• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

N/A What is your favorite C02 Pistol?

1911A1 Tangfolio Witness and a German Luger. C02 bb pistols with blow back action. Both aged. fun to shoot. Accurate for a bb pistol.
23D86B1A-10F6-4DDD-B0AF-57B61F846D9D.jpeg

Last edited:
Not an overly big on CO2 pellet guns and of the six that I've had...
I melted two of them in a cast iron pan with a torch. That's about what they were worth, and yeah, even being "brand" name guns.

And of the four that I still have, it's difficult to pick a "favoriate".

Here's two -

My Umarex, CP99
1701185628199.jpeg

And my -
Umarex, Colt, 1911
1701185705287.jpeg

Mike

Crosman 150. Shoots hard and accurately, compact, perfectly balanced, well-made and finished, and even simpler than me.

Right on, Mike! However I'm compelled to expound on your points a bit.

"Shoots hard" enough for excellent small-game work to 30-35 yards; "compact" so much as to be the most power and accuracy in the most compact package this side of a $1200 Ataman AP16 Compact; "perfectly balanced" especially for offhand shooting; "well-made and finished" in real metal, and "even simpler than me" as in 'simplicity is the hallmark of good design'.

150 .52 at 25.jpg

35 yard bunny.JPG

This cottontail fell to a 35 yard offhand brain shot virtue of the 150s excellent power, accuracy, and balance.

Not too bad for an American-made air pistol produced from 1954 till 1961, when they sold for the lofty price of eighteen-dollars and seventy-five cents! :ROFLMAO:

I consider mine virtually PRICELESS!

My favorite would be a pair. The S&W 78G and 79G. The 78G I found is like new in the original box with a box of S&W branded C02 cartridges
and S&W .22 pellets.

View attachment 410437

View attachment 410439

View attachment 410438

A close second would be the oldest airgun in my collection, the 1946 Schimel GP-22. It uses the old soda fountain 8 gram C02 cartridges.

View attachment 410440
The 78G is my favourite co2 pistol, and the last gun I would part with, closely followed by an early Daisy 790 (assembled from parts made by S&W).

Another favorite that deserves mention is the Crosman 357 series. I have the Vigilante and Python versions, and the Triple Threat that comes with 3 barrels. They all shoot great. Accurate, reliable, and easy to work on. Magazine cylinders are abundant and affordable, and you can have some fun swapping out barrels and different red-dot sights.

Vig-Python.JPG

Trip[le.JPG

Reactions: cjtamu