• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What is Your Favorite of all the Guns you own at the Moment?

My collection now, AEA Challenger bullpup 50 cal at the top, Hatsan Sortie 25 cal semi-auto on the left, AEA HP Max .35 cal on the right, and my favorite now, the Western Rattler 357 semi auto at the bottom. I sold everything else I had.
20230308_184834.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Perle and TRIPP
My collection now, AEA Challenger bullpup 50 cal at the top, Hatsan Sortie 25 cal semi-auto on the left, AEA HP Max .35 cal on the right, and my favorite now, the Western Rattler 357 semi auto at the bottom. I sold everything else I had.
View attachment 339309
I have a Rattler .357 myself......a very versatile machine.....

Reactions: RM.510bigbore
I have a Rattler .357 myself......a very versatile machine.....
Yeah I've been into PCP guns for about 2 years now. I had always gotten Hatsan and AEA guns, I also had a Benjamin bulldog 357 which was nice, but the Rattler is in a class by itself. I'm glad I treated myself and actually got a really good more expensive PCP gun. Shooting that thing is just a joy.

I just looked up that Rifle. Impressive but …. @2500 sadly a little to rich for this city dweller.

But if I was a rural guy this would absolutely be on my list.
Yeah the price was a little hard to get over but once you shoot the rattler, 357 semi-auto and it's all smooth, no hammer or anything, It's in a class by itself.

I own many airguns of all flavors, some expensive some inexpensive. My favorite is a Beeman QB78 in 22cal. wood stock. Sure it's low power, but it's a tack driver at 75ft.,and I enjoy mastering a high arc trajectory without adjusting the sight. I love the solid steel barrel, it has a nice trigger, love the convenience and high shot count of Co2. naturally quiet no suppressor needed, light, great balance. My favorite hike and plink rig on a nice warm summer's day. Oh yeah, it was only $108- on sale!

Well right now it's still my trusty Benjamin bulldog .357, but I just ordered me a Western rattler 357, waiting on that to arrive Wednesday. That'll probably take my number one spot.
The Bulldog is super sturdy. You could slip slip and tumble down a hill, fall on the Bulldog, use it as a crutch and shoot a deer on the way back to the truck. The Rattler probably wouldn't survive that senario.

My FX Maverick compact in 25 caliber. I set my working reg pressure to 105-106 Bar. Took like maybe 10 minutes to tune it. I’ve heard complaints about tuning this gun I don’t get. Only had to drain 89cc or air instead of all of it. Don’t over think the dual regs as the first one is mainly set it and forget it unless you decide to change for huge power and run the operating reg quite high. 90% of the time you are only adjusting one reg. After the tune the gun is a 10 fps spread on 3 power settings pushing 25.39 from just over 900 to low 890’s to 870’s. First group I shot on 870’s setting was the best 50 yard group I’ve ever shot. This gun makes me want an M3.

Nate….have you done a Maverick review ??

I have several airguns but my hand built 4 times 100m champions Sinner in cal. 223, built by drummencustomguns, is by far my favourite. It shoots the RWS .22lr slugs in 41.5 grain at every speed to 400msec max.. Further I have now a AEA .357 Big 9, a Vulcan3 in .30, a Anschutz 1813 supermatch and a Hatsan Piledriver in .45.

Gtz. Bert

Last edited:
The Bulldog is super sturdy. You could slip slip and tumble down a hill, fall on the Bulldog, use it as a crutch and shoot a deer on the way back to the truck. The Rattler probably wouldn't survive that senario.
You are probably right, The Benjamin bulldog is a workhorse, the Rattler though is just so much fun to shoot, a freaking power house. I have some 177 grain rattler slugs that the rattler can push at over 250 fpe. The best I could get out of the bulldog was about 200. I actually ended up giving the bulldog to my old man so he had a nice PCP, be loves it.

I own many airguns of all flavors, some expensive some inexpensive. My favorite is a Beeman QB78 in 22cal. wood stock. Sure it's low power, but it's a tack driver at 75ft.,and I enjoy mastering a high arc trajectory without adjusting the sight. I love the solid steel barrel, it has a nice trigger, love the convenience and high shot count of Co2. naturally quiet no suppressor needed, light, great balance. My favorite hike and plink rig on a nice warm summer's day. Oh yeah, it was only $108- on sale!
I had QB 78 before the Beeman branding and the Crosman 160 that it copies years ago. I actually liked the QB better because he barrel was more accurate, as my Crosman was an early production and had seen better days. I made a thumbhole stock for it (QB) out of a blank of cherry. Good choice Nordic.

I received last week my Sidewinder.30 Cal.

Sad to recognize this because of the amount invested along years in my PCP's that I considered excellent rifles (FX - non Meccano shooting line, Daystate, AGT, Brocock, et al), the Sidewinder is 8 notches above in everything, except of quality ( all of them have excellent quality), but none of them can compete in accuracy and easy to handle and to increase and decrease power naturally.

The Sidewinder is a new reference in the market.

Reactions: L.Leon