• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What is this airgun?

If it uses green gas, there will be a tiny nipple type valve down in the fill port that looks like this.

You may need to shine a light down into port to see it-

View attachment 393772
Scroll up to post #5 and zoom. It was hard to get a picture. I tried two good fitting screwdrivers to unscrew the fill port but it was gorilla tight and I didn't want to marr the slots so I quit. Did those green gas bottles make any real pressure? Seems like it would be kind of anemic. I even pulled the butt pad just in case it held a surprise but nothing.

Scroll up to post #5 and zoom. It was hard to get a picture. I tried two good fitting screwdrivers to unscrew the fill port but it was gorilla tight and I didn't want to marr the slots so I quit. Did those green gas bottles make any real pressure? Seems like it would be kind of anemic. I even pulled the butt pad just in case it held a surprise but nothing.

I zoomed and looked. There's definitely something down in there, but I can't say for sure. The valves in various guns are usually 1/4" deep so they're hard to see. Green gas is capable of producing pressure and velocities similar to C02, depending on the gun.

The way it works is fairly straightforward. Find the fill port and press the tip of the gas bottle into the port and hold it until gas starts to vent back out bottle tip, indicating the reservoir in the gun is full. The tip of the gas bottle and the fill valve in the gun are both spring loaded so when you push them together both valves open allowing the gas to fill the reservoir. Like re-filling a butane lighter.

Here's what a typical green gas bottle tip looks like, and a demo picture of a green gas powered pistol being filled-

RWAGAO-0001-3L.jpg
HTB1HmwTKf5TBuNjSspcq6znGFXaW.jpg

If you eliminate PCP, multi-pump pneumatic, C02, spring/gas piston, and SSP as a means of propulsion, the only other thing I can see it being
is green gas. Might take a magnifying glass and good bright light, but you should be able to see the gas nipple. Its's small, about the size of a C02 piercer with a tiny pin sized hole in the center.

ETA: I've never heard of the system Filnez described, but it sounds like a good possibility.

Last edited:
Definitely a little Shin Sung-y. Beautiful rifle.

You might want to try reaching out to this guy:

I don’t know him, but I’ve used his site to learn about my old, obscure Korean guns. He has a deep well of knowledge. If you send him these pictures he might be able to point you in the right direction.

Good luck.
No word from the Korean Air gun guru fokkemol

Reactions: MLE
No word from the Korean Air gun guru fokkemol
Like I said, I don’t know anything about him. The site feels a little old, so it’s possible the dude is somewhere along the spectrum of retirement or simply hasn’t checked in on it in years.

That said, I have yet to stumble on a better resource for info on the Korean guns. We’ll keep our fingers crossed that he responds. If not, we’ll regroup and come up with a new strategy to identify your gun.

Same as the old AR and the 1st Career airgun fills.
Personally I would contact Davis of the former ARS air rifles in NY. He has a few NOS FX (thor, axor,...) listed on Brad's classifieds these days and I'm think something like "Gustoo"(?) on gunbroker & such.
Had a similar (not nearly as cool tho) rig from him sometime before 2000 came with the adapter I believe you need.
Every chance he can tell you all about that rig and might even have the correct fill unit and or conversation or know what you need to do as a work around. Would be nice to keep it all original.
Thanks for sharing the pics and please give us a full report once you are up and running.

John

Same as the old AR and the 1st Career airgun fills.
Personally I would contact Davis of the former ARS air rifles in NY. He has a few NOS FX (thor, axor,...) listed on Brad's classifieds these days and I'm think something like "Gustoo"(?) on gunbroker & such.
Had a similar (not nearly as cool tho) rig from him sometime before 2000 came with the adapter I believe you need.
Every chance he can tell you all about that rig and might even have the correct fill unit and or conversation or know what you need to do as a work around. Would be nice to keep it all original.
Thanks for sharing the pics and please give us a full report once you are up and running.

John
Hi John, any help with contact info for Davis? A little Googling didn't work for me. I'm old but I'm slow when it comes to the internet.

Hi John, any help with contact info for Davis? A little Googling didn't work for me. I'm old but I'm slow when it comes to the internet.
Different than 20 years ago but just pulled this off one of his recent ads [email protected] .
He was THE importer of all Korean airguns for a couple of decades and simply knows everything. He was also the importer of ll the RWS branded FX and Air Arms and ... airguns. Be warned he might have some gem of an old airgun you just "need".
Keep us posted.

John

Reactions: Lobi
Different than 20 years ago but just pulled this off one of his recent ads [email protected] .
He was THE importer of all Korean airguns for a couple of decades and simply knows everything. He was also the importer of ll the RWS branded FX and Air Arms and ... airguns. Be warned he might have some gem of an old airgun you just "need".
Keep us posted.

John
Ha ha, i "need" things all the time. My wife often asks me "need or want? " She's also quick to say "never is a long time" when I say I'd never..
I'll try contacting him.
Thanks for the detective work.

Keep us posted.

John
This from Davis..
(Oh, he also said it's a 3000psi pcp)

Screenshot_20231004_222805_Gmail.jpg