• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What is your favorite rust prevention cleaner?

I’m just a lurker here and thinking of getting into the AG game. On my PBs I’ve used nothing but Break Free CLP for years. Place I used to work used it. On firearms it’s good for (C)lean, (L)ube, (P)rotect. Good enough for the US military and NATO, good enough for me.
Break Free works well. Frankly, I think the topic is a little overblown. We've all seen the comparison tests of a bunch of rust prevention products. I don't know about others, but I don't leave my air rifles lying in the woods for several days between outings. IMO, if youb keep a coat of most any lube/anti- rust on It, you should be fine.

Break Free works well. Frankly, I think the topic is a little overblown. We've all seen the comparison tests of a bunch of rust prevention products. I don't know about others, but I don't leave my air rifles lying in the woods for several days between outings. IMO, if youb keep a coat of most any lube/anti- rust on It, you should be fine.
I largely agree. A normal dose of prevention does 99% of the preventative care, regardless of brand. Being in Florida now I have to do it a bit more, but in CA it was so dry it didn't really impact me.

When I want a high degree of rust prevention, I also like using Frog Lube. It is one of the top performers in this independent study
boards2_zps3731a808.jpg

This was such a great review of the Frog Lube

Reactions: crowski
View attachment 312722

This was such a great review of the Frog Lube
Since I started Airgunning my wood shop has sat dormant, 3 1/2+ yrs.. All the steel surface’s are rusty. Have to try on them, desperate. Been selling tools, no longer needed, never thought this day would come. Crow
More gold for the guns.