• The AGN App is ready! Search "Airgun Nation" in your App store. To compliment this new tech we've assigned the "Threads" Feed & "Dark" Mode. To revert back click HERE.

Hatsan What is the diameter of the transfer port on the Hatsan 125 FAC and have you seen anything this unusual?

This one in my case is 3.5 mm, and somewhere it is stated that 4 mm is for caliber 5.5 mm or .22 ... 20231002_134122_043142.jpg20231002_133814_042345.jpg20231002_133421_042639.jpg20231002_133358_042807.jpg20231002_133431_042725.jpg

It should not have a removable Allen screw port. Someone has done this attempting something they know nothing about.
.154 is usually the norm with .25 cal , and long stroke. Short stroked 30 mm tubes are smaller, unless piston work is done The threads are leaking on that set up. 100%,
unless you have used 680 retainer or such.. which it appears that it comes right out.
slamming and poor shot cycle will be your reward

Its extremely odd. . That being said production runs can change
HATSAN is not the highest of quality
Did they give you a few port sizes
if so ,they should have recommendations
If not then I’d use loctite 680 or638 to seal that in. Threads leak

I’ve never seen a transfer port that was removable from any manufacture.

It should not have a removable Allen screw port. Someone has done this attempting something they know nothing about.
.154 is usually the norm with .25 cal , and long stroke. Short stroked 30 mm tubes are smaller, unless piston work is done The threads are leaking on that set up. 100%,
unless you have used 680 retainer or such.. which it appears that it comes right out.
slamming and poor shot cycle will be your reward
The insert is 4 mm and the transfer port on the cylinder/compression chamber is 3.5 mm, which is illogical in my opinion. Are you sure it's the correct .154 because they can only use say 3.9 or 4mm drills, I doubt they use non-metric drills.

3.9mm is 0.1535433 inches, so rounding off gives 0.154.
AGR, didn't John Whiscombe make a gun with a changeable transfer port?
He did indeed. If I’m not mistaken, they were a threaded design
I have made some for testing and it’s nothing but potential leaks. I’m sure John Whiscomb found a way with super fine threads and maybe a tapered pipe thread that seals as it tightens.. The other issue is the port lenth needed to do it.

If I was a betting man,those older Hatsaan tubes were designed for lower sub FAC guns and they were trying somehow to reuse them.. sadly, No insult intended.. HATSAN quality is weak and saving money is I’m sure a priority. So reusing at any attempt… unless it’s a advertised feature they are now implementing in print. .I’d say it’s a oddball happening run.

kinda like when HATSAN acquired all of the left over Webley parts and made bastard Tommy’s and Longbows ,Patriots with some Uk parts and some of theirs.

I have tuned a lot of Hatsan’s. They are a solid well designed (by Webley) airgun. Quality is a crap shoot. Probably a loosing proposition anymore. I’ve never seen this threaded port. I question if someone experimented on their gun and then returned it through a new one. It would be easy for Hatsan or a distributor to miss.

Reactions: SpiralGroove
Could it be they did this to use different tranfer port sizes for different calibers?

Also leaking might not occur if the jet or insert and the comp tube has matching tapered seats. It's hard to tell with these pictures.

Transfer ports is something I fear playing with but occasionally I consider it.
I thought/wondered the same thing. In an attempt to save manufacturing time and ability to switch calibers, maybe Hatsan has now incorporated this in their line.

He did indeed. If I’m not mistaken, they were a threaded design
I have made some for testing and it’s nothing but potential leaks. I’m sure John Whiscomb found a way with super fine threads and maybe a tapered pipe thread that seals as it tightens.. The other issue is the port lenth needed to do it.

If I was a betting man,those older Hatsaan tubes were designed for lower sub FAC guns and they were trying somehow to reuse them.. sadly, No insult intended.. HATSAN quality is weak and saving money is I’m sure a priority. So reusing at any attempt… unless it’s a advertised feature they are now implementing in print. .I’d say it’s a oddball happening run.

kinda like when HATSAN acquired all of the left over Webley parts and made bastard Tommy’s and Longbows ,Patriots with some Uk parts and some of theirs.
What does it matter if it leaks if the breech seal on the barrel ID is 9mm?

Could it be they did this to use different tranfer port sizes for different calibers?

Also leaking might not occur if the jet or insert and the comp tube has matching tapered seats. It's hard to tell with these pictures.

Transfer ports is something I fear playing with but occasionally I consider it.
Looks like a “Yep”! One size fits all. Another Hatsan dumb idea. The Turks are making some really fine guns these days. And their economy is so bad that it makes their products even cheaper for us and around the world. Hatsan is the kind of company that hurts the Turkish brand. They could be making these “Webley designed“ airguns as good as the Brits did. And have a solid foothold in the market. They obviously have chosen to compete with the Chinese and not the Germans. Really Sad.

Reactions: fishing43
C.ool thing. Those interchangeable pressure nozzles.
I made the very same, drilling out M6 grub screws with 2.5 to 3.8 mm holes to insert into the HW80.
But at widening the original TP I stopped at 3.3 (not much of a difference there) and 3.9 mm to test intermediately and find out that those 3.9 mm are for no good and the original 3 mm seemed to do best.
So I didn't continue till 5 mm (to machine out the M6 threads) but reduced the 3.9 mm back to 3.0 mm by pressing in the proper brass tubelet.
Maybe anyone has already thought about altering the TP diameter size. Usually not too much to gain there. Quite the opposite, the Diana TPs of 4 mm do better when reduced to 3 mm as well in terms of piston slam, shooting consistency and pellet speed
Doubt that the 0.25 calibre needs a larger TP diameter than the smaller caliber.

By the way what stroke length has the 135/ Webley Patriot?

Last edited:
Dennis Quackenbush made transfer ports that were sealed with a O rings and he used a set screw to lock them in place. A Link below is a great article
Typically I found 4mm transfer port on Hatsan 125 135 models and I have reduced it at times to just over 3.5mm
With hatsan you get what you get with no rime or reason. I saw a new 125 in the Netherlands come with a whole new barrel block to fork lock up design which was about time, but I have not seen it since anywhere else !

Last edited: