What is your most 'precise' airgun?

My RAW HM1000x LRT .22 Ken Hick's tuned is my most precise and accurate PCP. Have had Daystate, FX and Brocock, all very fine shooters but this RAW is just more consistent from first shot to last....when I miss it's all on me.
7D21F839-43D4-42EF-B8A6-9A86483A35C0.jpeg

Reactions: judorichard
I believe most people don't know that there is a difference between accuracy and precision. I learned this form a teacher during high school physics and it's something my geeky engineering brains thinks on a lot. What's an accurate airgun? What's a precise airgun?

Well, accuracy is how close you can get to your target and precision is how many time your can hit the same spot.

So maybe for hunting an accurate first shot rifle is important. But, for target shooting a precise gun is one with repeatable accuracy within a very small tolerance.

So what do you own that is precise over a 5 shot group, a 10 shot group, even a 15 shot group?

For me, I have two, and neither is particularly powerful. First is a Cricket Carbine Mini .22. At 12 yards (indoor range) it will put all 14 shots in a magazine of H&N 18gr @ ~26 fpe into the same tiny little hole as long as I am able too. Second is my Uragan Compact in .177. It will put a 15 round magazine of JSB 10.34 @ 15-18 fpe pellets into a single hole as well at 12 yards. Each of these guns has proven to be able to do under .50" groups at 46-50 yards in the right conditions.

I have other very accurate guns, but I can't call them as precise as they will spit a round every so often.

Tell me about your precise airguns.
I'll agree with the cricket carbine being a laser beam! I had one some years ago and before I purchased a scope I shot it just looking down the barrel and ill be damned if I wasn't still popping sparrows at about 25yds. Don't know if that was my skills or all the rifle!

That distinguish would belong to either:

A. .177 Thomas (1st gen with electronic trigger) or,
B. .22 USFT Hunter # 40

I don’t have substantial quantitative data to support my claim, let’s call it intuition based upon my experience shooting my other guns. The first time I shot a FT match with the Thomas, I put down over 85% of the targets. In all my previous matches at the same venue with other rifles, the best I was ever able to achieve was something slightly north of 50%. I know, a number of factors could’ve contributed to my improvement that day but I maintain it was the Thomas. The first 4 shots at about 15 yards with the USFT literally made a hole just slightly larger than the pellet diameter. I thought something was wrong after shots 2, 3, and 4, as I thought I’d missed the target entirely because I didn’t see any other holes. It wasn’t until I examined the target more thoroughly that I noticed a slight enlargement to the first hole.

My RAW HM1000x LRT .22 Ken Hick's tuned is my most precise and accurate PCP. Have had Daystate, FX and Brocock, all very fine shooters but this RAW is just more consistent from first shot to last....when I miss it's all on me.View attachment 269964
I may have to pick your brain on this because the Raw Chassis gun has been in my sights for a long long time, I feel theyre underappreciated.

I’m brand new to pcp rifles. After a lot of research I decided to get my feet wet with an AV Avenger Bullpup in 22 cal. So far I am very impressed.

Took the rifle out of the box, put on a Donny FL Shogun moderator and added a rear picatinny scope rail support bracket. Then modified the cheek piece to drop the weld height about 3/4” so I had a good sight picture in the scope using high rings.

Grabbed a new ton of Baracuda 21.14gr match pellets and set up a target at 26 yards.

Fired two rounds to see where I was hitting. Dialed scope from point of aim to point of impact and I hit right on the Bull. Continued to fire 5 shots and was pretty impressed. So then I got serious about aiming and took my time. To my surprise, the 5 shot group measured well under 1/4” center to center with a total outside width of only .428”. AND I had a 15-20 mph crosswind trying to screw me up! Can see my flag ripping in the one photo. The big Baracuda pellets didn’t seem effected by the wind very much tho. Just kept hitting right where I was aiming.

This is straight out of the box with NO tuning whatsoever! Factory setting in the reg is 2600 psi so definitely a power tune. Haven’t even tried any other pellets yet but so far this little $400 rifle sure can shoot!

Cant have accuracy without precision ;)

The rifle...22 cal AV Avenger BP. DonnyFL Shogun, rear pic support bracket, imitation Atlas bipod, UTG Accushot 4-16x44 scope, Gamechanger rear bag.

DB4F5248-20E0-4CA3-982A-4147FB2E7DC0.jpeg

3E4615EE-E69D-42FF-B33D-63C72E6041EC.jpeg

0E47A9EA-B17E-4E0C-95D9-BAFDDD5673F8.jpeg

2826CD86-30A8-42EB-AF45-3501AD3877D8.jpeg

CB6BC5D1-66CE-47DD-B376-15907988BAB7.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: judorichard
This thread should give you a good idea what some rifles are capable of in the hands of mere mortals.