• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What is up with the USPS???

A week or so ago I sent an AGN Member, who lives in RI, some pellets. I'm in Central MA but the shipment had to go to PA to a distribution center, then come all the way back East to get to Rhode Island. 

Last Saturday I placed an order with Pyramid Air. The USPS shipment left Solon, OH, arrived in Macon, Georgia, and is somewhere between there and here; God only knows.

Check this track number out 9405516901946997499482.

What the hell is this outfit doing with our tax dollars??

Not impressed!!!!!!

Will

PS I realize the USPS claims they are not taxpayer funded, but they have received billions of dollars from our Government in the form of bail-out money. IE Taxpayer funded!!

I had a shipment go across the country to California in 2 days this week and arrived early. USPS is generally solid for me.

None of the delivery services are perfect and if you look online you can find similar examples of mistakes by them all. Any large organization is going to have problems like this. Don’t get me wrong, it sucks when it happens but you can’t blame the whole organization.

USPS knows they are in a shamble, so their solution to that is to be less competitive and have fewer delivery avenues. No you can't make this up. Wish I could find the article. I was just floored by the attitude.

IIRC or was told correctly, USPS delivers more parcels in a day that all the others combined. I find that a bit of a stretch unless they are including letter size parcels, but even then.

I watched a very expensive performance part jump around the country for a couple of weeks. It passed us no less than 5 times during the fiasco. It was within an hour of me, AND in the distribution hub city no less than 6 times. The sender contacted the Postmaster and was pretty well told to call back when the item was lost. Otherwise don't bother them. Express delivery was paid for the item.

I see USPS is taking the fight to Danish postal, but they cant win that one, cuz Danish postal are so bad it dont even exist anymore, but id now called Post nord and i think run by Sweden. And it still could not live a year without getting their greedy hands on Danish tax payer money.

At least you guy dont have what we and the Norwegians have, the worlds largest public sectors,,,,,, and it is really bad.

Don’t get me wrong, it sucks when it happens but you can’t blame the whole organization.

Considering the BILLIONS of tax payer dollars the USPS has received and seeing the way they do business, yes I can, as a taxpayer, blame the whole organization!!

This is the problem with government and Giant organizations; you can't blame them, then nothing gets corrected.

If my performance at my job was on par with the USPS, I'd get fired!!!!

IMHO

Will

While the government does not support finnancially the USPS they do dictate the rules under which they operate!! Unfortunately the postal service cannot make their own decisions. Political appointments make decisions for the postal system not qualified or experienced people! Unfortunately your seeing how effieciently the federal govt works.. All areas of federal govt make poor decisions but because the postal system has direct competition from UPS and Fedex, we actually see how poorly run the postal system is run. Just imagine if our govt had actual competitors in other areas like health care and social security and even our military, we would soon realize just how poorly our govt is run. The postal service employees are not happy either but....they are required to follow big brothers orders!!

Out of 2000 USPS package deliveries to me only one was bad.....and most got to me in 2weeks...

Let me tell you about DSL ,I got a package sent from China to my house in 5days!!!5 days!!!!!!

I got a package sent from NY City to my hosue in 1day,special delivery worked.

I do not think I am lucky,I am blessed,my postman puts my packages on a ledge in my basement

I hear guys complaining a lot about deliveries,I must be lucky and blessed.

I buy a lot of stuff from eBay....I wonder if the post office treats eBay sellers and buyers differently.

Patience is a virtue until it runs out then it is a pain.

First class mail is going to be changed to 6 days instead of 2-3. It was in the news a couple weeks ago. I have also noticed crazy long wait times for mail in the last couple of months. A fellow AGN member who is working on a 3D print mailed me some pieces to be test fit, it took probably double the normal time for a package to arrive. PA orders sit in Illinois a day or two before they start to crawl westward to my house. Amazon orders lag behind estimated delivery dates by two or three days for my address. The term “Snail-mail” was ahead of its time.

I am a habit-ritual lottery loser.Do you play the Banjo,I am asking because I saw this movie with that guy in it,great movie by-the-way.

I do not play banjo and neither did the guy depicted in my avatar. Eric Weissberg was hiding behind the swing and corner of the house playing the banjo.

I'll give the actor credit tho. His fingering sure was believable!!

Excellent movie!!

Well, I have to say that the USPS has actually done pretty well for me, better around here (Southern CT) than UPS and FedEx.

They are certainly not perfect, and they piss me off from time to time, but that's true of all the others too. However when things go wrong I can actually call a local delivery depot nd talk to a real person. And she will call the guy on his truck. And send him back to pick a package up from where he mis-delivered it and bring it to me. That doesn't happen with UPS or FedEx. They tell me I have t5o wait 48 hours - that's IF I can get a person. Usually its their 1-800 national number voice mail.

I love how everyone likes to beat on the USPS, and claim that the taxpayer is funding them, but it just ain't so. Further, as pointed out above by Airshot, they don't get to make their own decisions. For example, they have said for years that they need to close many of the Post Offices that serve only a few people and which are losing millions. Any stand alone business would have done it years ago, but the Congress says NO. You must serve these people. Then they complain that its not making money.

You want to know the real cost of your mail using private industry? Ask UPS, or FedEx, or DHL, or any other service, to deliver a letter to someone across the country, or even across town, in 2-4 days.

Yeah. That much! USPS does it for 50 cents. Everyone can keep complaining. When its gone you'll beg to have it back. Hell, they still deliver to individual houses. In Canada that went the way of the Dodo/dinosaur/every extinct animal years ago. You have to walk or drive down to a large cluster of mail boxes (for up to 50 houses - maybe more, but that's the most I have seen in Southern Ontario when I visit my brother) to go get your mail.

My 10 cents. Now I'm gonna go wait for Hurricane Henri......

Chris