• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What is this airgun?

Lobi

Feb 11, 2023
Michigan
Who can help me. Can't find nothing about it. Worth anything? Looks like an adapter to fill it is missing. Rear sight is in bag with scope rail currently mounted in its place. The lever action rotates the (pellet mag) cylinder.
Screenshot_20231002_203140_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20231002_203126_Photos.jpg
Screenshot_20231002_203104_Photos.jpg

I'd do your best to check the fill port, depth, hole location. Report back with the dimension. hopefully it uses a probe with a hole in the side of the probe and not the end. Most have two orings on teh shaft with a hole inbetween those orings. With luck one of us can recommend a probe from another gun that will fit.
I know the two o-ring style you are talking about. My Shin Sung Fire has one but it's much bigger diameter. This thing is only 200 thou. Hard to picture.
No indication of pressure in that wordy manual either but I suppose 2k psi should be safe.
"The user is given a wrench and magazine into the bargain lol.
20231002_222043.jpg
20231002_222150.jpg

Definitely a little Shin Sung-y. Beautiful rifle.

You might want to try reaching out to this guy:

I don’t know him, but I’ve used his site to learn about my old, obscure Korean guns. He has a deep well of knowledge. If you send him these pictures he might be able to point you in the right direction.

Good luck.

Definitely a little Shin Sung-y. Beautiful rifle.

You might want to try reaching out to this guy:

I don’t know him, but I’ve used his site to learn about my old, obscure Korean guns. He has a deep well of knowledge. If you send him these pictures he might be able to point you in the right direction.

Good luck.
Excellent lead, thanks!
I dropped him an email.
Fingers crossed

The end of the gun looks a whole bunch like the old ARS-AR6 which had a fill setup that fastened onto the end of a scuba tank. It had a probe or probe like projection that you pressed the gun down onto. The filling assembly fit the scuba tank and had feet on it which you then laid the tank in the floor with probe sticking straight up. You held the rifle vertical with the muzzle down and pushed it downwards onto the probe, barb or whatever it was called. Maybe some of the Korean rifle collectors can find you a photo.

That is a very unique rifle that you've found, I've not seen another like it.

Reactions: maxtrouble
This is just a wild guess, but I have a couple of old airguns that use green gas propellant, like some airsoft guns use. They have tiny fill ports and charging them is like charging a butane lighter. The port size is very similar to the size of the small hole on the muzzle end of the tube under the barrel. Interesting gun indeed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lobi
Well it say pressurize by pushing the lever up and down. I suppose it acts like a pump???
When I read that I got out of bed to go inspect it again. Tried pumping it, nothing. The lever pulls back the hammer to engage it with the sear and trigger releases it to hit the valve stem.
@Northwoods22 , you might have something there. A proprietary filing bottle might have been used. If obsolete it goes from a shooter to a collectable. Someone more daring and skilled than myself could convert it I suppose.
Hoping the Korean Air gun guru fokkemol can shed a little light.

Reactions: JohanG
When I read that I got out of bed to go inspect it again. Tried pumping it, nothing. The lever pulls back the hammer to engage it with the sear and trigger releases it to hit the valve stem.
@Northwoods22 , you might have something there. A proprietary filing bottle might have been used. If obsolete it goes from a shooter to a collectable. Someone more daring and skilled than myself could convert it I suppose.
Hoping the Korean Air gun guru fokkemol can shed a little light.
If it uses green gas, there will be a tiny nipple type valve down in the fill port that looks like this.

You may need to shine a light down into the port to see it-

MB-VALVE-203-3L.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Lobi
The end of the gun looks a whole bunch like the old ARS-AR6 which had a fill setup that fastened onto the end of a scuba tank. It had a probe or probe like projection that you pressed the gun down onto. The filling assembly fit the scuba tank and had feet on it which you then laid the tank in the floor with probe sticking straight up. You held the rifle vertical with the muzzle down and pushed it downwards onto the probe, barb or whatever it was called. Maybe some of the Korean rifle collectors can find you a photo.

That is a very unique rifle that you've found, I've not seen another like it.

Even before seeing the charging instructions from the manual and reading Filnez's post I was thinking it charges like my first AR6 Hunting Master did, but I didn't want to try to explain it in writing. Felnez did a good job of it.(y)

However the vintage suggests it is a Co2 rifle, as I doubt Filipino gunmakers were producing PCPs in 93. I'll speculate it charged like early AR6 PCPs, but with Co2. For several reasons I'd bet it's not green gas powered.