• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What is the most popular type of gun case

I want to protect a pcp air rifle while transporting it to a practice range or a hunting area. What type of case do you use and are satisfied with? I have been considering the Savior Patriot Single Rifle with scope case. Would you recommend a different soft case or do you prefer a hard case? I don't need a double rifle case, or one that offers more storage than is practical for an air rifle. I thank you in advance for your recommendations.

I use the cases the guns came in usually a hard case for transport although they is a bit on the bulky side they still protect the guns quite well. I have purchased cheap hardcases and a bit better softcases for my other guns as well. If I need more room during transport I can substitute a soft case or two. I use both types of cases and really have no preference as I know they are not going to be treated too rough. Rough treatment calls for a good hard case though.

I like the cheapo semi-hard plastic cases. I used to buy the Flambeau and still would if I find them on sale, but I have switched to other cheap brands like Pro Max after Flambeau prices went up. I don't trust my large scopes to hold POI banging around in a $15 floppy soft case, but I use one for the wife's cheap springer. If I were to put a gun in an airline cargo situation, I would pop for a $100 Harbor Freight case, but I never bring a gun on a plane.

ePlano and Harbor Freight Tolls are affordable rigid cases.

I own a pricey SKB Double case for air travel. SKB covers contents with a insurance policy covering most kits.

Southwest airlines broke a corner off mine. SKB sent me a new one after I shipped the broken one to them.

It also has locks that allows airport inspectors to open with their keys.

For soft cases, I like ol' fashion leather. Also pricey.

Hynzie beat me to the punch, but I was about to say that many years ago when I was moving I needed to transport and temporarily store several guns over at a friend's place. They weren't going to be tossed around by baggage handlers. I just wanted to protect them so I bought a stack of hard plastic Plano boxes with egg crate foam in them. You can still buy those on Amazon for about $25 and up from there if you want a double size case. I think I bought a bunch of doubles.