• Please consider adding your "Event" to the Calendar located on our Home page!

What is the reason 100y air rifle is so popular?

I know my Farley won’t cover a 25m card horizontally but will at 100yds, that’s why I would like a SEB, but probably can’t afford one even if I sell mine? But I solved the horizontal issue with a crude but effective rear rest to move the rear bag in Lateral adjustments with out touching the rear bag, which I feel is essential for 25m for my shooting style! Maybe I should give my prototype to Mike and he can machine one up right! like he has nothing better to do😉 I’ll call it Chapy’s bag slider!

The height is the problem on the EBR cards at 75. They are about 4 foot tall....so you would need to cover 16” in height at 25y.

nomojo....I have enough irons in the fire right now... lol 😀

Mike...I shot the slug card with one gun, and the pellet card with another. I would just put one of those into my FT stock. Maybe tomorrow....I’m way too tired, and it’s way too windy.

Mike

I think the popularity of 100yd Br is the YouTube exposure of the “big name“ shooters pushed by the Manufacturers to sell products they produce or are associated with and When you see million dollar homes rented out every yr. by Said manufacturers it’s appealing and people want to emulate these shooters “what wins on Sunday sells on Monday” and the manufacturers know this! I think there will be a resurgence in 25m, it’s getting more exposure as well, Much more difficult than most believe, more local matches and you don't have to rely on two or three big events a year to Compete, anyone can purchase sanctioned Usarb targets and hold local “For fun” Br matches in your backyard if you wish, not much difference than local “for fun” FT matches! Sparks more competitive tendencies if you know what I mean..

I also meant to add in above post That COVID has put a real damper on all disciplines, but feel it’s hurt the long range shooters the most? They only have 3 long range events a year and all are centered around dealer/manufacturers Promotion, with no parent sanctioning organization or common rules? I feel the “True” 100yd competitor’s Would do themselves a favor by setting up a sanctioning body, and not rely on three or so events a yr.! Maybe the USARB should open a division for 100yd Br? that way these “True“ competitors Won’t be driven by “YouTube cameos“ or $10,000 Prizes! Granted I lean toward short range 25m-50yd sanctioned events so I admit my bias for this type of competition! Strever R.A.W. doesn’t make the BM model anymore? haven’t been to the website for awhile obviously? Another reason to buy a Thomas😉

1592318063_18575561645ee8d86f08c064.89366868.jpeg
1592318064_19744967735ee8d8705e1e77.67845652.jpeg
1592318065_7243243125ee8d8713b8da5.41716611.jpeg
Here you go...2 cards shot 15 minutes ago at 100y from FT sitting position. Wind was actually pretty steady at 4-5...which was nice.

For information purposes...my pulse was 60-62 and I could hold the crosshair inside the 10 ring as long as I wanted. The only movement is a slight pulse bounce that I’m used to dealing with. The gun shot about 4 clicks lower than it did off the bench. It took me 10 minutes or so to get things rezeroed. I varied my hold about an inch depending on how the wind looked on the tails.

Im sure someone will cry bullpoop, but that’s OK. I have shot in the 740s outdoors from sitting FT position many times at 25m. I can shoot 750s indoors from sitting position at 25y. Holding still is not a problem for me.

Mike

Mike, I've see your indoor results sitting in FT position. You are a shooting machine. Awesome shooting at the 100 mark! Dang, you can shoot better seated in FT discipline than I can from the bench! LOL

Fuss, 

Stole the words right out of my mouth! I can’t even cross my legs and sit down like Mike does in this picture, and this is even with no gun in my arms. 😂

Too many knee operations have limited my mobility over the years. 

Nice shooting Mike.