• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What is your standard for accuracy?

Your range is a lot like mine aside from mine goes up and down!

Range.jpg

Reactions: Hateful McNasty
  • Wow
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
I've noticed some people base their accuracy off someone's else's forum groups or YouTube shooters groups, using the same airgun. And when you call them out it's now what their rifle is capable of.

It's the same on the motercycle forums. Guys claim to ride off road on their big adventure bikes but they only have a bunch of road pics. And the ones that can't ride off road blab the loudest about how great they are. Short guys hate tall bikes and they cry about how bad tall bikes are. Never ending.

It's the same on the motercycle forums. Guys claim to ride.
Take your Wife on her first LONG ride on her own bike, in the rain, for 7 hours once. Then tell Guys you know that have a FEAR of falling water she did that!
She did that and also rode home a few days later! From Nevada, Ohio to Gettysburg, PA in the freaking rain!
I can never express how proud I am of her for doing that! I know way to many Guys that would NEVER attempt that ride!
Thier Bikes melt in the rain I guess.

Last edited:
Take your Wife on her first LONG ride on her own bike, in the rain, for 7 hours once. Then tell Guys you know that have a FEAR of falling water she did that!
She did that and also rode home a few days later! From Nevada, Ohio to Gettysburg, PA in the freaking rain!
I can never express how proud I am of her for doing that! I know way to many Guys that would NEVER attempt that ride!
Thier Bikes melt in the rain I guess.

I've had mine kidney punch me for pulling wheelies on the fz1000.

I think that with many of the guns we have, we don't have the skills or talent yet to shoot them as accurate a they can be shot. For example I think light guns can be shot but must be shot with a certain skill to be shot accurately. I've shot my impact so much that I'm fairly good at how it shoots and can shoot ok with it. But not so with my deltawolf in 30 cal. I think I will have to shoot that for while so I can understand how to shoot it well.

Allen

Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
I guess why guys use shooting vise and butt bags. . eliminate as much the shooter error as possible . Aka no skill involved all off a crutch 😁.
View attachment 349582
Kinda a then and now look
Does it really matter how one shoots, off a bipod, tripod or a bench or whatever? what it comes down to is how are you the most
effective.

effective and

Hi I am in the uk my garden is only small and I shoot bench rest open sights with my hw77 springer. I shoot through some dreadful weather as I live on the coast and the gales we get in the winter are challenging to say the least. I use opens out to 25 yards and that is my max length of my range. Here are a couple of the cards I have shot and a pic of my hw77. Its a wonderful gun. The coin is our smallest a 5 pence.
1DCD8195-E995-4268-9489-A4F9F472B047.jpeg
67AEA89F-CCE0-4592-8C50-AE745EA01D51.jpeg

113BCA8B-E5AE-4076-B6C1-1BA1FEED80D7.jpeg

"What do you (me) consider accurate?"..."EXPERT SNIPERS with their mouths and not their air guns"....Ok....first question....All the PCP's I owned were (are) capable of one ragged hole @ 25-30ys and sub .5" at 50....or I wouldn't have 'em, I got bored with bench shooting years ago, except for testing new gun or something like that and just started shooting from a chair...crossed legs left arm on my right knee...just because it was fun and comfortable...that was in 2010 using a gas ram Theoben SLR 98 long barrel .22
...I did that most days until 2017 when I bought an FX Wildcat Mk1. Penny size groups with the SLR were my norm @ 25y (7 shots full mag)....it didn't have the best trigger but 7 years shooting the same gun I got used to it....when I got the Wildcat with a better trigger and no recoil...two thing became obvious...I was hooked on Bullpups and 7 years shooting that SLR TOUGHT ME HOW TO SHOOT...and the importance of a good. trigger for precision shooting, I could. overlap shots @ 25ys off my knee easily with the WC. Been shooting like that since '17 with everything I have. Posted a pix of me in my retirement rocking chair...after just printing that 5 shot group @30ys with my Veteran AFTER the first 30 shots of day with my Steyr Pro X...just to demonstrate the difference between a "SUPERB" trigger and an also-ran one. "Well done is better than well said" I don't have enough appropriate adjectives to describe my VeteransView attachment 349516View attachment 349517View attachment 349518 preformance...that 5 shot group is typical 822fps with CP Domes 14.3gr
@ 30y off my knee...been doing it for years with it....Expert...no...just a lot of lead down range...and most importent...getting to know your gun. Benched groups like this aren't note worthy with good PCPs...however...go get your best gun sit down in a chair with no rest but your hands shoot the first 35 shots of the day at 30 yds with two guns and post your results...a little more respect for 30 yards please.
You look like you’re lovin’ life. Good for you!

Hi I am in the uk my garden is only small and I shoot bench rest open sights with my hw77 springer. I shoot through some dreadful weather as I live on the coast and the gales we get in the winter are challenging to say the least. I use opens out to 25 yards and that is my max length of my range. Here are a couple of the cards I have shot and a pic of my hw77. Its a wonderful gun. The coin is our smallest a 5 pence.View attachment 349713View attachment 349714

View attachment 349712
Noce .. helps me better understand why i feel a 77 is nicer the a 97 👍 ( always have, always will)

Noce .. helps me better understand why i feel a 77 is nicer the a 97 👍 ( always have, always will)
Yep you cant do that with a 97. The open sight option is why I think
911B108E-0FBD-42DA-9AA0-3CB98FEDFA9F.jpeg
911B108E-0FBD-42DA-9AA0-3CB98FEDFA9F.jpeg
5F40EAF1-A888-4B6C-A78C-7DE9FF686346.jpeg
the 77 is the better bet. That gun is a new mark 3 heavily tuned not by me. I have never had a scope on the gun ever.

You look like you’re lovin’ life. Good for you!
I had a bilateral stroke a year ago in March, my wife got me to Shans ER in Gainesville Fla in time...had emergency brain surgery ( removed clot on one side) plus given "clot buster" drug. When I woke up next day I couldn't talk or know my name or ABCs...A year later I've made a remarkable recovery...especially my mind...I get tired and my right side is a little fuzzy but I can do pretty much anything I did before...except drink a beer...blood thinners you know....it's easy to be greatfull and enjoy the little things
....Yeah....I'm blessed and I thankful...I can still enjoy this hobby and so many friends I have met on AGN to share it with!