What is the best Semi-Auto Airgun?

I have owned and returned several semi-autos. Including a k1 and the biggest problem for me is jamming. The two I have kept are the AEA and the KalibrGun Springbok. The Springbok has never jamed but the aea I can unjam. I like the open bolt with the Springbok. I would like a styer some day. I would recommend the AEA as your first because its the best cheep one. I've got 1300 pellets through the springbok and I still love it. Even more after the reg is broken in.

Below entirely imo, of course.

1. Forget Leshiy. Huge price tag for what it is. Semi with a low magazine count equals a disability. Next to that a rather poor number of shots per fil.
And above all of course : it s an ugly a** gun.

2. Someone earlier on in this topic here, named Steyr Pro X :
Say Steyr, say Quality. With capital Q. This quality however comes at the cost of a serious price tag. And again but 10 shots magazines. In .22 that is . Which makes it not a gun for you, since you re asking for a .25 semi.

3. Going lowcost there’s AEA to start with. Can t say anything for sure about AEA quality since I don t own AEA myself (and i v only shot 1 AEA on one occasion). On the other hand, must say the latest AEA review I read on a Dutch airgun forum didn t quite make me jump for joy. But i don t doubt there are enough others to contradict me.

4. Another lowcost one to consider might be the Snowpeak M40. Don t own one but an acquaintance seems quite happy with it. But again :, limited magazine counts.

5. By far the best choice in my book, would be the Huben in its latest edition. Not the cheapest, that’s a fact. But at this point I can t think of a more accurate and smooth shooting semi at the moment. Provided it s well tuned. Of course.
Just tried the Huben with a @brawler1588 today and yes this gun is amazing!

It's always nice being able to meet a new airgun buddy. Some know me on here some don't but I enjoy the hobby and I will help anyone I can. I have tested alot of gear day/night scopes, some thermal, and been through a bunch of pcps. Finally narrowing it down the keepers. @Sung Is a new member starting out and I was glad we were able to meet up at my club to test some stuff out. If anyone ever has any questions just ask if I don't have the answer I can usually direct you to the right place.

I'm not sure if you've stated what you'd want to do with a semi-auto airgun?

Like some previous posters, I have a Leshiy 2, and it's the only semi-auto airgun I've ever tried. So it's difficult for me to compare. But I was more looking for a backpack gun than a semi-auto, and the Leshiy Classic is difficult to impossible to find, here in Canada. That said, I'm very happy with the Leshiy 2.

There is a learning curve on the K1s, just as with any air gun. My K1s don't have a jamming problem if I do my part. I seat my pellets using a piece of wood I carved, one must not seat the pellet to deep as this will catch the nose of the pellet causing a jammed rifle. The pellet must be snug in the magazine to prevent sliding around in the magazine causing a jam. I've had no problems with the gun that I haven't caused.

By fare it’s the Huben K1 I have owned a Edgun and had very bad customer service! The Huben I got from John at New England airguns and he was great! If you are looking for a 30 ftp gun and don’t mind spending 2,700 the Steyr looks very nice I would buy that at plinkguns.com he is the original importer, and is very nice and knowledgeable.
Jim

Reactions: Coolhand and Sung
GAWD.....lotsa comments on this question. I've owned a Huben K1 since Christmas (present to me haha) and have shot @600rds through it. Love it. Only failures were my fault when loading it. For just 'blasting' things I've got an AEA for the grandkids to use. It's okay, but you get what you pay for especially in the cycling function of the AEA--sometimes it fails and you have to pull the bolt back again. Not that I wouldn't let the grandkids shoot my Huben, but I'm setting it up for slugs and coyote huntin. Just sayin.

Reactions: Sung
Yes, I had the pleasure of meeting @brawler1588 yesterday and gltry out his two semi auto guns: Leshiy 2 with 350mm barrel and a 350cc.CF tank and I really liked it, especially after the disappointment of the AEA TD Carbine. To me the only down side of the L2 is the mag which only contains 8 shots and is a pain to reload. Then I tried his Huben K1, also in .25 cal and boy this one is close to perfection. The best trigger I have tried on any gun so far. So crisp and precise, the reset is absolutely perfect! It is accurate and extremely quite with its carbon shrouded barrel. @deloooper, I want a semi for rapid follow up shots. And for target practice. And because it is fun to shoot.
@brawler1588 , thanks a lot bro for your time and knowledge and for introducing me to your shooting club!
GAWD.....lotsa comments on this question. I've owned a Huben K1 since Christmas (present to me haha) and have shot @600rds through it. Love it. Only failures were my fault when loading it. For just 'blasting' things I've got an AEA for the grandkids to use. It's okay, but you get what you pay for especially in the cycling function of the AEA--sometimes it fails and you have to pull the bolt back again. Not that I wouldn't let the grandkids shoot my Huben, but I'm setting it up for slugs and coyote huntin. Just sayin.
Thanks for your contribution. It seems like everyone agrees on both the Huben K1 and Leshiy 2 being the best semi auto with a slight advantage for the former. I personally had the opportunity to try them both on the same day thanks to @brawler1588 who owns them and yes the K1 is the better gun in many ways but I ended up buying the L2.

Yes, I had the pleasure of meeting @brawler1588 yesterday and gltry out his two semi auto guns: Leshiy 2 with 350mm barrel and a 350cc.CF tank and I really liked it, especially after the disappointment of the AEA TD Carbine. To me the only down side of the L2 is the mag which only contains 8 shots and is a pain to reload. Then I tried his Huben K1, also in .25 cal and boy this one is close to perfection. The best trigger I have tried on any gun so far. So crisp and precise, the reset is absolutely perfect! It is accurate and extremely quite with its carbon shrouded barrel. @deloooper, I want a semi for rapid follow up shots. And for target practice. And because it is fun to shoot.
@brawler1588 , thanks a lot bro for your time and knowledge and for introducing me to your shooting club!

Thanks for your contribution. It seems like everyone agrees on both the Huben K1 and Leshiy 2 being the best semi auto with a slight advantage for the former. I personally had the opportunity to try them both on the same day thanks to @brawler1588 who owns them and yes the K1 is the better gun in many ways but I ended up buying the L2.
@Sung what made you decide on the L2 over the K1? Any regrets? I’ve been stuck on deciding between these two for a while now.

@Sung what made you decide on the L2 over the K1? Any regrets? I’ve been stuck on deciding between these two for a while now.
Well, I really love the look of the L2. It handles like an AR and is probably one of the simplest high performance airguns out there. Simple but versatile and tuneable to your taste. You can swap calibers easily you can change barrel lenghts at will and there are tons of accessories to make it yours. It is super reliable and shoots great. I'm attaching the picture of my L2, I specifically needed some real estate to attach a flash light and a laser/IR illuminator, because I like shooting when it's dark, so I bought the handguard and I swapped the barrel to 600mm with Edgun's proprietary shroud and suppressor. Even the suppressor is tunable as you can put as many or as little baffles as you want to make it super quiet or a little less. If you are just after a precision gun K1 is a great gun but I chose the L2 and didn't look back. I also have a Western Airguns Sidewinder in 30 Cal, a great gun but the build quality is left to be desired and it doesn't have any accessories yet.
Last but not least I swapped the bottle for a 300 bar 470cc CF bottle and with the reg at 130 bar it shoots 38gr slugs at around 900 FPS and the shot count is really good too as I get 60 shots. My gun is a .25 Cal.

20230506_100553.jpg

Last edited:
Most of the airguns I own or used to own are semi-automatics.
- Leshiy 2 .30
- Hatsan Blitz BP .30
- Hatsan Sortie .22
- Hatsan Invader .22
- Evanix Viper .25

Each one of these has served me well. No issues besides a broken pressure guage which needed replacing. The Blitz with the new high capacity mags (33 rounds) is crazy fun to shoot. I know Hatsan's semi line aren't the most popular or revered on this forum, but from my experience they run just fine if you maintain them regularly.

I also owned an SK-19 for a few months and an AEA HP Carbine for about a week. The SK-19 I ended up selling because it simply wasn't really for me. Hard to explain why but... I just didn't enjoy shooting it that much. No jams or leaks though, it always ran well.

I have no experience with the Huben K1, and given the price tag I don't think I'll be getting one anytime soon. I am interested in the Pistol version though, so I might save up some money for that one.

As for the HP, the valve pin broke after just 2 days, which is a common problem with their products. This wouldn't be a deal breaker, if it wasn't for the fact that spare parts are hard to get in Europe. Im not touching AEA again until they get a proper foothold here.

Most of the airguns I own or used to own are semi-automatics.
- Leshiy 2 .30
- Hatsan Blitz BP .30
- Hatsan Sortie .22
- Hatsan Invader .22
- Evanix Viper .25

Each one of these has served me well. No issues besides a broken pressure guage which needed replacing. The Blitz with the new high capacity mags (33 rounds) is crazy fun to shoot. I know Hatsan's semi line aren't the most popular or revered on this forum, but from my experience they run just fine if you maintain them regularly.

I also owned an SK-19 for a few months and an AEA HP Carbine for about a week. The SK-19 I ended up selling because it simply wasn't really for me. Hard to explain why but... I just didn't enjoy shooting it that much. No jams or leaks though, it always ran well.

I have no experience with the Huben K1, and given the price tag I don't think I'll be getting one anytime soon. I am interested in the Pistol version though, so I might save up some money for that one.

As for the HP, the valve pin broke after just 2 days, which is a common problem with their products. This wouldn't be a deal breaker, if it wasn't for the fact that spare parts are hard to get in Europe. Im not touching AEA again until they get a proper foothold here.
Same here, I bought an AEA Terminator that never worked out of the box so I sent it back.

I waited for the sidewinder, so is the only semi I have own.

Easy to use, accurate, accurate, comfortable to shoulder, excellent quality.

Consequence: Really difficult to choose to pick another one I own when going out for plinking.

I have the .25 and the .30. I have not had any fail on either.

But as I do not have experience with any other semi, I may not say it is better than ....

I have an AEA HP SS .30 that I am very happy with. Had to replace the valve pin a few months ago but it is easy to work on. I got mine for small game hunting. It's compact, lightweight and tough enough to toss around as a truck gun.

I hear AEAs new SF series is pretty good. I am currently toying with the idea of getting one of them. The SF series has a switch to go from semi to bolt action.

As for the Huban & Leshiy, I hear they are great. They are just way out of my price range. I'll have to wait for the lottery to afford one of them.

AEA is for the hobbiest that likes to tinker and is willing to put in the time with his/her toys. There is more to shooting than just pulling a trigger. A good shooter will make the gun behave and do what he wants it to do. If your just looking to punch holes in a target, the AEA will get the job done. If it's about the "look at what I've got" and never having to do anything except pull the trigger, go ahead and invest a couple grand.

In the long run, it's all about personal preference and what will make you happy.