What is your FAVORITE Air Rifle?

At Northeast Airguns we carry a variety of brands including:
As we look back at which air rifle we sold the most over 2023, it was the FX Impact M3 Air Rifle.
If you're curious as to why, we put together a little video over on YouTube.

But we want to hear from you.
What is your FAVORITE Air Rifle and why?

2023 Bestseller.jpg

Toss up between these two for me. Both are reliable guns meaning I can pick them up, fill their reservoirs, load mags, verify my zero, and go hunting. No POI shifts or foolishness to deal with. This is a consistent trend .

.357 Benjamin Bulldog for the following reasons:
The .357 Benjamin Bulldog is a versatile Airgun that shoots slugs, pellets, and airbolts. It’s a repeater, pretty simple to learn, not difficult to maintain, there are three aftermarket shops that can perform maintenance and upgrades (two of them are in my state), good product support from the manufacturer (in my experience), relatively easy to obtain replacement and extra parts. I’m still exploring the latest iteration of the Benjamin Bulldog M357. I like it so far. It’s already out down a spike in the Texas 2023-2024 whitetail deer season.

Brocock Bantam Sniper HR .25:
This has been a dependable air rifle. Good build quality, helluva barrel on mine, and aesthetically it’s a good looking Airgun. She’s put down her fair share of fur and it’s just a fun gin to shoot. Manufacturer’s support is not good and trying to get Brocock to release a parts list that corresponds to their exploded diagram has proven very difficult. The good thing is that this gun is so well built it has few issues. I’ve only dealt with a bad fill port seal and a regulator issue.

Ill answer this with the limited knowledge i posses since I havent had the chance to try out any of them (Ill also include how Id set them up.

Fx Panthera 600mm .30cal: for the area I live in and the purpose I have for airguns, 600mm gives you agreat deal of precission while maintaining the rifle on a manageable length, shooting .30 cal slugs would allow me to reach out to further distances while maintaining the energy I need to take down the type of game Im after effectively, before you ask, yes it does have a low shot count (id rather keep the rail), and to solve that id have a couple spare 300cc bottle in my gear bag. As for the set up, accutac bipod, Vortex Razor HD Gen III 6-36X56 FFp scope, shooting 60gr Javelin slugs at about 960-980fps.

Fx Impact M3 .22cal: needles to talk about why Im going with the impact here, Backbone top rail, saber tactical arca rail, 700cc bottle, and the 800mm tensioned barrel wit a stx superior heavy liner, shooting 40gr slugs at 980-990fps, with an atlas bipod and the same optic as in the panthera, (and all the power block upgrades) basically a heavy slug set up, now the reason it is in second place for me is that with all the mods and accesories it gets incredibly heavy and almost annoying to carry if you are hunting on foot.

Personally I value precission over almost everything, and form what ive been able to see on youtube and social media, fx has that side of things pretty much dialed in.

The Panthera / Dynamic is hands down the best platform of 2023 and the absolute best air rifle platform on the market today. I expect this will remain for a few years unti FX inevitably outdoes itself. There is simply nothing else that can compete with the platform's versatility. Personally I have 3 Pantheras. My .22 600mm has me sitting on top of the NRL22 leaderboards. My .30 cal Panthera Hunter Compact shoots 90fpe (despite a 395mm barrel) and led me to my first instant drop-on-the-spot coyote kill. My .22 Panthera Hunter Compact is an absolute chipmunk slayer and was initially set up by me for Field Target - which it also excelled at during the Pyramyd Air Cup. Whatever your purpose is for an air rifle, the Panthera / Dynamic can be configured for it. It is the AR-15 of airguns and nothing else can even come close to competing with it right now in the market.

At Northeast Airguns we carry a variety of brands including:
As we look back at which air rifle we sold the most over 2023, it was the FX Impact M3 Air Rifle.
If you're curious as to why, we put together a little video over on YouTube.

But we want to hear from you.
What is your FAVORITE Air Rifle and why?

View attachment 424547
Love my 3 hammerless lcs, Western rattler and huben k1 about equal. Still hate the support of lcs so would never buy another.

Reactions: wgd
That's hard to pick just one! I haven't played with a lot of PCPs. There is 3 models that are all right there together for me, RTI, cricket 2 tactical, and Vulcan 3 and will always have one of these each(not so much the crown). The one I will add to the stable will be a delta wolf someday. The one that is probably my favorite is the Vulcan 3.

@North East Airguns
Are you guys going to carry the new Uragan 2? If I have a good tax return I’ll be in the market for a U2 Compact.

I bought the following rifles in 2023
FX Maverick Compact
Daystate Huntsman Revere Safari
Umarex Notos
Snowpeak P35
Stoeger S3000-C (Delivered Dec 30, and I’m evaluating it for friends that just want a cheap option for lizard control)

I want to say it’s the Huntsman 100%, but I can’t. It’s a great rifle, the best air rifle I’ve ever had. But I have A LOT of fun with the P35.

Most shot and most fun with, PP700SA

Last edited:
Reactions: Perle