What is the most accurate airgun in todays market?

Accurate or Precision?......Accurate IMO just means hitting your intended target, within reason. Called " Acceptable Accuracy".....Precision on the other hand, hitting your target time and time again (POA/POI) with your shot groups being as small as possible. In these pics I was shooting my .25 Caliber SK-19 @ 100 Yds. 10 shots each.

Screenshot_20210810-172713_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20210810-172648_Photos.jpg
20210823_232554.jpg

Last edited:
Accurate or Precision?......Accurate IMO just means hitting your intended target, within reason. Called " Acceptable Accuracy".....Precision on the other hand, hitting your target time and time again (POA/POI) with your shot groups being as small as possible. In these pics I was shooting my .25 Caliber SK-19 @ 100 Yds. 10 shots each.

View attachment 293558

View attachment 293559View attachment 293563
Arkansas airgunner- that is very impressive coming from a gun with jolt

Reactions: Arkansas_Airgunner
10 meter is nothing this day and age. If a airgun can't do hole in hole 10 meter than it's trash imo. Can those so call 10 meter also do hole in hole at 50 and 100? I dont think so.

I agree to a point its also the shooter. But its mostly it is the gun. Give a marauder to the best elite shooter, will it compete with someone with a impact at 100 yards? I dont think so.
WTF? Dude, aren't YOU the one who asked for HIS opinion? You really shouldn't bother to ask if you already have an answer you want to hear.

The tool for the job is only as good as the person using it. No gun will make you more accurate if you don't train
Actually the gun will make all the difference. Give a marauder to the best sniper in the world and shoot at 100 yards. Then give a impact to a normal guy off the street. Both shooting at 100 yards. The guy with the impact will make the tightest group vs the elite snipe with 20 plus years of experience. Fun fact.
The most accurate airgun is the one being shot by someone who knows what he/she is doing and knows his/her rifle. It doesn't matter what kind of airgun it is.
As stated above, it doesn't matter how good you are. If you are shooting a crap gun, it will group like crap. So idk why ppl still think the shooter makes the gun accurate. A marauder in the hands of a pro will never win against a guy with less experience with an impact or daystate. You don't see the pros bring a marauder or averager to bench rest competition do you? Why not, if you say its the shooter then it doesnt matter what gun they bring they win right? No. Its the gun, that is why most are using fx impact, crown, daystate, etc.
WTF? Dude, aren't YOU the one who asked for HIS opinion? You really shouldn't bother to ask if you already have an answer you want to hear.
I am asking what is the most accurate airgun so I can look into buying a new gun. Own an fx impact, it is accurate but im sure there are guns as accurate or better. As for the 10 yard, that is nothing. My marauder does hole in hole at 10 yards and its a budget gun. Once you stretch it out, the group will open up.

Actually the gun will make all the difference. Give a marauder to the best sniper in the world and shoot at 100 yards. Then give a impact to a normal guy off the street. Both shooting at 100 yards. The guy with the impact will make the tightest group vs the elite snipe with 20 plus years of experience. Fun fact.
In your dreams. There is no substitute for a good marksman. What you are saying presumes a calm day at a known range and two perfect marksmen. Reality has a way of getting in the way. Winds blow. Ranges have to be estimated and even the best shooter drops a shot now and then. Almost any rifle will out shoot almost any shooter. FUN FACT.
As stated above, it doesn't matter how good you are. If you are shooting a crap gun, it will group like crap. So idk why ppl still think the shooter makes the gun accurate. A marauder in the hands of a pro will never win against a guy with less experience with an impact or daystate.
AS stated above, by whom? You looking in a mirror? There are plenty of people on this forum who will disagree with you. This may be YOUR experience talking, you know?
I am asking what is the most accurate airgun so I can look into buying a new gun. Own an fx impact, it is accurate but im sure there are guns as accurate or better. As for the 10 yard, that is nothing. My marauder does hole in hole at 10 yards and its a budget gun. Once you stretch it out, the group will open up.
AS stated above... There is NO SUBSTITUTE for a good marksman... To that I will add, you can't buy skill. You went there. But hey, if you really believe what you are claiming. Go buy a Thomas. Mike makes them look like they are the most accurate you can buy at any price... oh wait... MIKE MAKES THEM LOOK LIKE THAT. At his level it is all about the shooter. I would probably only make one of his fine rifles look average or worse.

Capiche?

Last edited:
In your dreams. There is no substitute for a good marksman.

AS stated above, by whom? You looking in a mirror? There are plenty of people on this forum who will disagree with you. This may be YOUR experience talking, you know?

AS stated above... There is NO SUBSTITUTE for a good marksman... To that I will add, you can't buy skill. You went there. But hey, if you really believe what you are claiming. Go buy a Thomas. Mike makes them look like they are the most accurate you can buy at any price... oh wait... MIKE MAKES THEM LOOK LIKE THAT. At his level it is all about the shooter. I would probably only make one of his fine rifles look average or worse.

Capiche?
Please tell me why in the EBR no one brings a marauder, avenger, gauntlet, gamo whisper, hatsan, etc? If mikes makes them shoot accurate he should bring it to 2022 EBR and make a marauder take 1st place. Lol.
Here are the results from 2018 EBR. People are winning with brocock, fx, and daystate. I do not see any marauder on the list. The pros knows a marauder or any low budget guns will never come close no matter how skill you are. Thats just fact.

Screenshot_20220930-150106_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: BassMan
Please tell me why in the EBR no one brings a marauder, avenger, gauntlet, gamo whisper, hatsan, etc? If mikes makes them shoot accurate he should bring it to 2022 EBR and make a marauder take 1st place. Lol.
Here are the results from 2018 EBR. People are winning with brocock, fx, and daystate. I do not see any marauder on the list. The pros knows a marauder or any low budget guns will never come close no matter how skill you are. Thats just fact.

View attachment 293694
No problem. They don't bring a Marauder or a Gauntlet because they are competing against world class shooters who bring world class rifles to the match. Any one of those guys at the bottom of the list could make you or I look like a clown while we shot a Thomas or a Daystate against them while they shot a Marauder or a Gauntlet. That's why. For the pros it is about who they are competing against, not what they brought to the table.

Like I said you are making some bad assumptions. You assume all shooters are equally skillful. They aren't. You assume the rifle makes the shooter, it doesn't. You assume the wind does not blow or that all shooters can dope the wind perfectly. It does. They can't. You assume that every target is at the same range all the time. They aren't.

You assume perfect conditions with perfect competitors. Conditions are never perfect and competitors ALWAYS make mistakes.

I could almost promise you, Mike N, could beat me shooting my HW110 while I was shooting one of his fine bench rifles (or a Daystate, or a RAW) at 50 yards. He is amazing at doping wind. Me, not so much...

You can't buy skill. If you could every match would be won by the guy with the most money.

** NOTE ** What rifle took that match?

Last edited:
Reactions: SupremaRatio
To the original poster, I respect your opinion, and I will respectfully disagree with your reasoning and respectfully say you do not know what you are saying. I have been training and shooting for a VERY LONG TIME with great emphasis on the "way" and "art" of a precise shot, and let me tell you accuracy is not found in bench rest shooting, in my experience. I shoot offhand. I own a couple and have shot a few high-end PCPs. And in the over-twenty-two years of pratice I can confidently stand by what I've said. My advice to you, respectfully: make an effort to keep practicing--with key focus on analyzing your technique and how it affects every shot.

Respectfully, cheers!😉

Reactions: MikeAndrews
Agree with all of the above. I think the better question would’ve been with gun clamped down to avoid all shooter error, and choice Ammo used along with indoor no wind conditions, which platform would prove the most accurate?

That’s gonna be a tough one to answer for sure
I think this is what the original poster was trying to say.

This question really hurt my head. Honestly I don't know and I'm talking my own guns which is alot.
For example I was shooting my . 25 Fx Crown at 50 yards and really dialed it in. My wife asked to try and never shot the gun before and her groups were even tighter. WTF. So I would say a combination of things. It would be alot easier saying which gun shoots the worst.

This question really hurt my head. Honestly I don't know and I'm talking my own guns which is alot.
For example I was shooting my . 25 Fx Crown at 50 yards and really dialed it in. My wife asked to try and never shot the gun before and her groups were even tighter. WTF. So I would say a combination of things. It would be alot easier saying which gun shoots the worst.
LOL, that's actually pretty common. I read somewhere that women are better shooters because they don't have the male attitude of thinking they know it all when it comes to guns and shooting and will actually listen to and follow directions. My 10 year old granddaughter can already shoot as good if not better than me!

Reactions: Mickshooter
If you want to shoot a good score or a small group at 100 yards (or even 50) and there is even 5 mph of variable wind, your ability to read and adjust to the wind will be more important than your rifle. If you want to see how much wind will move your projectile at different speeds and angles play with chairgun. It will not be completely accurate for your gun and projectile but it will give you a pretty good idea what to expect.
Even at 40 yards... and for that matter, 30 yards if the wind is strong and close to the shooter/muzzle. The sooner the wind affects the pellet(s) after leaving the muzzle, the harder it is to judge wind effect and the more effect it has on POI. ;)

Reactions: OldSpook