• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What is your standard for accuracy?

Well i do always say to put your lead where you mouth are, or something like that.
Problem with that is many will doubt anything you post. I could easily post a target from a 103 yards where 5 shots are in a 3/4" group.
Or a Whistle pig hit with one shot at 90 yards with a .30 Evanix.
Also have pics of 5 Trash Pandas dropped one after the other at 25 yards in just a minute!
Gave up trying to convice people online how I can shoot.
Many have seen me shoot in person. There was at one time people that wished I couldn't shoot so well.
Thier families also wish that I'm sure.

Problem with that is many will doubt anything you post. I could easily post a target from a 103 yards where 5 shots are in a 3/4" group.
Also have pics of 5 Trash Pandas dropped one after the other at 25 yards in just a minute!
Many have seen me shoot in person. There was at one time people that wished I couldn't shoot so well.
So i could shoot 10m and post that group saying its 100y? ... Hmmmmm.. thanks!😇

• Haha
Reactions: iAMzehTOASTY1
Totally understand🎩🤙🇺🇲💪❤️

I share with you the link on this forum of some of my hunting videos.

There you will be able to see that shooting while hunting is VERY different activity than shooting to paper targets resting in a bench.

Ya, when was lying fun? Then they one day catch up to ya. Then the funs over.
Biggest thing is you post, they call you liar, then it goes down hill from there!
I don't question what people post as I have had the Honor of shooting with some fantastic Guys all over the USA.
nervoustrig being one of them. He can tell you I can shoot.

• Love
I share with you the link on this forum of some of my hunting videos.

There you will be able to see that shooting while hunting is VERY different activity than shooting to paper targets resting in a bench.
I don't doubt you Mate. One thing I found over the years is that few AirGunners fake stuff.
Thiose that do get found out pretty quickly.

This was my first attempt at 100 yards. The wind was coming from the right 5-10 mph and gusts from the rear also. The only group I actually waited for the wind gusts to ease up is the center. The other groups are one 5 shot group and 3 three shot groups. I was expecting 6" groups with the wind but I was happy smaller with groups. I was wanting to try some heavier 21g pellets and some slugs but didn't want to fight the increasing wind for small groups. I can't wait to try it again when this weather gets better. I have hope I will get some moa groups.

I used 18g AA branded pellets , for the target . The target has one inch squares.

20230419_112803.jpg

20230419_112812.jpg
20230419_112819.jpg
20230419_112827.jpg20230419_112843.jpg

Are there any airgun hunters on AGN whose standard for accuracy isn’t “dead” (as in a humane death)?
If it's a Whistle Pig? I call them dead even if they make it to the Den!
Yeah. I did that just a few days ago. 85 yard shot and it went under the shed.
I checked with the owners today and they said they have not seen it again.
Did what I was asked to do. Kill the whistle pig! Body recovery was not part of the deal.
I don't agree or follow that 'Humane' kill stuff.
A kill is a kill.

Last edited:
This may sound stupid, but basically my standard is whether the rifle is capable of consistently hitting the target. So, a 20 yard plinker is a very different standard than a 50-100 yard BR rifle. I have my .177 HW100 tuned down to under 12 fpe. It's a great yard gun, will shoot one-hole groups at 20 yards, and is good for squirrels at 35 yards. But its accuracy would be totally inadequate for 50 yard target work, with most 10 rings a gift of luck.

I’ll bite,
I think there’s a lot of “keyboard airgunners” here that watch too much YouTube, and don’t have the experience to know what to expect out of an airgun. They’ve seen guys like Rick reim shoot cards in half at 100yds backwards in a mirror and think anyone could do the same. They forget that shots are cherry picked for videos, and the tuning and time shooting these personalities have outweighs what almost ALL of us do with our own guns.

I’m Also of the belief that my personal accuracy is judged by first shot accuracy. This doesn’t mean sub moa at 100yd accuracy. Mine is minute of squirrel at sub 50yd accuracy from first shot. If a gun doesn’t do this for me, it goes. Does it mean that gun isn’t capable of accurate groups? Absolutely not. In fact, I’ve sold all 3 of my impacts for not having “first shot accuracy” and impacts are know as some of the most accurate pcp’s on the market. My accuracy is more about consistency than anything. If I can comfortable hunt with it without missing a shot due to poi changes or speed discrepancies, then I’m happy.
Mine is 'minute of squirrel' at 100 yards, so far the little buggers have been safe but that may be changing soon.

If it's a Whistle Pig? I call them dead even if they make it to the Den!
Yeah. I did that just a few days ago. 85 yard shot and it went under the shed.
I checked with the owners today and they said they have not seen it again.
Did what I was asked to do. Kill the whistle pig! Body recovery was not part of the deal.
I don't agree or follow that 'Humane' kill stuff.
A kill is a kill.
Been in them boots. Hit a pest and no recovery. But shot placement was spot on/the sound of impact/reaction of pest proved my accuracy once the pest was found 3 weeks later under a wood pile; blow dart still intact/went in left side, hit the heart and was lodged in a rib on the right inside.
Same with pellets. Hit a pest solid in a KZ. No recovery. Found later/never ever return.
All kills in my book🤷‍♂️

Biggest thing is you post, they call you liar, then it goes down hill from there!
I don't question what people post as I have had the Honor of shooting with some fantastic Guys all over the USA.
nervoustrig being one of them. He can tell you I can shoot.
You know what they say about sticks and stones.. then all ridicule does is make me try harder to throw it back at'em. ..lol

I dont mind posting my range pictures but my camera stinks . But still....

Last year picture south lane . I been facing north 1/2 a year and yesterday im swapping back south just mesured and set 25& 100 racks just a few minutes ago.

range2.jpg

Maybe when i get it all set back southward ill take another..fresh.

Anyway i make a decent try i post it to share call it as you want . In the end who are you to me anyway ..lol..😜

• Love
A circle that just encompasses the POI of all the shots is the group size. That size isn’t really the accuracy because it ignores the POA.

SD of the POI to POA distance (measured individually) for all shots in the group is what determines accuracy for me.

Some of the accuracy comes from the equipment, and some from the shooter.

I shoot mainly in competition. The standard of accuracy that is acceptable might be what’s needed to have a reasonable chance to place/win in a particular competition. Or sometimes, I must accept the accuracy that I have and just enjoy the competition.

You know what they day about sticks and stones.. then all ridicule does is make me try harder to throw it back at'em. ..lol

I dont mind posting my range pictures but my camera stinks . But still....

Last year picture south lane . I been facing north 1/2 a year and yesterday im swapping back south just mesured and set 25& 100 racks just a few minutes ago.

View attachment 349627

Maybe when i get it all set back southward ill take another..fresh.
Oh man I would have some epic fun with that space😳🤗🤪🤙