• *Effective 3/27/2024 - The discussion of the creation, fabrication, or modification of airgun moderators is prohibited. The discussion of any "adapters" used to convert an airgun moderator to a firearm silencer will result in immediate termination of the account.*

What is the correct moderator thread for my barrel?

I have a Taipan Veteran gen1 and I'm replacing the barrel with the CZ 700mm barrel for the Taipan. I have the DonnyFL Koi 1/2 x 20 threaded directly on the barrel without the stock shroud. Talon Tunes advertised the barrel as for the Taipan Veteran but he sent me the one meant for the Veteran 2. I can tell because the flat spots for the wrech are on the muzzle side instead of the breach side. The issue I'm having is the threads for the moderator is too big. I measured the diameter at the threads and it's 15mm. Which endcaps are for this size threads?

Thank you for the reply! Good news is Talon Tunes said he will check if he has the proper barrel in stock and if not, he will refund me. I was considering keeping it at one point and getting an adapter but I've decided to get one that actually fits my gun properly. I really like the moderator directly threaded on the barrel.

Also, I'm not sure if the Veteran 2 barrel uses an o-ring at the breach block but when I tried to install it as such like the original, the o-ring binds up against the breach block.

Thank you for the reply! Good news is Talon Tunes said he will check if he has the proper barrel in stock and if not, he will refund me. I was considering keeping it at one point and getting an adapter but I've decided to get one that actually fits my gun properly. I really like the moderator directly threaded on the barrel.

Also, I'm not sure if the Veteran 2 barrel uses an o-ring at the breach block but when I tried to install it as such like the original, the o-ring binds up against the breach block.
They are different. You are wise to get the correct one from Tony. Not try to frankenstien the vet 2 barrel to the vet 1 block.

Reactions: MushroomPsyche
They are different. You are wise to get the correct one from Tony. Not try to frankenstien the vet 2 barrel to the vet 1 block.
I emailed Taipan and was told that the threads are M15 x 1.25. After I informed Talon Tunes of the incorrect barrel, he updated his website to say that the barrel fits only the Veteran 2, although his listing says M16 x 1.5 threads. I'm inclined to believe what Taipan has told me directly. In either case, M15 or M16, not common moderator threads for airguns. Taipan also told me that they are releasing an adapter later on to step the M15 threads down to UNF. Why they even got rid of the UNF in the first place, I don't understand.

I emailed Taipan and was told that the threads are M15 x 1.25. After I informed Talon Tunes of the incorrect barrel, he updated his website to say that the barrel fits only the Veteran 2, although his listing says M16 x 1.5 threads. I'm inclined to believe what Taipan has told me directly. In either case, M15 or M16, not common moderator threads for airguns. Taipan also told me that they are releasing an adapter later on to step the M15 threads down to UNF. Why they even got rid of the UNF in the first place, I don't understand.
They wanted customers to use the factory issue.