What is the best Semi-Auto Airgun?

I own a couple of Leshiy 2's and an SK-19. I have owned a Steyr Pro-X. The L2 is the semi for me. Solid, reliable, just works. I don't understand the hate for the SK-19 trigger (it's different, not bad) but it's still not the rock-solid performer that the Leshiy 2 is. Where the SK-19 is kind of a fussy gun - one I'd recommend only to "advanced"* shooters, the L2 is an easy going reliable every day shooter.

I haven't yet had the pleasure of playing with a Huben. I'm waiting for things to shake out a bit before I bite. Sounds like there are some issues to work out, if, perhaps, only in quality control.

GsT

* "Advanced", in this case meaning someone who is ready, able, and willing to disassemble a relatively complex gun and replace o-rings, perhaps on a semi-regular basis.
Myself and others would like you to be more specific with the "shaking out" issues you referred to... I have a GK1 and a K1. Both are fantastic airguns. For years i stayed away from the K1 for reasons you stated. The bugs have been worked out. Im late to this party and haven't read everything yet. I seen your comment and had to speak up. Ive had the FX's and others, i actually did a deal with my FX Wildcat MK3 .30 compact to get a K1 in .25. Im damn glad i did. Ive been doing this airgunning for over 50+ years now and seen alot of changes. Most recently to be more precise. The Huben's,, especially the GK1 (thanks to Gregor K) have impressed me the most id say. So, what issues because i find none in mine, maybe im just a blessed man.

David

I just wanted to post to keep this thread going. I just purchased a K1 from another member on AGN. I have not received it. This will be my first air gun so I will be learning as I go. I was going to buy the leshiy 2 but I couldn't pass up the deal on the K1. I will report back in a week or two and let you guys know my experience. Those edguns still look really good 😎.I probably will still buy one at some point 😂. Brian and Wyatt over at Ed gun West are super nice and helpful! I will be giving them my business soon! It just made more sense for me to buy the k1 and not have to spend 5 grand to get into this hobby 😯.
Welcome aboard and glad your here. You went straight for the throat with your purchase lol. Youll love it and take your time and becareful with it. Its a very powerful airgun. It also rquires extreme caution, as any weapon does, due to the safety and hammerless design to where it shoots directly from the mag. I hope you enjoy it because it is a fantastic hobby/sport

David

Also i wasn't trying to sound like you don't know anything about guns, my bad. Its just these Huben's are powerful and advanced airguns unlike others meaning they are unique in certain aspects.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pepper418
The problem isn’t misalignment of the magazine to ports. It’s a misalignment issue of the threaded barrel adapter and barrel/shroud. I’ve shot over 3,000 rounds through my Gk1, have removed and reinstalled the shroud, used different length suppressors and have not had any clipping issues. It seems to be a rare occurrence. I’ve also owned a K1 Bullpup for 5 years and have never experienced any clipping or other issues for that matter.
Exactly my thoughts bro, and also how the heck ya doing brother? Everything cool here in Southern Missouri bro and hope all is good with ya Michael.

David

Reactions: Pale_Rider
Welcome aboard and glad your here. You went straight for the throat with your purchase lol. Youll love it and take your time and becareful with it. Its a very powerful airgun. It also rquires extreme caution, as any weapon does, due to the safety and hammerless design to where it shoots directly from the mag. I hope you enjoy it because it is a fantastic hobby/sport

David

Also i wasn't trying to sound like you don't know anything about guns, my bad. Its just these Huben's are powerful and advanced airguns unlike others meaning they are unique in certain aspects.
Thanks! I'm super excited to get the k1. I appreciate the safety concerns. You can never be too safe! I'm definitely aware of the one safety and the stupid design where the fill gauge is looking down a barrel's kind of stupid 😯. I will definitely use extreme caution when I get it and be careful. I have a pistol range on my property. I'm pretty familiar with firearms, just not air guns. The biggest reason I'm getting in this hobby is to be able to shoot without pissing my neighbors off, take care of some rodents save money on ammo and have fun! I also want to practice using a scope because I know nothing about that. I've only used iron sights lol.

Reactions: psycho62
I remember when Huben first came out I was extremely skeptical, 5000 psi fill, always coked.....my though was "no way"

then over the years you just read stellar reviews and follow a horde of extremely happy owners so you start to consider the gun.

Not being a fan of regulated guns I was never really interested on the rifle but once the pistol came out I had to give it a shot and all I can say over and over again is : WOW, this thing is just plain phenomenal, there's no need to fill to the max unless you really want because you get exceptional performance even at lower fills ( I fill my pistol to 280-300 BAR, never filled higher then that )
the fact that the gun is always on fire mode I counteract by leaving one chamber empty and rotate the cylinder so that chamber is aligned with the barrel.

If Huben down the line comes out with a Rifle/Bullpup unregulated you bet I will jump on it,....in the meantime I'm waiting for a .25 shorty pistol that is on my way from Kelly and will turm my other .25 pistol into a Mini-Carbine.

Reactions: psycho62
Thanks! I'm super excited to get the k1. I appreciate the safety concerns. You can never be too safe! I'm definitely aware of the one safety and the stupid design where the fill gauge is looking down a barrel's kind of stupid 😯. I will definitely use extreme caution when I get it and be careful. I have a pistol range on my property. I'm pretty familiar with firearms, just not air guns. The biggest reason I'm getting in this hobby is to be able to shoot without pissing my neighbors off, take care of some rodents save money on ammo and have fun! I also want to practice using a scope because I know nothing about that. I've only used iron sights lol.
Absolutely my friend, and you are so very very correct on the lack of concern about having your customers look practically down the barrel to look at your manometer. Im 62 and ive had eye surgery for cataracts and I notice improvements but im still lacking at seeing the gauge at a angle. Thats a great observation and it shows you are hip to the business lol, seriously it does. Safety is ALWAYS my first priority no matter the type of gun. Congrats on your new to you K1 buddy seriously its a fine pcp

David

Reactions: Pepper418
I remember when Huben first came out I was extremely skeptical, 5000 psi fill, always coked.....my though was "no way"

then over the years you just read stellar reviews and follow a horde of extremely happy owners so you start to consider the gun.

Not being a fan of regulated guns I was never really interested on the rifle but once the pistol came out I had to give it a shot and all I can say over and over again is : WOW, this thing is just plain phenomenal, there's no need to fill to the max unless you really want because you get exceptional performance even at lower fills ( I fill my pistol to 280-300 BAR, never filled higher then that )
the fact that the gun is always on fire mode I counteract by leaving one chamber empty and rotate the cylinder so that chamber is aligned with the barrel.

If Huben down the line comes out with a Rifle/Bullpup unregulated you bet I will jump on it,....in the meantime I'm waiting for a .25 shorty pistol that is on my way from Kelly and will turm my other .25 pistol into a Mini-Carbine.
You lucky dog, 😜 lol, you got the shorty coming, dang... just kidding ,i want one BAD..gonna end up getting one too. Ive talked to Kelly about it. Im thinking of driving to his place this summer. Hes in Missouri where im at but its still a long drive. Anyway im the same exact way i swear.. no bs i did the same thing. I remember when it came out, the K1 and i never ever had interest in it for same reasons. Of course the issues with the LW barrels also. I got a GK1 and darn near immediately got a K1 from Kelly. They are that good, without a doubt

David

Reactions: Nomadic Pirate 66
I am very good friends with @ctshooter and i see you are also only 35 minutes from me. If you wanted we could meet up and you can try the huben k1 and the leshiy 2 both of mine are in .25 but after only owning the huben for a very short time I am extremely happy with it. If you would like more detailed information or any questions don't hesitate to reach out.View attachment 326363View attachment 326364
those are such awesome air rifles, that’s the next on my list!!!!

I bet the makers of other semi airguns are crapping their pants . Seems like the Huben is far better than the other offerings . Pistol or rifle . I hope to own the GK1 someday. But , I really need to put more rounds through all of my like new airguns . Lol
I've got both a Huben and a Sidewinder and the Huben is not far better. It's biggest advantage over the Sidewinder is that it's much quieter. It also has a slightly better trigger and better looks. The Sidewinder has a number of advantages over the Huben though. It takes magazines. It has a safety where it ought to be instead of back by your shoulder and you don't have to look down the business end of it to check its pressure. It's also select fire and it's bottle fed.

Both are tack drivers and both have been completely reliable for me so far. I think they stack up pretty evenly.

Reactions: Headshots