• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*

What is your most silent 22 and 25...

Fx streamline 22 cal with hugget mod super quiet no ping

IMG_1999.jpg

I use an inexpensive sound meter to measure my guns and to try out different shroud changes and moderators. All my 5 guns are in the low to mid 80 db range at 1 meter to the side and a foot or so in front of the muzzle. My 3 P35s just needed a hair curler and a half plus 3 of their stock baffles to get there. My 19 fpe 177 is about 82db. My low 30 fpe 22 and 25 are both around 85 db. My Prod may actually be a little below 80 db with it's cheap plastic moderator that also seems to help accuracy. I've messed with my low 40 fpe Avenger the most. I got to about 85 db with a Tanto but I also got there with a in shroud moderator + holes in the back of the shroud.

Pellets hitting a paper target are also around 85 db.

My Weihrauch HW 100 Bullpup with the Weihrauch moderator. I replaced the felt on the curlers with thin cork from Hobby Lobby and using the IOS Decibel app achieve 82 db with the weapon shooting CPHP at 967 fps. I replaced the felt in my other LDCs with cork and they all dropped about 8 to 10 db.

My Weihrauch HW 100 Bullpup with the Weihrauch moderator. I replaced the felt on the curlers with thin cork from Hobby Lobby and using the IOS Decibel app achieve 82 db with the weapon shooting CPHP at 967 fps. I replaced the felt in my other LDCs with cork and they all dropped about 8 to 10 db.
Excellent thinking!
Thank you sir!

Last edited: