOD EDIT: REMOVED ILLEGAL ACTIVITY

And so some decades passed by until i got my .22 FX cyclone in 2012, which have since then become illegal as only .177 are legal if you are not a club member or have a hunting license. And so now i an lined up to get a .177 Maverick MOD EDIT: REMOVED ILLEGAL ACTIVITY

And i dont respect the law that was changed after a couple of punk kids used a PCP to shoot at people in the street, those punks should have been punished severely, and decent airgun shooters should be left alone.

Got into shooting airguns from a very young age due to real life stress during upbringing which saved my sanity. It later progressed to become an obsession on how accurate these "toy" (NON FIREARM) guns could be capable of. Grew up got heavily onto firearms and reloading and gunsmothing then the club gun ranges closed. Back to heavily into biying and collecting airguns till now and this airgunning collecting hobby and being part of a hobby sport forum keeps me out of REAL LIFE TROUBLE in the real world. FACT-!

Crazyhorse, I did the same. When we built this house my wife wanted an elevator (in a bungalow). I said OK I want an urinal. She definitely saved the marriage. I use the elevator I’ve never seen her use the urinal. yet

AirNGasman priceless picture.
Had an airgun back in early 60’s. Shot anything that moved. Long lapse in time. Didn’t get serious till just over two years ago. Hooked on springers. I feel like I was in a time capsule, the guns I see on these posts (DualMagMike) all new to me, absolutely blown away. Probably bought 20 guns and 150 tins of lead in last two years. Tomorrow I’m dismantling a bedroom to turn into a gun room. Can’t wait 🙂 I’ve watched as much u-tube as times allows, now I want to buy kits to improve these guns (some I hardly shot). Next winter I hope to clean it all up as I’m super busy till fall. Looking forward improving these marvels.

Again I have to thank everyone on this forum for sharing their pics, info and knowledge. Crow 

always been a shooter of one thing or another. At 10,my hunter father got me a lever bb gun. He set up a string with a clothespin on it between two little saplings, and hung a Neeco wafer in the clothespin. "Get back, and hit that wafer, but don't hit the clothespin". 

At age 55 I was laid off yet again from the machine shop, and we went by a yard sale and I saw a rusty Crosman 760,with missing sights.

It still pumped.

I love to tinker.

Took it home and cleaned it up, made it work, Put a Daisy 4x on it from another sale. Kept the chipmunks and squirrels away!

Been hooked ever since...down the rabbit hole I went!

I grew up in extremely rural eastern Arkansas on a 120 acre soybean/rice farm. The area where I was raised is now inside the federal wildlife preserve system, with all private parcels of land having been gradually "acquired" over the years. Not far from Stuttgart-the "duck hunting capital of the world". Growing up in such a sparsely populated area, everyone fished and hunted. I preferred shooting over fishing and did so most days starting in the mid 60's. Wingshooting, small game, bowhunting, long range deer, and more rimfire shooting than could be tallied. Competitive smallbore shooting for a few years in the 70's. Always have loved guns and shooting but have also always been an inveterant tinkerer on anything that could be taken apart. Part of farm life background. You fix most of your own stuff out of necessity. Airguns became a gradually larger part of my shooting starting about 8 years back and has approached the volume of firearm shooting now, though hasn't yet quite matched it.