• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What is the most accurate break barrel .22 air rifle in 50y? (sweet spot between power and accuracy)

Here goes.

I do believe I’ve owned and operated every single one of the spring Piston Airgun’s on this thread, plus many many more.

When I say operated, I specifically shoot them for accuracy, usually groups at 50 yards, sometimes longer.

As you pointed out power has pain. Once you climb up to about 15 foot pounds it’s going to be much more difficult to shoot small consistent groups.

I spent an entire summer trying to shoot a 1 inch group at 100 yards with a spring piston Airgun. The main thing I learned is that power kills accuracy to a certain degree. If I’m strictly trying to shoot small groups, power definitely kills accuracy.

If I’m hunting and I’m shooting offhand, I would prefer the higher powered rifle as the recoil is much easier to manage from an offhand position. And I want flat shooting. That’s much different than what you’re asking for.

Weight is a huge advantage if your shooting from a rest at 50 yards with any gun. This is magnified and exponentially with a springer. In this scenario I would put a big fat high magnification heavy scope on the rifle, it’s going to help dampen recoil and movement.

AnRWS 52 with a big huge scope on it would be a great choice, if all you’re going to do is shoot it from a bench. All of the rifles that you’ve listed will do what you’re asking as long as you keep them fairly low powered. So an R1 would have to be D-tuned.

The only exception to all this and it’s not listed in the rifles above would be the sig.. Unfortunately it’s not in production anymore. It seems to defy the forces of nature.

If I were you, I would pick the one that appeals to me most physically. They all have a great triggers. They all have a great accuracy.

The one that’s not mentioned on this list is an old FWB 127. If I had to grab any 22 and shoot a small group it would be that one. Perfect combination of power and accuracy, pretty much exactly what you’re looking for. I think the closest you would currently find is an R9.

Mike
Thanks for sharing your knowledge.....

Tady to jde.

Věřím, že jsem vlastnil a provozoval každou jednotlivou pružinovou vzduchovku na tomto vláknu a mnoho dalších.

Když říkám operované, střílím je speciálně kvůli přesnosti, obvykle skupiny na 50 yardů, někdy i déle.

Jak jsi zdůraznil, síla má bolest. Jakmile vyšplháte na asi 15 stop liber, bude mnohem obtížnější střílet malé konzistentní skupiny.

Celé léto jsem se snažil vystřelit 1 palcovou skupinu na 100 yardů vzduchovkou s pružinovým pístem. Hlavní věc, kterou jsem se naučil, je, že síla do určité míry zabíjí přesnost. Pokud se striktně snažím střílet malé skupiny, síla rozhodně zabíjí přesnost.

Pokud lovím a střílím z ruky, preferuji pušku s vyšším výkonem, protože zpětný ráz je mnohem snazší řídit z pozice mimo ruku. A chci ploché střílení. To se hodně liší od toho, co požadujete.

Hmotnost je obrovskou výhodou při střelbě z klidu na 50 yardů s jakoukoliv zbraní. To je zvětšeno a exponenciálně pomocí pružiny. V tomto scénáři bych na pušku nasadil velký tlustý dalekohled s velkým zvětšením, pomůže to tlumit zpětný ráz a pohyb.

AnRWS 52 s velkým obrovským zaměřovačem by byla skvělá volba, pokud ho budete střílet z lavičky. Všechny pušky, které jste uvedli, udělají to, co požadujete, pokud je budete udržovat na poměrně nízkém výkonu. Takže R1 by musel být D-laděný.

Jediná výjimka z toho všeho a není uvedena ve výše uvedených puškách by byla značka.. Bohužel se již nevyrábí. Zdá se, že vzdoruje přírodním silám.

Být tebou, vybral bych si tu, která mě fyzicky láká nejvíc. Všechny mají skvělé spouštěče. Všechny mají velkou přesnost.

Ten, který v tomto seznamu není uveden, je starý FWB 127. Kdybych měl chytit nějakou 22 a zastřelit malou skupinu, byla by to ta. Perfektní kombinace výkonu a přesnosti, téměř přesně to, co hledáte. Myslím, že nejbližší, kterou byste v současné době našli, je R9.

Mike
And Mike what do you use for hunting?

Hw 80 if you could sit and cock the thing 40 times you’d be dead. I’ve cocked one few times and just way to hard.
My two week old HW80 is rapidly becoming my favorite gun. I use two hands on mine. Put the gun on my left hip, break it with right hand, reach around the stock with left and and rack it. Piece of cake. Now one handed is a different story ;-) Still trying to find a 50 yard pellet. I think it's the guy behind the guns fault though!

For me it's my HW50 tuned by Mycapt65, it's my most accurate and easiest to shoot.
5 shots at 50 yards.
jNcDsqK.jpg
How much power does your HW50 put out?

TX200.

Easiest to work on. Outstanding fit and finish. Phenomenal accuracy. Tons of aftermarket support as far as springers go. I've owned pretty much all of the guns you listed and always had the best luck accuracy wise with TX's. The Diana 48/52/54 can be pushed the hardest power wise. I think they give a lot up to the TX200 and HW's when you push them too hard.

HW's are great (shot an HW85 competitively for years) but I always gelled much better with AA guns. The form factor and fit and finish cannot really be compared - TX wins hands down. The TX stock always works much, much better for me than the HW and Diana offerings. The Walther LGU/LGV should also be in this convo.

What you'll find when you ask these sorts of questions is "they're all great, but I LIKE _____ the most". Springers are pretty spiritual and highly subjective. You've gotta shoot a lot of them before you really can start to say what you like and don't like definitively IMO.
TX are great guns, but they are not break barrels.

For me I hunt almost exclusively with the Sig asp20, sometimes my T05 D48. In PR I hunt mostly with my xisico clone d35, and RARELY my r9.
I don’t hunt anything exclusively. I keep a 20 caliber Theoben always handy in case of need. If I had to choose one to hunt squirrels with, it would be the Sigg in 177.

I could probably shoot the smallest group with that Sig also. I shot a group over just over an inch at 100 yards.

Mike

I don’t hunt anything exclusively. I keep a 20 caliber Theoben always handy in case of need. If I had to choose one to hunt squirrels with, it would be the Sigg in 177.

I could probably shoot the smallest group with that Sig also. I shot a group over just over an inch at 100 yards.

Mike
Agreed. My sig in .177 has been a fantastic squirrel gun...far too many to count at this point!!

Reactions: Ondra
Absolutely love that 80 above, but if talking the most accurate .22 in line with the OP….I thought you would all know…..Of course its the Diana 54 (Air King Pro) with its semi recoiless slide action in the stock.
I am not saying it is the best rifle…I for one are not keen on the bulky stock and the additional weight of the sidelever mechanics, preferring the more simple break barrel 80, but if talking out and out accuracy and FT wins, the 54 is pretty unmatched in the .22 ….I think Hector Medinas favourite along with a few other of the top names in FT.
50 yard and even 60 yard one holers…4 major championships wins in springer class….
A few of the top shots conceding it probably was down to the rifles ride the rails action…if you can mange the weight.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ondra
Noooo, I need just the one...
Said no springer owner ever! Springers are like golf clubs. One is not enough, you need a variety. I typically bring four different springers with me and shoot each one for an hour. What a hoot. The problem is deciding WHICH four springers! There are dice involved.