What is your most 'precise' airgun?

Daystate Air Wolf in .25. It can sit in the case for a month and the 1st shot out of the cold barrel can give a starling a lobotomy at 50yds. 

socMK4W.jpg
[/url][/img]

Reactions: Mycapt65
I have a 177 precise like a laser at 50 yards. I have a 22 precise to 70 yards. I have a 25 precise at 100 yards. Depends on what you're shooting, how far, what caliber. Some guns just never shoot great beyond 75 yards too. We can also consider temperatures, altitude, etc .

If I store a gun at full charge @ 70 degrees. Then take it outside in 29 degrees within an hour things may change, it might not be as accurate as I expected. Or if I change ammo, change tune or shoot at different ranges then it might be different. 

I gotta say, I think we're playing word games here with the precision vs accuracy definition. A rifle with which you can consistently come closest to your target, will also shoot the smallest groups. I guarantee it. But, definitions aside, my most precisely accurate rifles are probably my standard power Red Wolf .22, or the RAW standard power .22. They are 28 fpe rifles, and I rarely shoot past 50 yards, so they aren't going to hang with a HP 30 cal at 100 yards. But, my Veteran and Revere also both shoot better than I can hold, so it's academic with regard to any application except BR under perfect conditions. 

Ed

Reactions: LeddSlinger
Well it looks like most of the high end guns are covered already. I have fx, ataman, bsa and air arms guns that are very accurate and I would expect them to be at the price point. My Crossman 1720t is very precise shooter that doesn't take alot to get it to stack pellets on top of each other. Very fun gun to shoot. I'm also going to throw in a curveball.. I have a 1st Gen umarex fusion that surprised the heck out of me with its accuracy and ease of shooting. Both guns are just a blast to plink with

Reactions: judorichard
Easy! I have one air rifle, my first which I bought 3 mos ago. It's a springer a TX 200. I shoot at an indoor range 25 yards while it's snowing outside. Today was typical , I shoot 5 shot groups. 4 groups in the low 2s. 2 in the 1s, and 1 that was a high zero. I am loving this, no cleaning and no reloading. Oh, all my groups were inside the .5 ten ring, both accurate and precise.. 04 per shoot not close to a dollar like centerfire. I can hardly wait to get out to 50yd....and beyond to see what I can do. My real hobby is centerfire benchrest but I am really enjoying this new one.

Reactions: judorichard
So far, my Benjamin Cayden outshoots all my other guns including my Daystate Regal, BSA R10TH, and my FX Dreamline tactical all of which I expected to be more precise.

The Cayden stacks pellet on pellet at 25 yards to the point of boredom.

Keep in mind that I'm fairly new to the hobby and haven't shot that much yet.

Cayden Airgoon.1643821044.jpg

Franklink's USFT is what he says. Mine is as good in accuracy but not as sweet in behavior. I have so many that are about equal but our Red Wolfs in 177 w the 16.1s are my favorite... they are just SO easy to place a pellet exactly where you want it and at 32 ft lb, hit stuff pretty hard plus never change.

Most dependable, industrial strength precision, is my USFT and close is my CRX ST and Theoben Mk1. My Steyr LG100, RN10, Huntsman Mk2, FWB 300, FWB 600, and the wife's Pro Target and Wolverine DEFINITELY deserve honorable mention.

Bob
bobbie can we get a ST shoot going ...might haveta allow CRXs

Well to be 100 % honest as always, none of my guns shoot as good as i want / expect them to do, but i do think the problem is that i jump back and forth between what i shoot, and so are never really 100 % dialed in.
Then again my .22 FX cyclone, which have pretty much just shot 18 grain JSB pellets and have no dials with which you can dial it into the dumps, it do pretty damn well, but i only shot it on <25 and 50 M.

That said both the Vulcan 3 ( .177 ) and its 500 mm CZ barrel, and the Maverick ( .177 ) with a 700 mm barrel, shooting tennis balls at 100 M are really no challenge if there are no gusts of wind, stepping down to golf ball size and it start to get a lot more fun.
TBH i dont shoot much 50 M anymore, the 80 - 100 M are more interesting.

To be even more honest shooting 50 M, and i feel like " i am not shooting as well as i did a few years ago" and this even go for the rock solid Cyclone.
But i think it is my take on it that have changed and making a hole 10 mm from the other one i see as a major failure, when really it is not as the 49 other pellets went in the same slightly enlarged hole.

My slug collection have by far outgrown my pellet collection, even if i mainly shoot slugs, and have no problem dispensing of 400 - 800 in a session.

Reactions: AirGoon