• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

What is the most accurate break barrel .22 air rifle in 50y? (sweet spot between power and accuracy)

TX200.

Easiest to work on. Outstanding fit and finish. Phenomenal accuracy. Tons of aftermarket support as far as springers go. I've owned pretty much all of the guns you listed and always had the best luck accuracy wise with TX's. The Diana 48/52/54 can be pushed the hardest power wise. I think they give a lot up to the TX200 and HW's when you push them too hard.

HW's are great (shot an HW85 competitively for years) but I always gelled much better with AA guns. The form factor and fit and finish cannot really be compared - TX wins hands down. The TX stock always works much, much better for me than the HW and Diana offerings. The Walther LGU/LGV should also be in this convo.

What you'll find when you ask these sorts of questions is "they're all great, but I LIKE _____ the most". Springers are pretty spiritual and highly subjective. You've gotta shoot a lot of them before you really can start to say what you like and don't like definitively IMO.

TX200.

Easiest to work on. Outstanding fit and finish. Phenomenal accuracy. Tons of aftermarket support as far as springers go. I've owned pretty much all of the guns you listed and always had the best luck accuracy wise with TX's. The Diana 48/52/54 can be pushed the hardest power wise. I think they give a lot up to the TX200 and HW's when you push them too hard.

HW's are great (shot an HW85 competitively for years) but I always gelled much better with AA guns. The form factor and fit and finish cannot really be compared - TX wins hands down. The TX stock always works much, much better for me than the HW and Diana offerings. The Walther LGU/LGV should also be in this convo.

What you'll find when you ask these sorts of questions is "they're all great, but I LIKE _____ the most". Springers are pretty spiritual and highly subjective. You've gotta shoot a lot of them before you really can start to say what you like and don't like definitively IMO.
Thanks a lot, that sounds like big LOVE:) What power do you have? 14Ftlbs?

Last edited:
HW97K in .22 with a Vortek PG4 HO kit and piston seal. 17ftlbs and under an inch at 50yds all day, with most groups closer to half inch, and more than a few well under half inch. Great gun but not quite as easy to tune as a TX200. Still pretty easy though once you've been in there a couple

HW97 is not a breakbarrel

Reactions: Mycapt65
The HW90 is pretty well regarded as Weihrauchs WORST rifle but with the gauge and reducing piston pressure can be tamed pretty well. I'm willing to bet most people wouldn't actually recommend one because most people don't actually have one. Truethfully I do want one but it isn't really top of my list right now.

As far as the 80 is concerned, it is a great gun but its not going to keep up with a tuned 97K. The new SLK may do really really well though with the 3.5" shorter barrel but I can't confirm that YET. That gun is 100% on my list.

Reactions: Nico5999 and Ondra
The HW90 is pretty well regarded as Weihrauchs WORST rifle but with the gauge and reducing piston pressure can be tamed pretty well. I'm willing to bet most people wouldn't actually recommend one because most people don't actually have one. Truethfully I do want one but it isn't really top of my list right now.

As far as the 80 is concerned, it is a great gun but its not going to keep up with a tuned 97K. The new SLK may do really really well though with the 3.5" shorter barrel but I can't confirm that YET. That gun is 100% on my list.
Great info, thanks a lot!

I have a new FWB Sport and it will outshoot my HW 98 any day, and the 98 is good,
Thats a good note to add. My FWB Sport outshoots my HW95 as well. Its a darn good gun @ 14fpe. It also shoulders a bit better and has much cleaner irons. Looks wise I think the Sport tops the 95 Luxus but I know thats a controversial thing to say. I love the way it looks.

Reactions: jkingrph and Ondra