• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A What is your favorite vintage air pistol to shot, lately?

For me lately I have been shooting the Warrior air pistol in the picture. It is a .22 which I understand is the rarer of the two caliber for these air pistols. No box, a Frank Clark air gun that is historic in nature. Warrior is side cocking with a long heavy trigger pull. It is a joy to shoot. Will have to set-up the chronograph and have a go at it. I find the power to be more than adequate for target shooting. Slipped in an Acvoke pic, too. My collector friend Bill always says these two air pistols are a complete Accles & Shelvoke collection. I have the box for the Acvoke and the original Acvoke pellets in an unopened box. Both of these air guns are mentioned in the, "Encylopedia of Spring Air Pistols 2nd Ed," (ESAP). A&F Monogram is on page 16. A Particularly rare and select group of Warriors are those imported to the USA by Abercomie & Fitch of New York. The Acvoke box of unopened pellets is listed as "Extremely rare" on page 14 of the ESAP. I am serious about collecting air pistols and some rifles too. It would be great to see what vintage air pistols you gentlemen like to shoot.

Cheers

mongram A&F.jpg

warrior chamber view.jpg

warrior rear view.jpg

mongram A&F.jpg

acvoke-cocked.jpg

warrior rhs view.jpg

wrr frank.jpg

warrior serial number 32--.jpg

Last edited:
Shot my oldest pistol recently - the Hammerli Sparkler from the late 1950's.

I should really give my next oldest pistol an airing too, an all steel Webley Premier in 0.177 from 1966 (what a great year that was!)

For me lately I have been shooting the Warrior air pistol in the picture. It is a .22 which I understand is the rarer of the two caliber for these air pistols. No box, a Frank Clark air gun that is historic in nature. Warrior is side cocking with a long heavy trigger pull. It is a joy to shoot. Will have to set-up the chronograph and have a go at it. I find the power to be more than adequate for target shooting. Slipped in an Acvoke pic, too. My collector friend Bill always says these two air pistols are a complete Accles & Shelvoke collection. I have the box for the Acvoke and the original Acvoke pellets in an unopened box. Both of these air guns are mentioned in the, "Encylopedia of Spring Air Pistols 2nd Ed," (ESAP). A&F Monogram is on page 16. A Particularly rare and select group of Warriors are those imported to the USA by Abercomie & Fitch of New York. The Acvoke box of unopened pellets is listed as "Extremely rare" on page 14 of the ESAP. I am serious about collecting air pistols and some rifles too. It would be great to see what vintage air pistols you gentlemen like to shoot.

Cheers

View attachment 428046

View attachment 428048

View attachment 428049

View attachment 428050

View attachment 428051

View attachment 428052

View attachment 428053

View attachment 428054

'Vintage' airguns being a relative concept, and this thread including resurrections of same, I'll play.

This 90s-vintage Falcon FN12 was apparently converted to pistol by a previous owner before another, subsequent previous owner not only did a butchery job on the custom stock trying to add a shoulder stock, but packaged it so poorly it blew right through the hard case and cardboard box when a package-handling ape dropped the package off the back of a truck end-first onto pavement.

FN12 Legend.jpg

Although I managed to repair and refinish the stock better than new, the unique, push-button magazine-repeater mechanism was too badly damaged to resurrect. So although she lives the rest of her life as a single-shot, at least she still lives. And shoots like a house afire, averaging 3/4 to 1" groups at 50 yards regular as clockwork.

FN grip R.jpg

Attaching a Bocote grip cap not only covers the ham-fisted airgunsmith butchery, but enhances the beauty of the lovely custom walnut stock and my bulletproof refinish of it.

Last edited:
Old beater? the airgun looks excellent to me. I really want one of the FWD 65 air pistols wonderful recoiless target pistol.

How tight are your groups? Care to share?
Between my eyesight and my shaky hands I am not a good enough shot with a pistol to talk groups. I can at 20 feet in my basement keep them all in the black using 10 meter air rifle targets. I could never do that with a P1. I can get very similar groups with a 747. Hard to fault those old Daisy match pistols. Probably the best way to say it is these springers can match SSP or PCP performance thanks to the anti-recoil or better put the recoil management system.

Last edited: