• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What is your best purchase

Wondering what you you consider your best purchase? I have a couple Some good shooters. But my best purchase, is either my 1701 or my 1720 I never expected to use these as much as I do. I find I shoot these more than any of my others. I expect my guns that were over a thousand dollars to be good. But never thought I would get so much out of a inexpensive gun. I really would like a bull pup I would like to find a sleeper like these

sparky 

I had two unbelievable finds. One is an Air Arms .22 cal 510 FAC xtra in a pawn shop for $99. It needed a replacement stock (ugly but not broken), magazine and fill adapter, but what a shooter. Second was a $114 (including shipping) Gamo Big Cat springer in .25 caliber that turned out to be remarkably accurate to 40 yards with H&N Spitzkugel, go figure.... It supposedly has a BSA hammer forged barrel, and it is odd in that the breech seal isn’t on the breech block, but on the compression chamber side?

In terms of value for the dollar, I would have to say my .22 QB78 HPA conversion. For less than $200 invested plus some elbow grease, it pushes JSB 18.1gr at 900fps with remarkable accuracy and it has a very nice trigger, at a time when nothing else came close.

If we limited it to something straight out of the box, that’s a tougher one. I think I’d have to give it to the 2nd-gen DAR. The only thing I had to do was smooth the trigger. I think that is the closest I’ve ever come to being content with one as delivered.

Probably my used SCBA tank with Stik Boy fill assembly. Early on I decided I'd rather put my money into a decent fill assembly rather than a "new" tank which probably won't have a full 15 years left anyways. 

I don't necessarily mind hand pumping from say 100 bar but when you're de-gassing to make reg changes or just need a quick shot of air to push the reg out of the air tube the tank is really helpful. 

Last Cyber Monday I picked up a great deal on a NEW (not refurbished) AT44S-10 in 177 Cal for $117 delivered to my door. This thing absolutely loves H&N 21 gn pile drivers and I have been able to hit golf balls at 200 meters with it. The only down side is that this thing is loud!! I only shoot it at the range so that is not too big a deal.

A FX Wildcat MkII .25 bought last year at age 81... Have had my hands on a lot of airguns over the years and this one is light years ahead of the rest in terms of engineering, build quality and ease of shooting. It is certainly what you would expect for a gun of its price range. It was a perfect shooter out of the box, requiring no adjustments, modifications or other tinkering to get it to shoot accurately. Dime size groups at 50 yards off a rest are easy with a good scope. Now I'm not a fan of the bullpup style, but for hunting and varmit shooting it is hard to beat. JSB Exact Kings are the perfect pellet for this gun but the heavies are just as accurate. The trigger is match grade and pull weight on mine was about one pound. My chrony said 920 fps at the muzzle with Exact Kings.

After buying and using this gun, I am now firmly in the FX camp.... It was expensive for an airgun but it was worth the price..

My Benjamin eb22. At the tail end of 2010 I purchased one from Air Gun Depot. I had always wanted one and was hearing rumors about it being discontinued. Well shortly after I received it I tried to get another for my nephew... no dice.

It's a very nice pistol. Has a nice heft to it. It's all metal and wood. It has more than enough power to be a very effective pester, even has a bit of recoil. Kind of loud though. I believe the design remained unchanged since the 1950's. I'll never sell it.

I have to say all 4 of my fx guns have been amazing to me boss .30, Impact .25, Bobcat .25, and Wildcat .22.. Very well made, side lever cocking smooth as butter, triggers light and crisp and boringly accurate @ 50 yards out of the box. They weren't cheep but I feel I got what I paid for. I also recently bought a cricket carbine .22 thats a truly amazing gun with excellent accuracy. It doesn't feel as refined as the Wildcat or come shooting with the power but tit for tat at 50 yards it holds its own.