What is the most accurate airgun in todays market?

This is the factory test target for my Anschutz 9015 Benchrest 10 meter gun. I shoot 10 meter & 50 ft benchrest match with it.

IMG_5554.JPG

IMG_5539.JPG

There's "accuracy" which is putting projectiles where intended, and then there's "precision" which is the size of how ever many projectiles at whatever distance/s are going into a group.

A gun shot by a person which has many shots that are in the intended highest score on a paper target as well as into a small group is the ultimate combo of both accuracy and precision.

Thomas Air Rifles gets my vote as far as airguns go especially if Mike N is the shooter.

Take a look in the Benchrest forum.

Reactions: shamu
I see on this forum is mostly fx impacts. Is that the most accurate gun or something? Are there other guns more accurate? What i mean by accurate is a gun that can put hole in hole over and over again. Aka the smallest group size at certain distance. What's the most accurate airgun you know?
For shooting targets at 100 yards or less, for the average air gun owner, and for a price that is reasonable ( and reasonable may not be the correct word ) in today's market I would say RAW and Thomas should be considered.

ThomasT

I don't own a premium PCP gun....yet....but I am reading that some makes do not hold their POI very well, from one day to the next and sometimes even the same day, and others do. I also think I read that depending on the design, bumping the barrel against something hard can mess up your zero, but I couldn't recall where I read that. I haven't made any notes as to which model or models do hold their POI the best, but if there is one or more that do, they will be at the top of my want list when I am ready to drop $2K+ on something.

How about categorize it?

1. Competition (10m) rifles
2. Springers/Gas Piston
3. .177-.25 cal PCP
4. Big bore PCP .30 cal and up

I lack experience with sufficient airguns to state anything beyond what I own and I KNOW there is far better stuff out there than most of what I have.

I would say in the springer category the HW95/R9 is pretty well up there. I have the R9 and having a great time learning how to get better with it.

Regards, Badger

accurate for what style ?

Morini 162E pellet on pellet @ 5,3 fpe .177 @ 10 meters
10 meter is nothing this day and age. If a airgun can't do hole in hole 10 meter than it's trash imo. Can those so call 10 meter also do hole in hole at 50 and 100? I dont think so.
The one being shot by the better marksman ... He/She who controls the gun is paramount !!!
Premium guns are all very similar in accuracy "Potential"
I agree to a point its also the shooter. But its mostly it is the gun. Give a marauder to the best elite shooter, will it compete with someone with a impact at 100 yards? I dont think so.

10 meter is nothing this day and age. If a airgun can't do hole in hole 10 meter than it's trash imo. Can those so call 10 meter also do hole in hole at 50 and 100? I dont think so.

I agree to a point its also the shooter. But its mostly it is the gun. Give a marauder to the best elite shooter, will it compete with someone with a impact at 100 yards? I dont think so.
I think Motorhead could easily put this to rest.

Patrick

I don’t think you’re asking the right question. The most accurate rifle depends on what you plan to do with it. Hunting is one thing but 10 meter or other target shooting is very different. At a 10 meter match a few weeks ago I shot my Beeman 2078A target rifle and got my butt kicked by a bunch of better prepared shooters who were using high end rifles and had clearly practiced quite a lot. One hole groups were common. Any of them could have easily picked up my rifle and still outshot me. So question one is what do you want to do with it? Next question is how much time and work are you willing to put in? Third question, what is your budget? My Beeman was about $250 new and can be used for any number of applications from match shooting to hunting, pesting and more. Many of those match rifles were $4,000 and up, accurate, and shot superbly but very heavy and would be miserable to carry around the woods. So do your research, decide what you want and decide what you DON’T want. It’s a lot of fun and that’s the important part.

Rick H.

Reactions: BackStop
If you want to shoot a good score or a small group at 100 yards (or even 50) and there is even 5 mph of variable wind, your ability to read and adjust to the wind will be more important than your rifle. If you want to see how much wind will move your projectile at different speeds and angles play with chairgun. It will not be completely accurate for your gun and projectile but it will give you a pretty good idea what to expect.