• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What is the real difference between the 392 and 392s?

I have been looking at getting a new 392s, but I was recently made an offer that I might not be able to refuse by a forum member. A used 392 for a good price. So what I want to know is other than the wood VS synthetic stock and the 8 VS 10 pumps, what is the real difference in the two guns? I'm OK with either stock, as I plan on scoping it anyway, so does the two additional pumps make that much of a difference?

Don

I have a 1959 Blue Streak that I need to rebuild and recently got a 392S from Baker. The literature on the new 392 says 8 pumps just like the older one. The differences are obviously the synthetic stock, different safely placement compared to the '59 and different trigger feel. The comb on the new 392 is way higher making a scope almost a necessity.

Back to the pump question: Both models state 8 pumps on the literature. I have seen videos where the OP states 10 pumps and even pumps it up 10 times however I still think the factory states 8 pumps and I doubt that not much is gained by going from 8-10. It could also put too much stress on the seals but just my opinion . If someone has literature on the 392 that says 10 pumps I would like to hear of it. For the money it is a very good gun but getting groups with my old 73 year old arms is a workout. However, one or two shots at a time is a piece of cake..

I have a 1959 Blue Streak that I need to rebuild and recently got a 392S from Baker. The literature on the new 392 says 8 pumps just like the older one. The differences are obviously the synthetic stock, different safely placement compared to the '59 and different trigger feel. The comb on the new 392 is way higher making a scope almost a necessity.

Back to the pump question: Both models state 8 pumps on the literature. I have seen videos where the OP states 10 pumps and even pumps it up 10 times however I still think the factory states 8 pumps and I doubt that not much is gained by going from 8-10. It could also put too much stress on the seals but just my opinion . If someone has literature on the 392 that says 10 pumps I would like to hear of it. For the money it is a very good gun but getting groups with my old 73 year old arms is a workout. However, one or two shots at a time is a piece of cake..

I haven't seen anything in writing, but all the advertising I see on the "s" states 10. *IF* for some reason I don't get the 392 from the forum like I plan, then I'll get a new "s" and find out for sure.

Don

There is a vid somewhere where a 392 was tested at different pumps between 2-8 and the fps after 5 pumps was only 1-5 fps higher per pump if I can remember so the comment here about only gaining a couple fps after so many pumps was correct. Up close at about 5-7 yds I have killed squirrels on a chest shot with 4 pumps. They only ran about 4'. If I am 10+ yds I usually do 5 pumps and then go to 6 pumps. I figure If 6 will not get the job done than 8 or higher will not make a large difference. I do not however shoot more than about 17 yds. max. If I had to do more than that routinely then would get my Zbroia PCP out.