• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What is your most silent 22 and 25...

Crosman 362 converted to .25. It's so quiet at 8 pumps I don't even bother with an ldc.
45901.jpeg

Well, I got my PP700 pistol pretty quiet with the Donny-himself recommended Sumo — when I tuned the velocity to 14% below the max. velocity the Huma REG provided at 120bar.
11.8FPE = 617fps of 14.3gr H&N Sniper Light

But then I got power hungry (I know, that's a rare disease around here 😆) — and now it's doing 16FPE.
Still stealthy enough despite the tiny pistol barrel. Sumo is a gem.

Matthias

When I first got the HW44, it was so quiet I thought there was something wrong with it, perhaps it was jammed. That sucker is ridiculously well designed, quiet, accurate, efficient. The only drawback, to be critical of the 44, the mag lever requires finesse to seat a mag properly and quickly. You could be a Miculek and it wouldn’t matter. That’s the only weak spot. Regardless, it’s still one of my favorites.

Last edited:
I was out at GA Airguns a couple days ago and my buddy @rmslim1 brought his Uragan Compact in .22 We were so amazed as to how quiet it was that we did a little testing.

Without a moderator it’s stupid quiet & most certainly backyard friendly. No doubt. Added a Tanto and it was barely audible. Threw in a Koi and I swear it went into negative decibels!

As comparison I had my Taipan Shorty & my @KalibrGun Cricket Mini. Both Stupid quiet as well, but with mods. The Taipan is wearing a Weihrauch and the Mini is wearing a Koi.

Reactions: rmslim1
My HW110 when I got it from the factory was shooting 19 ft lb. It was very very quiet. It was about as quiet as my Storm Rider shooting 12 ft lb. Both of them had the factory moderator.

I shot maybe 200 rounds through it and it started to get really quiet. I decided it was too quiet. So I checked the velocity. With a 10.5 grain crossman it was shooting about 600 ft per second. It was just making a little tick sound when I shot it. I was probably getting about 70 or 80 shots on a fill. I'll tell you that thing set up for 12 foot pounds would be an awfully nice yard gun.

Anyway it's off to the vendor now to have a little bit of work done. When it comes back I figure it will be shooting jsb 8.44s around 900 ft per second. That's what I asked them to do in the RMA. It will still be the quietest gun I've got.

Last edited:
Since my last post in this thread I switched what I use in my P35s. I used to use a hair curler mod and it was mid to low 80 db quiet but sometimes the shroud shifted, the baffles tilted, and it clipped. All 3 of my P35s now have inexpensive printed moderators in their shroud - where they are protected from damage. The moderators do not reduce the noise level measurably versus the baffles and curlers but they sound good and they don't clip. P35s have 450mm barrels - not very long. My 177 came tuned to just under 20 fpe, the 22 to just over 30 fpe and the 25 closer to 40 fpe. I've turned the 25 down to low 30s, however, because it likes H&N FTTs which are only 20 grains. The stock tune would shoot them over 900 fps. Seems fast to me. But I am talking about barrel length and power to make the point that my airguns are pretty quiet despite having fairly short barrels and what I think is totally adequate power for small game at reasonable ranges. The 22 and 25 almost always shoot through squirrels so more energy would not help. But the squirrels also almost always are DRT. Only two ran at all and the furthest was about 15 feet (both were front of chest shots). All my guns could be tuned to higher power but I don't see why I would do it. Where I live 50 yards is a long shot. 800-900 fps with a pellet they are accurate with is all I need.

I also quit messing with moderation of the noise when I get to the mid 80 db level because I know the pellet impacting the trap is about 85db. I don;'t think the gun needs to be significantly quieter than the pellet impact.