• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What is your favorite pellet

Currently:
The JSB exact king series in 0.25 caliber. I have a pellet gauge and a grain scale, and they seem a bit more consistent than others. I do like the H&N field target trophy in 0.22 caliber as well.
Previously:
​May all time favorite pellets, are no longer made like they were in the 80's, which were the RWS pellets. Back then they were turned (like on a lathe), and were shipped in an entirely (on all sides) foam lined cardboard box. Those things were tack drivers back in the day; super consistent.

In my Walther Rotek in .22 , I like the JSP 15.89 Exact Jumbo Diablo. In my Diana 54 Air King in .177 , I like the JSP 8.4 Grain , but it is a recent acquisition , and more testing is in order. Went I crank up the FWB 124D , I mostly like the Crosman Premier 7.9 domed pellet. I have some old Beeman Silver Jets that it was raised on that I sometimes load. I had it resealed and a new spring , so it probably isn't broke in just yet. 

Hey Cranky1 you have to do some serious pellet experimentation all pellets shot different some more accurate some less on top of that most guns prefer certain pellets that is to say just because a certain brand and model are accurate in your rifle they may not be in a different rifle on top of that even one tin of pellets can perform different from another literally the same brand same model out of the same rifle during the same day they will sometimes fly different, because it's a different production batch maybe the lead is different or it was made in another machine who knows. I recommend buying a few different brands and different models of pellet with in that brand and trying it out until you find that Golden ticket that lets you put pellet on top of pellet robing hood style the brand i recommend and personally use is H&N 

Reactions: Cranky1
The 22 AA that I just sold liked H&N Match Barracuda 21.14gr, 5.52 head diameter. 
​I pellet gauged three tins and the most, about 60% were actually 5.54 head diameter, which shoot best in the Steyr.
​My FX Wildact 25 likes the AA Diabolo Field 25.4gr, 6.35 head diameter (why don't 25's come in different diameter heads, like 22's?) with the JSB Match Diabolo Exact King 25.39gr, 6.35 head diameter a close second.
​I pellet gauged a tin or two of the 25 AA's and found that the 6.38 head diameter shot best, which by the way were about 50% of those tins. 6.37 were close.