What is the best Semi-Auto Airgun?

I have an AEA HP SS .30 that I am very happy with. Had to replace the valve pin a few months ago but it is easy to work on. I got mine for small game hunting. It's compact, lightweight and tough enough to toss around as a truck gun.

I hear AEAs new SF series is pretty good. I am currently toying with the idea of getting one of them. The SF series has a switch to go from semi to bolt action.

As for the Huban & Leshiy, I hear they are great. They are just way out of my price range. I'll have to wait for the lottery to afford one of them.

AEA is for the hobbiest that likes to tinker and is willing to put in the time with his/her toys. There is more to shooting than just pulling a trigger. A good shooter will make the gun behave and do what he wants it to do. If your just looking to punch holes in a target, the AEA will get the job done. If it's about the "look at what I've got" and never having to do anything except pull the trigger, go ahead and invest a couple grand.

In the long run, it's all about personal preference and what will make you happy.
I had two AEA guns, an HP SS .25 cal and a Challenger bullpup 50 cal. The bullpup was fantastic, never had a problem with that, The HPSS on the other hand, kept having problems. I had to send it in for repair once and then it was messing up again so I sold it. I think they're regular bolt action guns are fantastic but they seem to not know what they're doing with semi-auto. In the end I ended up replacing it with a huban K1. The cost is three to one but once you've actually fired a quality air gun like a Huban, you wouldn't want to use an AEA anymore. Yes there is more to shooting than just pulling the trigger but there's also something to be said about reliability and knowing that your guns actually going to work when you pull the trigger.

Although pricy I really like my .22 Pro x Scout. Shoots as good as I do, has great quality and feel in your hand.

Z62_1472rev.JPG

Reactions: DeviLAndy1
I just wanted to post to keep this thread going. I just purchased a K1 from another member on AGN. I have not received it. This will be my first air gun so I will be learning as I go. I was going to buy the leshiy 2 but I couldn't pass up the deal on the K1. I will report back in a week or two and let you guys know my experience. Those edguns still look really good 😎.I probably will still buy one at some point 😂. Brian and Wyatt over at Ed gun West are super nice and helpful! I will be giving them my business soon! It just made more sense for me to buy the k1 and not have to spend 5 grand to get into this hobby 😯.

Reactions: psycho62
I just wanted to post to keep this thread going. I just purchased a K1 from another member on AGN. I have not received it. This will be my first air gun so I will be learning as I go. I was going to buy the leshiy 2 but I couldn't pass up the deal on the K1. I will report back in a week or two and let you guys know my experience. Those edguns still look really good 😎.I probably will still buy one at some point 😂. Brian and Wyatt over at Ed gun West are super nice and helpful! I will be giving them my business soon! It just made more sense for me to buy the k1 and not have to spend 5 grand to get into this hobby 😯.
Every person has there likes and dislikes and it stinks sometimes but we just need to try stuff ourselves sometimes no matter what. I have owned 3 l2s not at the same time but own 0. What I do have are 2 hubens a 22 and a 25. The non removable mag is a big turn off to some but for me it holds 17 in .25 and 19 in .22 so to get that in a l2 you would need to spend another $100 per mag. Again nothing wrong just my perspective. The other things I really like about the huben is on the fly power adjustment I can go from 450fps to 1200fps on the power wheel will it win a bench competition no you still need to find a sweet spot for the barrel and ammo combo. The next is the huben is much easier to tame sound wise. Get the correct size slugs and make sure you fully seat the pellets and you will be good. Any questions reach out to us huben guys and we will be glad to help.

20231226_170507.jpg

Huben K1 .25 i got from Kelly @Kraz Cool is awesome. I haven't had a chance to stretch its legs or my GK1, both being my newest airguns. We sold our land few years ago to move to town where my doctors are. So now i just cant step on the deck and bust off a few rounds. The K1 is very hush hush for the power it has. The GK1 made my mind up on the K1. I was skeptical for years about it but they have definitely worked the bugs out from what i can tell. Ive been into airguns for around 50+ years and i can honestly say this is a first for me concerning the build, quality and overall feel of these Hubens. Im by no means a expert on pcp's, far from it but i know enough and i know these guns are very impressive and caused a stir i haven't seen in the past. Except maybe when the Marauder came out with a affordable price point.

David

The wood looks so good on your gun! I think at some point I might have to do that to mine. I got the synthetic. Yeah I'm super excited to get it. Should be a couple days. I think I might have the older version. It's kind of hard to tell. It's a 2020 the end of the year. The guy I bought it from said he bought it in 2021 and wasn't sure. He said he only shot pellets out of it only used JSB 34 grain with awesome success. Do you have recommendations on different ammo I should be trying? From what I've read, I was going to try purchasing some ASV 42 grain slugs or varmint knockers. Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Yeah I feel that all the semi-autos from the research that I've been doing have their corks. Sidewinder removable magazine but cost $200 to get a spare. And it's ugly in my opinion. Edgun only gets 8 shots with a low shot count. Plus you have to break the gun in half. For some reason I feel once I get to know the k1 I don't think it will be that hard to load. Either way you look at it. You're fumbling around with pellets. I thought the edgun was cool with the speed loader but that's also another 200 bucks lol. The adjustability of the k1 and some of the shots I've seen people take on YouTube are insane. One guy took a 500 yd shot which I didn't think an air gun can even do. That's when I was sold on the k1.

I have a Huben K1 and an LCS SK-19, the Huben is the better of the two, IMHO. The Huben is quieter and has a better trigger than The SK-19. I have also owned semi-autos from Benjamin, AEA and Evanix and the both the SK-19 and K1 are head and shoulters above the others. I bought my Huben from Kelly at Kraz Kool Airguns, so I'm not all that concerned about repairs if any are ever needed since he also services them and is a top notch guy! Now the SK-19 is another story ,since Utah Airguns dropped it from their line, I'm not sure where I'd go if it needed parts or repair.
Absolutely agree, Kelly is here in Missouri where im at but regardless,,he is top notch with the Hubens,, and a very great guy to work with. No problem at all if anything needs fixed i cant Kraz Cool can. Parts, no prob

David

I own a couple of Leshiy 2's and an SK-19. I have owned a Steyr Pro-X. The L2 is the semi for me. Solid, reliable, just works. I don't understand the hate for the SK-19 trigger (it's different, not bad) but it's still not the rock-solid performer that the Leshiy 2 is. Where the SK-19 is kind of a fussy gun - one I'd recommend only to "advanced"* shooters, the L2 is an easy going reliable every day shooter.

I haven't yet had the pleasure of playing with a Huben. I'm waiting for things to shake out a bit before I bite. Sounds like there are some issues to work out, if, perhaps, only in quality control.

GsT

* "Advanced", in this case meaning someone who is ready, able, and willing to disassemble a relatively complex gun and replace o-rings, perhaps on a semi-regular basis.

I haven't yet had the pleasure of playing with a Huben. I'm waiting for things to shake out a bit before I bite. Sounds like there are some issues to work out, if, perhaps, only in quality control.

GsT
And what are the issues you actually referring to ? .....been reading reviews of Hubens for many years now and you will be far pressed to get a bad one from the boatload of happy owners,

to me the issues I've seen are always operator related,......I had my first Huben now for a few months and can't think of anything even close to an issue.

And what are the issues you actually referring to ? .....been reading reviews of Hubens for many years now and you will be far pressed to get a bad one from the boatload of happy owners,

to me the issues I've seen are always operator related,......I had my first Huben now for a few months and can't think of anything even close to an issue.
Just this morning I was reading about misalignment of the magazine to the ports. Seems that some see it and others don't. I don't have one, so I won't swear to anything except that some people are observing problems. The aforementioned comes from this board, so it shouldn't be hard to find.

Here it is: Huben problems
As I said, no first hand experience, but I'll wait until the consensus on these is that the issue is fixed or that it's user error.

GsT

Edit: and you've commented in that thread, but never heard of any problems...?

Just this morning I was reading about misalignment of the magazine to the ports. Seems that some see it and others don't. I don't have one, so I won't swear to anything except that some people are observing problems. The aforementioned comes from this board, so it shouldn't be hard to find.

As I said, no first hand experience, but I'll wait until the consensus on these is that the issue is fixed or that it's user error.

GsT

That's it ?

1000s and 1000s of owners and stellar reviews and you hung your hat on that ?........Jeez if that's your metric for not getting or waiting to get a gun You probably would never buy anything, certainly not an FX that fills the forums with serious issues but still is the best selling brand ( high end is )

I had two AEA guns, an HP SS .25 cal and a Challenger bullpup 50 cal. The bullpup was fantastic, never had a problem with that, The HPSS on the other hand, kept having problems. I had to send it in for repair once and then it was messing up again so I sold it. I think they're regular bolt action guns are fantastic but they seem to not know what they're doing with semi-auto. In the end I ended up replacing it with a huban K1. The cost is three to one but once you've actually fired a quality air gun like a Huban, you wouldn't want to use an AEA anymore. Yes there is more to shooting than just pulling the trigger but there's also something to be said about reliability and knowing that your guns actually going to work when you pull the trigger.
Nomadic, I think you are referring to one of the aftermarket speed loading gates that had a flaw, the Huben3dparts.com version that allows you to speed load 3 at a time does not have that issue. There are no magazine issues with stock and good aftermarket speed loaders do not have an issue either.

I can attest to the Huben GK1 reliable action, accuracy, power of a rifle, and check out the link below as you can convert it to a carbine quickly so you get a pistol and mini-rifle semi all in one,

GsT

The problem isn’t misalignment of the magazine to ports. It’s a misalignment issue of the threaded barrel adapter and barrel/shroud. I’ve shot over 3,000 rounds through my Gk1, have removed and reinstalled the shroud, used different length suppressors and have not had any clipping issues. It seems to be a rare occurrence. I’ve also owned a K1 Bullpup for 5 years and have never experienced any clipping or other issues for that matter.

Nomadic, I think you are referring to one of the aftermarket speed loading gates that had a flaw, the Huben3dparts.com version that allows you to speed load 3 at a time does not have that issue. There are no magazine issues with stock and good aftermarket speed loaders do not have an issue either.

I can attest to the Huben GK1 reliable action, accuracy, power of a rifle, and check out the link below as you can convert it to a carbine quickly so you get a pistol and mini-rifle semi all in one,

I'm not the one mentioning flaws on Hubens ;)

on the contrary.

That's it ?

1000s and 1000s of owners and stellar reviews and you hung your hat on that ?........Jeez if that's your metric for not getting or waiting to get a gun You probably would never buy anything, certainly not an FX that fills the forums with serious issues but still is the best selling brand ( high end is )
Clearly I do, and have, bought guns. Sometimes rushing in to do so before I should have, hence waiting now. Point in fact, I don't own an FX - they seem awfully finicky, so I think there are better options. I already have a finicky gun (SK19). So, I've hung my hat on nothing, but I'll gladly wait a few months or even a year to see what develops.

GsT

Clearly I do, and have, bought guns. Sometimes rushing in to do so before I should have, hence waiting now. Point in fact, I don't own an FX - they seem awfully finicky, so I think there are better options. I already have a finicky gun (SK19). So, I've hung my hat on nothing, but I'll gladly wait a few months or even a year to see what develops.

GsT
Sure, that is entirely your choice but as you can see from the pretty consistent responses your fear aren't substantiated so in the end it's only your loss ;)