• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What is your most 'precise' airgun?

My Guantlet 2 .25 will shoot the most consistent tightest groups in my arsenal at 50 or 75 yards. At 100 yards the Guantlet 30 can beat the 25 but it's a close one either way. Those are the only ranges I really shoot at because it seems like a waste of paper to shoot the same exact hole repeatedly.

33.95 MK2 JSBs in the Guantlet 2 25 are a match made in heaven. I think the thick skirts also help them be very consistent. Really am waiting for a heavier .30 caliber JSB to match that shape.

I believe most people don't know that there is a difference between accuracy and precision. I learned this form a teacher during high school physics and it's something my geeky engineering brains thinks on a lot. What's an accurate airgun? What's a precise airgun?

Well, accuracy is how close you can get to your target and precision is how many time your can hit the same spot.

So maybe for hunting an accurate first shot rifle is important. But, for target shooting a precise gun is one with repeatable accuracy within a very small tolerance.

So what do you own that is precise over a 5 shot group, a 10 shot group, even a 15 shot group?

For me, I have two, and neither is particularly powerful. First is a Cricket Carbine Mini .22. At 12 yards (indoor range) it will put all 14 shots in a magazine of H&N 18gr @ ~26 fpe into the same tiny little hole as long as I am able too. Second is my Uragan Compact in .177. It will put a 15 round magazine of JSB 10.34 @ 15-18 fpe pellets into a single hole as well at 12 yards. Each of these guns has proven to be able to do under .50" groups at 46-50 yards in the right conditions.

I have other very accurate guns, but I can't call them as precise as they will spit a round every so often.

Tell me about your precise airguns.

FX Boss!!!! Anyday anytime

Reactions: cavedweller
A close tie between these 2

image.jpg

I believe most people don't know that there is a difference between accuracy and precision. I learned this form a teacher during high school physics.

I thought it was ironic in your first paragraph in your post you spelled form instead of from as you were saying most people don’t understand the difference between accuracy and precision. 😂😂

My most accurate / precise and repeatable shot placements come from 3 Steyr’s, that for me, were so accurate they were boring. Silly? oddly I love the challenge of taking a sub preforming gun and WORK it and myself every which way, until the groups close up and I declare it too is becoming boring - that said, take away the rests and benches and vary targets and distances to best tell us what your most precise airgun is? IMO Freehand shooting is the best indicator of how well a given platform works / melds with those of us attempting to master a shooting discipline with our physical capabilities and those demanding physical nuances as well.

Last edited:
My RAW HM1000x LRT .22 Ken Hick's tuned is my most precise and accurate PCP. Have had Daystate, FX and Brocock, all very fine shooters but this RAW is just more consistent from first shot to last....when I miss it's all on me.View attachment 269964
I purchased a RAW HM1000x LRT in .30 caliber today and spoke to Ken who was out of stock and ordered it somewhere else. What does he do to tune the guns?

I purchased a RAW HM1000x LRT in .30 caliber today and spoke to Ken who was out of stock and ordered it somewhere else. What does he do to tune the guns?
When I purchased my .22 Chassis from Ken, I asked him to de-tune mine from the factory 50ft/lb tune shooting JSB 25gr @ 950fps to shooting JSB 18gr @ 950fps as it's much more cost effective....plus it shoots NSA 17.5gr @ 935fps. He cut a coil off the HS also.

Reactions: _CTAIRGUNNER_