What is the best Semi-Auto Airgun?

I have limited experience with semi autos, SK and K1s. I'd go with the K1, easy tune, power out the wahzo if you want it. The Huben is a mature platform, no bugs left in it. The only problems I've had with them was user error ( self inflicted). Kelly has been able to talk me through any problem I've caused, best customer service I've ever experienced. I like the K1s so much I've 3 of them, one in .177, .22 and one in .25. If they made one in .30 I'd add it to my collection i a heart beat.

Reactions: psycho62 and Sung
I have owned and returned several semi-autos. Including a k1 and the biggest problem for me is jamming. The two I have kept are the AEA and the KalibrGun Springbok. The Springbok has never jamed but the aea I can unjam. I like the open bolt with the Springbok. I would like a styer some day. I would recommend the AEA as your first because its the best cheep one. I've got 1300 pellets through the springbok and I still love it. Even more after the reg is broken in.

Reactions: Sung
I bought an AEA HP Carbine TD .25 Cal, and I returned it because the gun would not cycle properly.
I've owned the HP SS .25 cal for about 3 months now, I've loved the gun. I also have a Hatsun sortie that I know lots of people seem to hate and I've never had a problem out of that gun either. I guess I just gotten lucky.

Reactions: Sung
I've owned the HP SS .25 cal for about 3 months now, I've loved the gun. I also have a Hatsun sortie that I know lots of people seem to hate and I've never had a problem out of that gun either. I guess I just gotten lucky.
The HP looks good I wish it was regulated. My understanding is that it is not.

Below entirely imo, of course.

1. Forget Leshiy. Huge price tag for what it is. Semi with a low magazine count equals a disability. Next to that a rather poor number of shots per fil.
And above all of course : it s an ugly a** gun.

2. Someone earlier on in this topic here, named Steyr Pro X :
Say Steyr, say Quality. With capital Q. This quality however comes at the cost of a serious price tag. And again but 10 shots magazines. In .22 that is . Which makes it not a gun for you, since you re asking for a .25 semi.

3. Going lowcost there’s AEA to start with. Can t say anything for sure about AEA quality since I don t own AEA myself (and i v only shot 1 AEA on one occasion). On the other hand, must say the latest AEA review I read on a Dutch airgun forum didn t quite make me jump for joy. But i don t doubt there are enough others to contradict me.

4. Another lowcost one to consider might be the Snowpeak M40. Don t own one but an acquaintance seems quite happy with it. But again :, limited magazine counts.

5. By far the best choice in my book, would be the Huben in its latest edition. Not the cheapest, that’s a fact. But at this point I can t think of a more accurate and smooth shooting semi at the moment. Provided it s well tuned. Of course.

i sort of went through this decision although it was some time ago.
that's why i am likely to recommend whatever i own. i like the compact nature of the L2, but if quietness was critical, there may be better options.

NP8oki2.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, that's good I got mine. https://www.bintacllc.com/
Talk to him, his number is right on the website as soon as you open it up. He will hook you up, That's the guy I got both my AEA guns from.
Thanks! I might give this a shot. Not right this moment. I just got a thermal not long ago and blew too much money on me myself and I again :-D

Reactions: MWS
Thanks! I might give this a shot. Not right this moment. I just got a thermal not long ago and blew too much money on me myself and I again :-D
I feel you there bro, I just got the AEA Challenger bullpup 50 cal, I bought the jet a month ago, and I just bought scopes for both. I'm broke now, done for a while lol.

Reactions: Huncowboy

s

I've owned the HP SS .25 cal for about 3 months now, I've loved the gun. I also have a Hatsun sortie that I know lots of people seem to hate and I've never had a problem out of that gun either. I guess I just gotThat is the difference between a ten lucky.

That is the difference between a top brand like FX and and cheaper brand like AEA, like many thing from China it is a hit or a miss. Mine was a total miss.

I am very good friends with @ctshooter and i see you are also only 35 minutes from me. If you wanted we could meet up and you can try the huben k1 and the leshiy 2 both of mine are in .25 but after only owning the huben for a very short time I am extremely happy with it. If you would like more detailed information or any questions don't hesitate to reach out.

Thanks for thco

Below entirely imo, of course.

1. Forget Leshiy. Huge price tag for what it is. Semi with a low magazine count equals a disability. Next to that a rather poor number of shots per fil.

And above all of course : it s an ugly a** gun.

2. Someone earlier on in this topic here, named Steyr Pro X :

Say Steyr, say Quality. With capital Q. This quality however comes at the cost of a serious price tag. And again but 10 shots magazines. In .22 that is . Which makes it not a gun for you, since you re asking for a .25 semi.

3. Going lowcost there’s AEA to start with. Can t say anything for sure about AEA quality since I don t own AEA myself (and i v only shot 1 AEA on one occasion). On the other hand, must say the latest AEA review I read on a Dutch airgun forum didn t quite make me jump for joy. But i don t doubt there are enough others to contradict me.

4. Another lowcost one to consider might be the Snowpeak M40. Don t own one but an acquaintance seems quite happy with it. But again :, limited magazine counts.

5. By far the best choice in my book, would be the Huben in its latest edition. Not the cheapest, that’s a fact. But at this point I can t think of a more accurate and smooth shooting semi at the moment. Provided it s well tuned. Of course.