N/A What is the longest shot you have taken on game

You do realize the search feature works VERY well here right? Its usually a good idea to try it vs spamming many similar or related posts. It gives you a chance to utilize the extensive information thats already here, get a deeper understanding, and ask more informed and detailed questions.

For instance I recently posted a question regarding a Sightron scope and why it was so well liked for hunter field target. Prior to posting that question, I looked through the various posts regarding the sightron and its suggested uses.

I understand your excitement with a new hobby. However taking some time to look through the information already here will help you alot

142 yards on a whitetail doe in Georgia. A double lung complete pass through two holes using my custom designed and cast 320 grain solid wide nose metplat bullets in my Texan .457 CF TX2. Rifle is completely stock with no modifications. 80% of my shots are between 120 to 142 yards on the power lines and gas lines. I do practice out to 160 yards as well 4 days a week in the off season.

For wild hogs, I am 75 yards and less but I hunt them at night so I won't go any further than that. I only do head shots on hogs as I am not tracking a wounded hog at night!!

getting too darn old to drag them very far.
I park close and shoot close.
One shot to the clavicle nerve plexus is an instant off switch. Not that hard to find and hit.

Long shots are reserved for target shooting.
good hunting.

doc
Not my renderings, showing the off switch.

Screenshot_20240126-010556~2.png

It is sometimes referred to as the brachial nerve cluster or plexus. It is located in the clavicle notch.
I am not handy enough with the computer to show it on your rendering.
A google search of the name will bring up some nice diagrams, and a few articles.

The best position I have found is slightly quartering towards you, facing almost at you.
It works very well. I crumpled two deer this season with the Western bushbuck carbine in .45 cal.

good hunting.

Doc