• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*
  • The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What is your most silent 22 and 25...

.22 Taipan Mutant. Very quiet from the factory and add a Donny makes it easily my quietest gun. Shooting at 30fpe.
937BAA69-9A6A-4403-936D-769AE5EA51BA.png

Plus tell me your setup . I think my cricket 22 was but Im Not totally sure anymore .
The best i have ever heard is the air venturi avenger .22 cal. my friend bought the adapter and that was about 6 inches long then put some kind of moderator on there that i have never seen and man we're we surprised. i have 3 nice air rifle one is Daystate huntsman regal .22 the other is Air Arms S510 .22 and the last is the FX Dreamline .22 and that Air Avenger make's my air rifles sound like a shotgun that's how quiet his was. SHOCKED

Last edited:
Damn near ANY pcp set up with a Low dwell cycle of valve can be VERY quite .... Wasted air is what makes excessive noise !!!

Can you say more about this? I have an FX Wildcat MK3 BT Compact (a well-known brand and model, I think), tuned by a well-known retailer, with a big-name moderator on it, and it's still Very Loud, IMO. Not earpro loud, but these 'just hear the tink' -- I'm nowhere near that. Sounds closer to a .22LR than a 'tink.' How do you investigate dwell cycle/excess air?

Can you say more about this? I have an FX Wildcat MK3 BT Compact (a well-known brand and model, I think), tuned by a well-known retailer, with a big-name moderator on it, and it's still Very Loud, IMO. Not earpro loud, but these 'just hear the tink' -- I'm nowhere near that. Sounds closer to a .22LR than a 'tink.' How do you investigate dwell cycle/excess air?
Not an FX tech & don't work with them .. so not able to help in specifics.
Said ... if your pushing on your compact for power, it having a shorter barrel ... there's your issue.
More barrel length and milder tune can equal similar output tho far less noise ... OR, turn down your power and noise should fall away too.

Reactions: claptrap45